Cox to start this Saturday, Blake to play*******

DKW 86

From e-mail etc.

Cox will siit out the game with Buffalo, allowing Blake Field to get much needed playing time. Field played the entire WKU game last year and did very well, after Cox had a stomache virus.

******* Amended the topic to show more accuracy.

Would that leave Ensminger as the 2nd string QB for that game?

I have not heard whether they were planning on redshirting he and Caudle, but I assumed at lease one of them would.

problem with that is this: if you check cox's performances after a layoff, you'll see that he has not played well at all

Didn't AU beat USC 48-7 after Cox missed the WKU game last year? Spurrier's second worst beating of his career?!

I feel much better that our #2 QB has REAL game experience...

Smart move. Cox could use the rest & Blake could use the playing time. I hope they turn Blake loose & let him crank up the offense.

this makes so much sense it's crazy. If you have the players use them.

This is as close to an off week as we are going to get.

As I understand it, J. Vickers is the #3 qb. (In order to allow for a redshirt for Caudle and Ensminger.)

Blake also gets the benefit of playing behind an O line that is p***** off by their performance thus far. With Kenny itchin' for some big yards, this should be a very good game to get Blake in and get him some quality PT. Good luck, Blake! Good move by the staff.

From e-mail etc.

Cox will siit out the game with Buffalo, allowing Blake Field to get much needed playing time. Field played the entire WKU game last year and did very well, after Cox had a stomache virus.

Good call, despite Brandon's early protestations.

:au::homer:

Blake is a good football player...

Last year against Western Kentucky, his stats were

13/22, 200 yards, 3 TD, 0 Int...

Besides Blake, i would like to See Neil Claudle on the field if he is not gonna have redshirt this year....

War Eagle... :cheer::au:

blake started and played the whole wku game last year. he's got stronger arm than brandon (then again so does my brother's unborn son), and he's more athletic. the consistent knock from borges has been blake's inconsistency. as blake himself put it (and this is a paraphrase), "go out and play a really good serious then i go out there and make a stupid throw."

for that reason and because we need to get the running game right, i doubt we're really going to "open it up" this week, but i do think this is the right thing for the team. i read an article that said brandon "had trouble walking" on sunday and spent 4 hours getting treatment that day. he needs the time off as much as wilhite does, and getting backups serious run, whether it's blake or powers, is a good idea.

i'm guessing the accusation that brandon doesn't play well after layoffs has to do with his performance in both season openers and the bowl game (his three of the worst games in a solid career), but he did play extremely well against south carolina last year after sitting out a week (19 for 29, 245 yards, 1 td, 0 int). i'm glad we're resting brandon now, and i'm equally glad that blake is getting some pt in a game where the score is already out of hand (but it might already be "over").

I have all the confidence in the world that Blake Field CAN run the offense. He probably has more talent than Cox. However, its between the ears where Cox has him beat. That doesn't mean he's stupid. Blake is a solid #2. Good enough if you need him, not good enough to force a QB controversy!

ITAT reporting Cox will practice today and will start Saturday. He is banged up so I would not expect more than 2-3 offensive series with Cox at QB. It appears Kenny Irons will dress for the game but will not play.

ITAT reporting Cox will practice today and will start Saturday. He is banged up so I would not expect more than 2-3 offensive series with Cox at QB. It appears Kenny Irons will dress for the game but will not play.

I guess Tuberville is preparing for the future. You know, just in case Brandon and Kenny get caught up in any run-ins with the law, he can retroactively say that he predicted the incedent because he is psychic, and he has already punished them by sitting them out this game.

:poke:

No confirmation at all now. I am told, like Stat said, Irons will not start and Cox will. "Evidently," my normally very accurate email source got a wire crossed...

fo shizzle...

I guess Tuberville is preparing for the future. You know, just in case Brandon and Kenny get caught up in any run-ins with the law, he can retroactively say that he predicted the incedent because he is psychic, and he has already punished them by sitting them out this game.

:poke:

:roflol::roflol:

Archived