Richt has an out in his new contract for Miami?

DKW 86

http://www.benmaller.com/#college_rumors_notes

Georgia football coach Mark Richt has an out in his new contract if the University of Miami comes calling, according to Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano. Richt, a 1982 graduate from Miami, recently signed a long-term extension with the Bulldogs. Larry Coker is expected to be fired at the end of the season by the Hurricanes after a 1-2 start to the

Sighs

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21

Athens — Contrary to an Internet report, there is no language in Georgia football coach Mark Richt's contract that would allow him to leave for the University of Miami, his alma mater.

Fox Sports reported Thursday that Richt has an "out in his new contract if Miami comes calling." Richt does have a hefty buyout, as it customary in college coaching contracts, but there is no mention of Miami or any school other than Georgia in the 26-page document, signed in July.

Richt has moved his entire family to Athens, his mother is due in several months, and Brad Johnson's family is soon to be moving to Athens (friends of Richt's).

It is kind of laughable to think he leaves UGA for anywhere else.

Neither coach can publicly deny it since Coker has not been fired but UGASports.com had a writer go to Richt and ask him about the rumor.

He couldn't talk but a very, very, very, very close relative of Richt's basically said what we all know....why go to Miami with their small fan base, bad facilites, and ridiculous expectations?

I think Petrino will be one of the finalist for that UM job.

Why oh why oh why????

There was a greeter job open at my local wal-mart last week too. I have heard rumors that they interviewed Petrino. Louisville AD "had no comment" though.

Archived