Cox, Irons, and Dede hurt but WILL play Sat.

DKW 86

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/s...0920/note.shtml

Auburn

AUBURN — Surgery to insert a pin in the ankle of Auburn tight end Cole Bennett was successful Monday, head coach Tommy Tuberville said during his weekly news conference Tuesday.

Bennett broke his ankle Saturday during the LSU game and is expected to miss six to eight weeks while the ankle stabilizes. A senior, Bennett would be eligible for a medical redshirt because the injury happened so early in the season.

Tuberville hinted that he would like Bennett back by the end of the year.

"Obviously it is going to be quite a few games," Tuberville said. "He wants to come back by the end of the season, maybe the last two or three games of the regular season. But you never know how that is going to work until you get into the rehab and see how fast he progresses."

Trio of starters out: Quarterback Brandon Cox, running back Kenny Irons and linebacker Karibi Dede didn't participate in the full practice Tuesday, nursing injuries sustained in Auburn's hard-hitting 7-3 win over LSU. All three are expected to be back practicing today and should be ready to go by Saturday's 1:30 p.m. kickoff against Buffalo.

"(Cox) is going to get out there and go," Tuberville said. "You would like to say you can play a lot of players, but we never approach a game like that."

Not taking the Bulls lightly: Buffalo isn't LSU. It's not Georgia. Heck, it's not even Mississippi State. But that doesn't mean Auburn, the nation's No. 2 team, will look past the Bulls.

Well, at least that's what the team is saying days before what could be a massacre.

"They have 11 guys like we have 11 guys," AU defensive end Quentin Groves said. "It only takes one busted coverage or one blown assignment to score, and then we're in for a battle."

TV news: There will be no game day broadcast of Saturday's game against Buffalo. CSS will show the game Sunday at 5 p.m. ... Though Auburn's game against Florida is still more than three weeks away, The Gainesville Sun reported Tuesday that the Oct. 14 game is expected to be picked up by ESPN for a 6:45 p.m. start.

GREAT news indeed! There is something "magical" about a night game @JH ! ! !

If ESPN is going to show this game, what game is CBS going to show? From looking at the schedule, the biggest game in the SEC that days is ours. The only other possibilty is bama vs. ole miss.

If ESPN is going to show this game, what game is CBS going to show? From looking at the schedule, the biggest game in the SEC that days is ours. The only other possibilty is bama vs. ole miss.

yea seems pretty hard to believe that CBS is giving this one up. Not much else to choose from game wise that weekend.

I hope it is the night game, LSU was tough with student gates opening 3 hours early instead of 2 hours early which made it a grand total of 6 hours out there cooking in the sun.

ESPN gets to pick one game during the season where they get first choice over CBS. Apparently they've decided to use it on Auburn-Florida.

On the plus side, maybe Gameday will either come to Auburn that day or at least talk about us for more than 5 seconds.

I'm not 100%, but I believe that ESPN has one or two times a season where they get first dibs over CBS on SEC games. I don't know what the parameters are they have to work in, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those times.

If I had to guess, I think that Alabama-Ole Miss probably would be the CBS game that day. The only other intra-conference games that day are LSU-UK and UGA-Vandy. Actually, now that I think about it, if LSU beats Florida the previous week, it could be LSU-UK. There's a good chance Bama loses to Florida, and if that's the case, since both Ole Miss and Kentucky suck, why not show the better team in LSU. Just a thought.

Even if AL-OM isn't on CBS, I think the fact that AU-USC is a Thursday night game pretty much assures AL-UF will be the CBS game that week.

If AU-UF is indeed on ESPN, my guess is our only other CBS game(s) will be UGA and/or Bama.

that would be awesome if it was a night game!!! Gameday would be here almost for sure (like we care) because they wouldn't have to promote a CBS game.

If I had to guess, I think that Alabama-Ole Miss probably would be the CBS game that day. The only other intra-conference games that day are LSU-UK and UGA-Vandy. Actually, now that I think about it, if LSU beats Florida the previous week, it could be LSU-UK. There's a good chance Bama loses to Florida, and if that's the case, since both Ole Miss and Kentucky suck, why not show the better team in LSU. Just a thought.

Kentucky doesn't suck as much as usual this year. If LSU has a big emotional let down after playing Florida, KY might make things interesting. Same might be said for Vandy-Georgia. Vandy doesn't suck as much as usual, either.

The Mississippi teams are pretty much the vacuum cleaners of the SEC this year.

gee I bet Gameday will be in Auburn :cheer::no::roflol::poke:

Yeah right, and if so I bet Auburn will wear or...e jerseys. :)

woah...now you're just asking for trouble!

can anyone find where this so called gainsville sun has actually reported that the game will be on ESPN. I looked on their site but couldn't find it.

That may be more a game of equals.

Archived