YES, we DO deserve respect

AUesquire

On the post game radio show yesterday, CTT made a comment that made me sit up and take notice. He said that this program has now won 7 out of the last 8 games against top 10 teams. Thinking back, I believe we beat 4 top 10s in 04", 2 last year and LSU this year. I'm guessing the loss came to LSU last year? Maybe someone can post the actual numbers.

Folks, we are right in the midst of an era of Auburn football that's unprecedented. What CTT has done rivals anything that any program in the country has done over the past several years. No, they haven't won a MNC...yet. But, as long as we stay this consistent and remain a player on the national level, I can live with that. I think we should take a step back every chance we get and realize where we are as a program and what's going on right now. Enjoy it.

WAR EAGLE!!! :au::cheer::au:

Auburn #2.. Florida is now #5... ... Another showdown in 4 weeks?

If Georgia hangs tough.. and we keep winning.. Then it could be another 2 top 5 team matchup. Alabama might be in the top 25 by then..

WAR EAGLE

And if Arkansas had scheduled a decent opponent this coming week and won, maybe they could be ranked when we met them! :big::poke:

One game at a time ;)

UF will be a test with the way that O plays. I know we can do a better job on O to score more than 7 v/s them. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

One game at a time ;)

UF will be a test with the way that O plays. I know we can do a better job on O to score more than 7 v/s them. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I gotta feel like if Tennessee can put 20 on 'em, we can do better!

we have to remember ONE game at a time as our good friend Tim always reminds us. my friends and i were talking at the game yesterday about how lucky we are to have been in school here during this era. it's truly a privilege

Just MHO, we were a fit for CTT and he is a fit for us. We hired a coach that was more than mildly warm but had had no real success as yet. He had whipped LSU a time or two but was 0-4 against us.

He grew, and had growing pains. I will never forget beating :uf: in 2001. I also will never forget getting beat by :ua: in 2001.

We were in horrible shape when he got here. We made the SECCG the second year with Rudi. We have swapped OC and DCs twice now. But in the final look, we have totally grown with him and he has grown with us. Bobby Lowder may be the Big Money Man on Campus, but CTT is DA Man. When we heard about Jetgate, the AU Family reacted so fast and so overwhelmingly positive for the ENTIRE program. We looked at the whole picture, not just one bad year on the field.

Since CPD came here in 1981, we have had three coaches not counting Bro. Oliver as interim. Just across the state, they have had seven if you count from 1983 onward, eight if you count 1981 when Dye arrived.

Call it kizmet or whatever. It did not happen overnight. I would not trade coaches with anyone, anywhere. When we do have to hire a new coach, 6-7 years from now from what I hear, I think the program that CTT will leave will be in such a good shape that we will have an extremely good short list to look at.

Just think, Borges, Petrino, Chizik, Muschamp!!!!!, maybe Patrick Nix. Either way, we will have plenty of applicants for a great job. It took a while and little patience but I truly enjoy the ENTIRE program. Academics, grad rates, character of our young men, though not perfect, is as high as any other program.

Thanks CTT.

On the post game radio show yesterday, CTT made a comment that made me sit up and take notice. He said that this program has now won 7 out of the last 8 games against top 10 teams. Thinking back, I believe we beat 4 top 10s in 04", 2 last year and LSU this year. I'm guessing the loss came to LSU last year? Maybe someone can post the actual numbers.

Folks, we are right in the midst of an era of Auburn football that's unprecedented. What CTT has done rivals anything that any program in the country has done over the past several years. No, they haven't won a MNC...yet. But, as long as we stay this consistent and remain a player on the national level, I can live with that. I think we should take a step back every chance we get and realize where we are as a program and what's going on right now. Enjoy it.

WAR EAGLE!!! :au::cheer::au:

Thats what i have been saying enjoy what is happening this season one game at a time is going to be special I for one am loving every minute of it War by god Eagle

Just MHO, we were a fit for CTT and he is a fit for us. We hired a coach that was more than mildly warm but had had no real success as yet. He had whipped LSU a time or two but was 0-4 against us.

He grew, and had growing pains. I will never forget beating :uf: in 2001. I also will never forget getting beat by :ua: in 2001.

We were in horrible shape when he got here. We made the SECCG the second year with Rudi. We have swapped OC and DCs twice now. But in the final look, we have totally grown with him and he has grown with us. Bobby Lowder may be the Big Money Man on Campus, but CTT is DA Man. When we heard about Jetgate, the AU Family reacted so fast and so overwhelmingly positive for the ENTIRE program. We looked at the whole picture, not just one bad year on the field.

Since CPD came here in 1981, we have had three coaches not counting Bro. Oliver as interim. Just across the state, they have had seven if you count from 1983 onward, eight if you count 1981 when Dye arrived.

Call it kizmet or whatever. It did not happen overnight. I would not trade coaches with anyone, anywhere. When we do have to hire a new coach, 6-7 years from now from what I hear, I think the program that CTT will leave will be in such a good shape that we will have an extremely good short list to look at.

Just think, Borges, Petrino, Chizik, Muschamp!!!!!, maybe Patrick Nix. Either way, we will have plenty of applicants for a great job. It took a while and little patience but I truly enjoy the ENTIRE program. Academics, grad rates, character of our young men, though not perfect, is as high as any other program.

Thanks CTT.

Well put David (you too, Steve). It's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!

CTT took the opportunity after the game to take a "shot" at some "other folks" by saying: "We have gone through some tough times and recruiting has gotten better. We have done it the right way." Kinda makes one proud. :cheer::au: As an older tiger, I can tell you guys categorically, this IS a golden time for Auburn and one I can't remember since the 50's and 80's. Enjoy!

Archived