9/11 was an inside job???

DKW 86

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job'

by JAYA NARAIN

Last updated at 18:10pm on 5th September 2006

The 9/11 terrorist attack on America which left almost 3,000 people dead was an "inside job", according to a group of leading academics.

Around 75 top professors and leading scientists believe the attacks were puppeteered by war mongers in the White House to justify the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich Arab countries.

See also...

New DNA bid to identify 9/11 victims

Iran's president keeps promise to purge universities of 'liberals'

The claims have caused outrage and anger in the US which marks the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on Monday.

But leading scientists say the facts of their investigations cannot be ignored and say they have evidence that points to one of the biggest conspiracies ever perpetrated.

Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics at the Brigham Young University in Utah, says the official version of events is the biggest and most evil cover up in history.

He has joined the 9/11 Scholars for Truth whose membership includes up to 75 leading scientists and experts from universities across the US.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

"We challenge this official conspiracy theory and, by God, we're going to get to the bottom of this."

In essays and journals, the scientists are giving credence to many of the conspiracy theories that have circulated on the internet in the past five years.

They believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project for a New American Century, set on US world dominance, orchestrated the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to hit Iraq, Afghanistan and later Iran.

The group says scientific evidence over the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon is conclusive proof.

Professor Jones said it was impossible for the twin towers to have collapsed in the way they did from the collision of two aeroplanes.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

The group also maintains World Trade Centre 7 - a neighbouring building which caught fire and collapsed later in the day - was only partially damaged but had to be destroyed because it housed a clandestine CIA station.

Professor James Fetzer, 65, a retired philosopher of science at the University of Minnesota, said: "The evidence is so overwhelming, but most Americans don't have time to take a look at this."

The 9/11 Commission dismissed the numerous conspiracy theories after its exhaustive investigation into the terror attacks.

Subsequent examinations of the towers' structure have sought to prove they were significantly weakened by the impact which tore off fire retardant materials and led the steel beams bending under heat and then collapsing.

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mt Holyoake College in Massachusetts, has dismissed the academic group.

He said: "To plant bombs in three buildings with enough bomb materials and wiring? It's too huge a project and would require far too many people to keep it a secret afterwards.

"After every major crisis, like the assassinations of JFK or Martin Luther King, we've had conspiracy theorists who come up with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It's a waste of time."

But University of Wisconsin assistant professor, Kevin Barrett, said experts are unwilling to believe theories which don't fit into their belief systems.

He said: "People will disregard evidence it if causes their faith to be shattered. I think we were all shocked. And then, when the voice of authority told us what happened, we just believed it."

As the fifth anniversary approached, the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.

Ranger made mention of this article form Popular Mechanics yesterday, I don't remember if he provided a link or not.

Popular Mechanics

We had a consultant in the office here in Kansas City that was very into the Loose Change video. I gave her this link and she still doesn't believe me.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

From the link I provided:

FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength--and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning, notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.

"The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down."

Still doesn't explain the bldg 7 collapse. Nor do we have complete unaltered video of the Pentagon strike. I'd like to see the video from the gas station, you know, the one that FBI confiscated after the Pentagon was truck. Please, Pretty Please.

No. What we have is a priori arguments from these nitwits, using only evidence to support their conclusion that ignores a multitude of independent witnesses and investigators. Small wonder nobody trusts academicians anymore.

Still doesn't explain the bldg 7 collapse. Nor do we have complete unaltered video of the Pentagon strike. I'd like to see the video from the gas station, you know, the one that FBI confiscated after the Pentagon was truck. Please, Pretty Please.

Just out of curiosity... What would you expect the video to show... Dick Cheney with orange cones directing the plane into the Pentagon? JK Really, what do you think it would show?

Just out of curiosity... What would you expect the video to show... Dick Cheney with orange cones directing the plane into the Pentagon? JK Really, what do you think it would show?

It was really a missle and and the plane flew on to Cuba. The passengers were taken to Guantanamo, where they are still locked up, and Castro got the keep the plane for his 'silence'. Do a search on the web and you will see just 2 months after 9/11, Castro flying in a slicked out 757 (he had that classic image of Che Guevara painted on the tail) to visit his buddy Chavez. Why do you think Bush was so passive in pushing for an internal revolution when Castro was sick, they are partners now...

It was really a missle and and the plane flew on to Cuba. The passengers were taken to Guantanamo, where they are still locked up, and Castro got the keep the plane for his 'silence'. Do a search on the web and you will see just 2 months after 9/11, Castro flying in a slicked out 757 (he had that classic image of Che Guevara painted on the tail) to visit his buddy Chavez. Why do you think Bush was so passive in pushing for an internal revolution when Castro was sick, they are partners now...

