To the LSU fans...

MDM4AU

I met a bunch of LSU fans this weekend. With the exception of several in the section I sat, all were great to be around. No team is without their idiots, I saw several of Auburn's this weekend, but overall the one's I actually met and talked to were great. This doesn't surprise me. I really didn't expect any less. The message boards have a way of blowing things out of proportion. If you believe everything you read on the web, one would have expected to see fights galore. I saw none.

The guys I sat with were a lot of fun. The guys I walked down the ramp with were classy. The good ole boys that tailgated by us were a hoot and overly courteous. Some LSU fans that stayed at the Heart of Auburn congratulated us this morning in the parking lot. There were even a couple down at Toomer's Corner right after the rolling had stopped that were cutting up with Auburn fans and really being good sports. I walked by a crowd of guys clad in purple and gold tailgating after the game that were good and liquored up that shouted at me last night but were good sports.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed talking to everyone of them.

Good luck, LSU, the rest of the way!

I met a bunch of LSU fans this weekend. With the exception of several in the section I sat, all were great to be around. No team is without their idiots, I saw several of Auburn's this weekend, but overall the one's I actually met and talked to were great. This doesn't surprise me. I really didn't expect any less. The message boards have a way of blowing things out of proportion. If you believe everything you read on the web, one would have expected to see fights galore. I saw none.

The guys I sat with were a lot of fun. The guys I walked down the ramp with were classy. The good ole boys that tailgated by us were a hoot and overly courteous. Some LSU fans that stayed at the Heart of Auburn congratulated us this morning in the parking lot. There were even a couple down at Toomer's Corner right after the rolling had stopped that were cutting up with Auburn fans and really being good sports. I walked by a crowd of guys clad in purple and gold tailgating after the game that were good and liquored up that shouted at me last night but were good sports.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed talking to everyone of them.

Good luck, LSU, the rest of the way!

Thank you for the classy post. As an LSU fan I'm proud to hear stories like this. I've heard nothing but good stories on the LSU boards about how LSU fans were treated in Auburn. :cheers:

All the LSU fans I met were very polite too. Of course I have been to LSU and had some not so nice. But my son is in the LSU band (I am a diehard Auburn fan) and as they were packing up their equipment after the game yesterday, some annoying AU fan came by and starting rubbing it in that they got beat and they sucked. I told him to get a life and be a good winner, but can't tell drunks anything. The band kids were hot, sweaty and worn out after that game and this idiot had to show his self and leave a bad impression with these young 18 - 21 year old kids.

I know taht there are many LSU fans down there who probably do the same, but we were standing there talking to our son, in our Auburn clothes with several other Auburn fans and these guys had to be so rude! I guess tehy were so drunk they didn't see our all orange!

Thanks to every one for a great time at the game. Both bands were fantastic and it was the first time since the Florida State game (can't remember the year) that I heard people stomping on the seats in the upper level. Hope we go all the way. Good luck the rest of the year LSU as well. :cheer:

The LSU fans I meet were nice also. The only bad story I heard was of an Auburn fan. Apparently there was agroup of LSU fans cheering near the stadium & an AU fan goes up and throws a drink in one of the girls faces. Then he asked if any of them waned any(the other LSU fans). I heard this from a couple of mu Auburn friends. They said they couldn't believe it. I can't believe the rest of the LSU fans just stood there. :no:

The only bad LSU fans I saw were 3 drunk guys before the game. They were running around the road before the Band came down to play the short pep rally. They were shaking their beers and shooting them at people. Some other LSU fans pulled them out of the street and they finally left. Goes to show that most of the obnoxious fans on both sides are usually the drunks!!

Most all of the LSU fans that tailgated with us were good people. One of them had some sour grapes due to the questionable call in the 4th quarter. I've always said that it's your own teams fault for not taking care of business the rest of the game. One call will not decide the outcome of the game.

I saw several drunks everywhere (more than usual) for both teams. Unfortunately, I was stuck with one behind me at the game who we had to reprimand for foul language several times. He was an AU fan as much as it pains me to admit.

I've been to 2 LSU/AU games in Baton Rouge and would only want to go back if I knew some friends from LSU and could tailgate with them. My other 2 experiences were scary. Of course it doesn't help to play those games at night where everyone is sloppy drunk.

Can I get some opinions on what some AU folks thought of LSU's band? I'm in it this year, and thats why my posts kinda stopped...

