How this forum used to look

TitanTiger

What a cool deal. This site lets you see a site archived just as it looked back on a certain date. And this is what AUNation (previously called War Eagle Nation) looked like:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011130021027/...phpBB/index.php

You can click around and see some other points in time here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://wareaglenation.com

I remember the first look from back in 2001. Amazing.

:bawling: I get upset looking at all those that do not post here now. I blame myself although I dont know what I really did to offend them.

I used to be one of those that posted back then....but, we did have some fans that were doing nothing but complaining about everything. The board got very fickle and I got sick of reading nothing but sarcastic comments and negativity towards everything Auburn. Mind you this was not everyone but it seemed to be a lot. So I left..............but im back now.

I used to be one of those that posted back then....but, we did have some fans that were doing nothing but complaining about everything. The board got very fickle and I got sick of reading nothing but sarcastic comments and negativity towards everything Auburn. Mind you this was not everyone but it seemed to be a lot. So I left..............but im back now.

Yeah, I was the same way. I had about a 3 month period early on that I stopped posting because of alot of negative crap. We have lost some good posters since then because of that, but overall I think the attitude of the board has gotten better.

Lets have a roll call. Who was here in 2001?

Who remembers TideTiger? The so called Alabama/Auburn fan.

David, what happened to Aubieone? I know he turned it over to you but I thought he would still hang around, but he never posted again.

I just remember I came here the same time as CarolinaTiger. We had been posting on some bammer site ragging the bammers. I think Chuck was their too. We used to get into fights with him. Then somebody kept mentioning WEN and we switched. Sure miss messing with the bammers though. Don't have time to do it anymore. I do remember references to some poster name "bama???" (not bamajay) that either got banned or stayed on the edge the whole time. Who was that?

Who remembers TideTiger? The so called Alabama/Auburn fan.

David, what happened to Aubieone? I know he turned it over to you but I thought he would still hang around, but he never posted again.

Present. AubieOne was running the show back then and kj was his right-hand man. I remember tidetiger too. He & I used to argue back & forth (never completely trusted him, btw.) We had a couple of regular bammies too. CrimsonPirate was there and bamagrad03 was rolling as bamastdnt back then. Carnell was a true freshman in 2001. {Dayyum}

I came on in late 2002 I think. Titan told me about it. It seems I had been on for about a year when we changed everything over and I "re-joined" in September 2003. I want to thank David and all of you who have kept this thing running for so long. This place is so much better than the other boards (AU and rival). I like that y'all nip the unfounded rumors in the bud and keep the profane at bay. Good Job guys! :thumbsup:

I was around in 01 but I dont remember how I got here. I do remember when bamagrad was bama student too bad he's still a bammer :P

I think I found this place in the spring of '03...then the great dismantling and re-registering in the fall of '03.

Lots of interesting personalities here, to be sure.

I've been lurking around since September of 2001 - I found the site after the aufan.com guys decided to call it quits after 9/11. I might have even got the link from their web site.

Anybody remember the dude with the homer pic in his avatar? Im glad he got banned.

The Homer Simpson dude - I think his moniker was HomerJay - That's when I first learned to use the feature to not display sigs (his was huge) and avatars. I too am glad to see him gone.

Just a comment: I think the latest change to the wordpress news format on the main page is a big step up. I like it a lot.

Question: I see that wareaglenation.com still resolves to aunation.net - will that continue in light of the university and their issues?

Archived