Boy, that's a whacko theory if ever I've heard one. Let's see...details about our torturing Arab prisoners keep emerging from Guantanamo, even though the place is under strict security lockdown. But a few dozen American citizens held captive after being extracted from an airliner would have gone unnoticed. Oh, yeah. That makes a helluva lot of sense.

Boy, that's a whacko theory if ever I've heard one. Let's see...details about our torturing Arab prisoners keep emerging from Guantanamo, even though the place is under strict security lockdown. But a few dozen American citizens held captive after being extracted from an airliner would have gone unnoticed. Oh, yeah. That makes a helluva lot of sense.

Um, the only one I expected to bite on this one was Bottomfeeder...

Um, the only one I expected to bite on this one was Bottomfeeder...

Oh. LOL. Well, given the number of flakes on this board, you never know. You have to admit that. <_<

Still doesn't explain the bldg 7 collapse.

From the link I provided. Popular Mechanics

WTC 7 Collapse

CLAIM: Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: "The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one."

FACT: Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom--approximately 10 stories--about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out." NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7's upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST's analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of "progressive collapse," a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or "kinks," in the building's facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building's failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. "What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors," Sunder notes, "it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down."

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building's other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: "Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time."

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors--along with the building's unusual construction--were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.

More lies and distortion. The year 2008 will prove some of the theories correct and people will be held accountable.

:thumbsup: You go Bottomfeeder, we are all right behind you and when we see the proof ourselves we will be worshipping at your feet!!

That's right, elect a Dem Congress and we are gonna get 2 years of hearings and lunatic Left wing Whackadoo Conspiracies and Maybe an Impeachment! Woohoo! Cant wait! Gridlock, ill will, ugly tv ads and smear campaigns, nothing getting done in DC....Yep, Cant wait!

NOT!

That's right, elect a Dem Congress and we are gonna get 2 years of hearings and lunatic Left wing Whackadoo Conspiracies and Maybe an Impeachment! Woohoo! Cant wait! Gridlock, ill will, ugly tv ads and smear campaigns, nothing getting done in DC....Yep, Cant wait!

NOT!

All the while S. Korea and Iran build nuclear bombs unchecked. Then we begin another cold war only this time whith a truly unstable enemy. But then again, that will be Bush's fault.

NOT!

All the while S. Korea and Iran build nuclear bombs unchecked. Then we begin another cold war only this time whith a truly unstable enemy. But then again, that will be Bush's fault.

Why it certainly is his fault? While he's looking at the dollar signs, weird haircut and the shrimp are building nukes. Smart man that Bush. :roflol: Look, overthere in Iraq there's the bad guy, let's spend our children into clavery arresting him and tearing his country apart without adequate troop levels to secure the peace, yea, let's get him. He did it??? :roflol: Bush is clueless, but that Cheney guy knows what's going on, because he is behind it all. You see, the oil giants won the battle between them and the Neocons. Both wanted the evasion of Iraq for different reasons, not 911.

What kills me is the conspiracy theory nut-jobs that use the line from the witness at the Pentagon that said, "it looked like a cruise missile with wings" as their damning evidence that the Pentagon was not hit by a plane. What they conveniently leave out is what the same person says just seconds before and is edited out. He states that he saw the plane and actually describes it as an American Airlines plane. Nothing like a few eyewitness details left out to get your theory to work out.

Glenn Beck had the guy from Popular Mechanics on his show tonight and showed the actual footage by CNN from the Pentagon. You can here the eyewitnesses actual words for yourself. For those that would like to see his show it will be on CNN Headline News at 11pm CT. He discusses a couple of the myths/conspiracy theories and debunks them completely.

More lies and distortion. The year 2008 will prove some of the theories correct and people will be held accountable.

I have to wonder what it is that life has dealt folks like to to such tragic delusions. I really do. I saw the exact same sort of nonsense the years/ months before Y2K. That date came and went, and nothing. Not a damn thing which was prophesized occurred. Folks of all sorts of faiths and backgrounds have made the most absurd predictions time and time again, from the return of Jesus, the coming of Alien space ships, to the start of Armegeddon.

Time and time again, those claims fall by the way side, and not ONCE has those nutcases come back to say " Hey, I was wrong. I apolgize. I now see how silly it was for me to buy into the stuff I was trying to peddle. "

When will YOU have that epiphany ? Ever ?

I hope for your sake, sooner, rather than later.

wde

You know, it could be just the opposite. It could be that the Dems realized that there is a segment of the voting population that just buys into this crap and therefore why not justy manufacture it?

Archived