All the LSU fans I met were very polite too. Of course I have been to LSU and had some not so nice. But my son is in the LSU band (I am a diehard Auburn fan) and as they were packing up their equipment after the game yesterday, some annoying AU fan came by and starting rubbing it in that they got beat and they sucked. I told him to get a life and be a good winner, but can't tell drunks anything. The band kids were hot, sweaty and worn out after that game and this idiot had to show his self and leave a bad impression with these young 18 - 21 year old kids.

I know taht there are many LSU fans down there who probably do the same, but we were standing there talking to our son, in our Auburn clothes with several other Auburn fans and these guys had to be so rude! I guess tehy were so drunk they didn't see our all orange!

Thanks to every one for a great time at the game. Both bands were fantastic and it was the first time since the Florida State game (can't remember the year) that I heard people stomping on the seats in the upper level. Hope we go all the way. Good luck the rest of the year LSU as well. :cheer:

I was sad to see a bunch of LSU fans spraying beer on the Auburn band during the pre-game at Donahue drive. Other than that, nothing untoward.

Yea.....every team in the Country has Idiot Fans........Then add a Fifth of Whisky to that, and that is usually the outcome........Atleast we didn't start Rioting and Burning like a earlier game this year, can't remember which one.......Maybe the OSU game? Not sure. I was at the FSU game when we came back to beat them by Field Goal at the end, we where doing the Seminole War Chant......Because, if you remember, they were doing it the ENTIRE Night because they were on top all the way until the end. War "BY GOD" Eagle

The LSU band was great! VERY loud - but we were right next to them. Enjoyed it!

Most of the LSU fans we encountered were very gracious. I think everyone was nervous about the game beforehand and I feel there was a mutual respect going around. Everyone knew that game would be close and could go either way. I was very impressed with the majority of LSU fans I came in contact with. They are also VERY loud! Probably the loudest visiting section I've heard in JHS in a long time.

I sat behind the LSU crowd a few sections over from the LSU Band. As a former member of Carolina Crown (Drum Corps) I can tell you that the Golden Tiger Band sounded great! Very full, and very clean. I like the LSU sound, and the fans...for the most part, were very well behaved and fun to be around.

Only a few and I mean a small few, were out of hand at times.

Can I get some opinions on what some AU folks thought of LSU's band? I'm in it this year, and thats why my posts kinda stopped...

I rarely sit in the stands during halftime but for some reason I did Saturday. I really enjoyed your band halftime show!

You guys sounded great, and represented very well.

I'm a former AUMB member myself, graduated AU last spring. The LSU band has always had the rep of being the best band in the SEC (to quote the AUMB director) and I really enjoyed your halftime show on Saturday, you took Malaguena from the Madison Scouts and played it great, one of my favorite marching band charts from one of the greatest DCI shows ever! Keep up the good work. AUMB recruitment has skyrocketed and we are now larger than ever before, so the challenge for the title of best band in the SEC is about to change hands. B)

lsuj, I am a former AU band member (00-03) and I have always had a lot of respect for the LSU band. Once again, you guys were great. I know how hard y'all work and it shows.

Also, on the topic of the fan interaction, I think it has gotten a lot better the last few years. Things have cooled a bit since the days of the cigars and the burning of the tigertail van, etc. I think both fanbases not only have respect for each other's team, but we were all just too nervous going into the game to be hostile. Knowing how big of a game it was and what was on the line, most of us were just there to enjoy the moment and some great smashmouth football.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I love LSU's band. Great sound. They are the best band in the SEC, bar none. I would say the nation, but that would really be an uninformed opinion.

What hand cheer? Are you referring to a cheer the band does, or something the LSU fans do with the band? Because I can't vouch for the homosexuality or Napoleon-likeness of our fans...

Well I do give the LSU fans who attended the game much credit for being extremely loud and for supporting your team....most of you stayed after the game for awhile and waited for all of your players to leave the field, which I hope we would have also done had the outcome of the game gone the other way....these kids from both sides laid it on the line today and it was a great game to watch if you are a fan of football, but especially of either of these teams....the nation might not appreciate the game and dismiss it from the score, but considering the level of talent on both sides the score is even more impressive as the two defenses were incredible. Much props to the LSU fans for supporting their team vocally.......

War Eagle!!

The LSU band was great. There was some move that you did in the performance where my GF and I turned to each other and were like, "That's pretty darn cool right there...." It was something that looked kinda like a pinwheels spinning.

Good Job by both bands!

Guest BoStillKnows

We sit in section 34 and you guys made me sick. We're too close to the opposing fans. You have too much spirit, play too much, sound too good, and get the fans riled up. I hate it when that happens.

Hopefully you take that as a compliment.

I hate those friggin' cowbells from MSU :angry:

Archived