The ultimate respect...

Guest Tigrinum Major

TM, the sooner board is shut down to unregistered users. Can you paste it in???????

Guest Tigrinum Major

This could be enough to drive a man insane, but here it is:

9/17/2006, 09:55 AM #1

ChicsDigMyTrunk

Sooner Rookie

vCash: 500

Fark tuberville

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChicsDigMyTrunk

View Public Profile

Send a private message to ChicsDigMyTrunk

Find More Posts by ChicsDigMyTrunk

Add ChicsDigMyTrunk to Your Buddy List

9/17/2006, 12:38 PM #2

Okla-homey

SoonerFans.com Bronze Sponsor

Re: Fark tuberville

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicsDigMyTrunk

Fark away slappy, but one thing is for sure...AU wouldn't trade him for three Shula's, a Spurrier, a Lester Miles and a Sylvester Croome. The guy knows how to win, build a cohesive team and coaches with guts.

BTW, think that Tide "O" is up to the AU defense this year...or are you guys just gonna fold up like a fat lady sitting on a card table again?

I'm not a person who thinks the world would be entirely different if it was run by women. If you think that, you've forgotten what high school was like. -- Madeleine Albright

Show Sooner State Pride! Join the Oklahoma Historical Society

Protect the Arbuckle Simpson Aquifer

Okla-homey

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Okla-homey

Find More Posts by Okla-homey

Add Okla-homey to Your Buddy List

9/17/2006, 12:53 PM #3

ChicsDigMyTrunk

Sooner Rookie

Um...Quack!

ChicsDigMyTrunk

View Public Profile

9/17/2006, 01:57 PM #4

Okla-homey

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicsDigMyTrunk

Um...Quack!

What does OU getting robbed by zebras have to do with the fact you guys have been pwn3d by AU this century?

I'm not a person who thinks the world would be entirely different if it was run by women. If you think that, you've forgotten what high school was like. -- Madeleine Albright

Okla-homey

View Public Profile

9/17/2006, 02:30 PM #5

ChicsDigMyTrunk

Sooner Rookie

Um...Quack!

ChicsDigMyTrunk

View Public Profile

9/17/2006, 02:40 PM #6

etouffee

Fish Crimes Investigator

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.

etouffee

View Public Profile

Send a private message to etouffee

Visit etouffee's homepage!

Find More Posts by etouffee

Add etouffee to Your Buddy List

9/17/2006, 04:11 PM #7

catstide

Sooner Rookie

kids,he does look funny as hell!

catstide

View Public Profile

Send a private message to catstide

Find More Posts by catstide

Add catstide to Your Buddy List

9/17/2006, 07:37 PM #8

NewAZTiger

Sooner All-Big XII

The 1000 yard stare

NewAZTiger

View Public Profile

Send a private message to NewAZTiger

Find More Posts by NewAZTiger

Add NewAZTiger to Your Buddy List

9/17/2006, 09:00 PM #9

Okla-homey

In fact, if baby Shula evar beats Tommy T. (before Shula gets the boot from UA of course,) I'll kiss his bootay in Tuscaloser and give him 15 minutes to draw a crowd.

Okla-homey

View Public Profile

9/17/2006, 09:01 PM #10

Okla-homey

Quote:

Originally Posted by catstide

kids,he does look funny as hell!

Who cares what he looks like...he's got scoreboard. Handsome don't win ballgames.

Okla-homey

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 01:58 AM #11

phil2366

Sooner Rookie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okla-homey

In fact, if baby Shula evar beats Tommy T. (before Shula gets the boot from UA of course,) I'll kiss his bootay in Tuscaloser and give him 15 minutes to draw a crowd.

Get ready to pucker up this November!!!!!!

phil2366

View Public Profile

Send a private message to phil2366

Send email to phil2366

Find More Posts by phil2366

Add phil2366 to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 05:20 AM #12

Okla-homey

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil2366

Hah! After the beatdown that Georgia will administer to the Tide the week prior, there may not be anything left of them to even field a team against AU.

Anyway, the only puckering that is going to happen will be in Tuscaloser this January when the Bama AD walks into Shula's office, gives him a hug and says, "Sorry man, we gave you a shot, but the board and the alumni are tired of being the mediocre team we've been become and it appears you are incapable of getting it done for us. See ya."

