WSU Passing vs. AU Running

aubie123

I think we will prevail, but I wouldn't call it JUST our running against their passing. While running is probably our strength, Brandon Cox, Courtney Taylor, and our other receivers (including tight ends!) are too dangerous for WSU to ignore. If they try to stick eight in the box or something like that to stop the run, I'm sure CAB has plans for how Brandon and Company can eat them alive with the pass.

On the other hand, if they don't concentrate on the run, then we'll probably get most of our yards on the ground. And of course, the ground game has the advantage of keeping the ball away from their offense longer...unless Kenny, Brad, & Co. insist on breaking a lot of long ones. :rolleyes:

The real difference here is not Os, we both have awesome Offense.

The difference will be D. WSU was rated in the 110s last year statistically. We were rated in the 20s-30s for the most part.

Wazzu? seems to have great single players, but the overall talent of the D is just not great. They admit on several preview shows that they have VERY suspect corners.

This game comes down to isolating CT, LG, and RS on the corners and they coming up with the ball. We also keep the ball on the ground to keep their O off the field.

The real difference here is not Os, we both have awesome Offense.

The difference will be D. WSU was rated in the 110s last year statistically. We were rated in the 20s-30s for the most part.

Wazzu? seems to have great single players, but the overall talent of the D is just not great. They admit on several preview shows that they have VERY suspect corners.

This game comes down to isolating CT, LG, and RS on the corners and they coming up with the ball. We also keep the ball on the ground to keep their O off the field.

+1

I fell the same as well, hard to deny that both O's are great. That pretty much leaves D and special teams to make the difference. JMHO

Yep, like David said, it is going to be a matter of how the defenses react. I think we will do okay offensively on the ground and in the air. Our mostly inexperienced LBs and secondary is going to be the big question mark. I think Will Herrings leadership to the younger guys is going to be invaluable on Saturday.

We also keep the ball on the ground to keep their O off the field.

Unless we give it to Tristan Davis and he scores too quick.

Tex, I love your posts in the football forum. You rock on some of these threads.

Tex, I love your posts in the football forum. You rock on some of these threads.

Tis the season...almost!

Yeah, he is actually funny and makes sense over here. :poke:

Seriously Tex, you need to quit spending so much time in that political forum and spend more time in the football forum. I don't understand why so many care about that silly political forum. :rolleyes:

Archived