Good news is, Sylvester Croom, who played for the Bear, may be available shortly to replace Shula and Croom would only have to make the short drive from Starkville to T-town.

Okla-homey

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 08:48 AM #13

etouffee

Fish Crimes Investigator

Quote:

Bama was lucky to beat Vanderbilt, and you're suggesting they stand a chance vs. Auburn?

etouffee

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 08:56 AM #14

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

Think you got that backwards homey. Auburn plays Georgia the week before the Iron Bowl.

We play LSU that week.

Quote:

Well, this the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ball game. They were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world, but here's one...this AINT Kentucky

- Verne Lundquist (CBS play by play man) after Bama's first touch down against Florida, 2005.

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

Send a private message to SelmaBamaFan

Send email to SelmaBamaFan

Visit SelmaBamaFan's homepage!

Find More Posts by SelmaBamaFan

Add SelmaBamaFan to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 08:59 AM #15

etouffee

Fish Crimes Investigator

So you're saying you expect to rebound from a 40-point loss and beat Auburn.

etouffee

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:01 AM #16

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

Yes, because obviously LSU has shown they can score points against SEC competition...

Quote:

Well, this the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ball game. They were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world, but here's one...this AINT Kentucky

- Verne Lundquist (CBS play by play man) after Bama's first touch down against Florida, 2005.

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:05 AM #17

Osce0la

Sooner All-Big XII

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SelmaBamaFan

Yes, because obviously LSU has shown they can score points against SEC competition...

My uncle (a lifelong, die-hard Alabama fan) tells me this weekend - "Man, Bama's not going to be able to score at all against either of these defenses"...Referring to Auburn and LSU.

Quote:

Miami linebacker Jon Beason raised quite a stir Sunday when he told the Orlando Sentinel's Emily Badger that he feels as if the 'Noles are "wearing my ring." "They're 7-5 [sic] and have a conference championship ring?" said Beason. "... That's unheard of."

It seems a strange point to be making when your team not only lost to the Seminoles during the season but did not even win its own division.

MySpace

Osce0la

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Osce0la

Send email to Osce0la

Find More Posts by Osce0la

Add Osce0la to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 09:10 AM #18

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

The way the SEC West looks this year, I dont think any team will have to score a ton of points to win the big games. If a team's offense gets hot, then its pretty much an automatic blow out. The West, in general, is a division with heavy hitters on the Defensive side of the ball. Having a good offense in the West might only mean you win the field position battle.

I cant really tell about the East yet though. They seem to have a knack for scoring points, but their defenses are out of position A LOT. I have a feeling the East teams are going to find it very hard to score points against the upper level teams from the West.

Quote:

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:12 AM #19

etouffee

Fish Crimes Investigator

Quote:

Yes, but you're not "competition", you're Bama. You don't seriously expect us to believe your defense is going to play LSU one tenth as tough as Auburn's did.

etouffee

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:22 AM #20

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

Why couldnt we? Auburn didnt exactly do anything extravagant with their defense against LSU. Did you watch the game?

Does that mean I think we will for sure hold them to 3 points? Probably not. Bama's defense is a tad young, and has a tendency to make 2 great plays then a bone headed one. However, they've gotten better with each game (as far as assignments go), and the LSU game is 2 months away. Our defense startd out slow last year as well, so I'm not to worried about that side of the ball with Kines on board.

Their QB has a habit of throwing in to double coverage and underthrowing the deep ball. That will play into the hands (hopefully, literally speaking) of our (sometimes over-)aggressive DB's. If we can stop the run, I think we'll be just fine.

Quote:

9/18/2006, 09:24 AM #21

Osce0la

Sooner All-Big XII

Sorry NAZT and other tigers on the board, but it had to be done...

I know I wasn't the only one thinking this when they lined up to kick that field goal...

Quote:

Miami linebacker Jon Beason raised quite a stir Sunday when he told the Orlando Sentinel's Emily Badger that he feels as if the 'Noles are "wearing my ring." "They're 7-5 [sic] and have a conference championship ring?" said Beason. "... That's unheard of."

It seems a strange point to be making when your team not only lost to the Seminoles during the season but did not even win its own division.

MySpace

Last edited by Osce0la : 9/18/2006 at 09:31 AM.

Osce0la

View Public Profile

Send email to Osce0la

9/18/2006, 09:26 AM #22

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

You were thinking of a red x?

Quote:

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:26 AM #23

NewAZTiger

Sooner All-Big XII

2 great plays followed by a boneheaded play against LSU and Auburn will lead to about a 30 point blowout by the aforementioned teams.

NewAZTiger

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 09:32 AM #24

Osce0la

Sooner All-Big XII

Quote:

You were thinking of a red x?

I finally got it to work now...

Quote:

MySpace

Osce0la

View Public Profile

Send email to Osce0la

9/18/2006, 10:01 AM #25

NewAZTiger

Sooner All-Big XII

Thankfully, Vaughn will never have to kick against LSU again. He did make the extra point, which kept the game from going into OT, as LSU would've kicked a figgy in the final minutes.

LSU must have put some serious voodoo on kickers that face them. Luckily, Bliss was immune. Best game by a kicker I've ever seen.

NewAZTiger

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 10:28 AM #26

Ash

Sooner Benchwarmer

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAZTiger

2 great plays followed by a boneheaded play against LSU and Auburn will lead to about a 30 point blowout by the aforementioned teams.

I was thinking the same thing, sounds to me like:

great play 1 = Offense held to 2 yard gain

great play 2 = Offense held to 4 more yards

boneheaded play = short pass allowed to go to the hizzy

repeat as necessary until gameclock reads 0:00

Ash

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Ash

Send email to Ash

Find More Posts by Ash

Add Ash to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 11:02 AM #27

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

I dont think you understand the expectations of SEC Defenses Ash. Im sure even AZTiger would agree with me when I say holding the offense to 2 and 4 yards dont qualify as great plays. That would leave the offense with a 3rd and 4.

Quote:

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 11:13 AM #28

Tiger Glory

Sooner Benchwarmer

Quote:

Why couldnt we? Auburn didnt exactly do anything extravagant with their defense against LSU. Did you watch the game?

Does that mean I think we will for sure hold them to 3 points? Probably not.

I admire your dedication. That being said, uat will be fortunate to hold LSU to three digits, IMHO. uat doesn't have near the personnel that LSU does, plus playing in Baton Rouge.....

Tiger Glory

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Tiger Glory

Find More Posts by Tiger Glory

Add Tiger Glory to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 11:28 AM #29

NewAZTiger

Sooner All-Big XII

Actually, playing LSU in Baton Rouge is an advantage for Bama. They owned that place for 20+ years. Nothing like the 3 centuries of dominance AU has in Tuscaloosa, but pretty darn good...

NewAZTiger

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 11:38 AM #30

SelmaBamaFan

8TC Box Stuffer!!

Well TBH, as a Bama fan Baton Rouge doesnt exactly make me to crawl under the covers and hide in total fear. We play LSU better there than we do in our own house.

Do I think LSU is an automatic win? Ofcourse not. That would be rediculous, but at the same time saying they will score 100 pts on us is just as bad.

The bottom line this year is Bama, Auburn, LSU, UT, UF, and UGa could lose to one of the others at any time. I wouldnt be surprised if the team that wins the SECC this year has two losses.

Quote:

SelmaBamaFan

View Public Profile

9/18/2006, 11:44 AM #31

Ash

Sooner Benchwarmer

Quote:

I dont think you understand the expectations of SEC Defenses Ash. Im sure even AZTiger would agree with me when I say holding the offense to 2 and 4 yards dont qualify as great plays. That would leave the offense with a 3rd and 4.

Heh...you didn't understand that I consider that to be a great play for your team.

On the other hand, I prolly shouldn't step into the middle of a backyard brawl that ain't my bidness. As you were.

Ash

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Ash

Send email to Ash

Find More Posts by Ash

Add Ash to Your Buddy List

9/18/2006, 02:14 PM #32

NYaggie

Sooner Benchwarmer

If Fran can walk into Baton Rouge and shutout LSU, just about any blind squirrel can find a nut in that place.

Archived