Alabama / Arkansas Game Thread

autiger518

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is this going to open some of the kool-aid drinker's eyes? If not, let's review.

Hawaii...less talent then UAT and they barely escape with a victory.

Vandy...see above

Arkansas...less talent then UAT and they lose.

It is a shame that a team with the talent UAT is supposed to have can't win because their head coach gets in the way.

Let's see a few things come to my mind...

No more dealing with DOINK comments.

Bama is Back!!!

Shula looks like a young Bear Bryant.

LOL

That was possibly a showcase game for inept coaching.

Why did HDN not go for the win in regulation?

Why did CMS not go for a TD in OT1?

I'll have to think about his one for a while...Man, I just dont know.

I know one thing, I dont hold Tiffin liable. It should never have come down to his toe.

I know one thing, I dont hold Tiffin liable. It should never have come down to his toe.

Agreed. It is not his fault that UAT has not red zone offense.

When they cut to the camera shot of Shula on the sidelines in the 2nd OT right after they had missed the XP and Arky was driving......when he was cutting up and laughing with other coaches, I knew at that moment they were going to lose.

Priceless camera shot after the loss of him standing speechless, where just moments earlier he was cutting up and joking.

Have fun taking your boys to LSU and Florida, Mikey. Bring on Tennessee and Auburn!

If Christensen is "Money", is Tiffin's name "Refund"?

I just don't understand that whole situation. If the guy can do kickoffs, why can't he kick field goals too. I really have to wonder if there are favors being done for a former Shula teammate.

Well, to be honest, I was having Vaugh/LSU-2005 flashbacks when he would kick those kicks wide right. Hard thing to go through as a young man.

If Christensen is "Money", is Tiffin's name "Refund"?

I just don't understand that whole situation. If the guy can do kickoffs, why can't he kick field goals too. I really have to wonder if there are favors being done for a former Shula teammate.

I think you are right. We all know how important the Good Ole Boy system is there at bammer.

Well, to be honest, I was having Vaugh/LSU-2005 flashbacks when he would kick those kicks wide right. Hard thing to go through as a young man.

Exactly what I was thinking. He is a freshman right? As I have alluded to in my post above, I have to wonder if he should even be out there kicking FGs ahead of Christensen. Not a knock against Tiffin, because he is a young man thrown into a bad situation at UAT.

A walk-on freshman kicker didn't lose this game.....oh...and don't take this the wrong way, but you're an idiot.

While you are right...IMHO playcalling and coaching in general lost the game for you....you can't deny the fact that that kid was in way over his head today and he really dropped the ball. But again, that is really a coaching decision not to pull him.

A walk-on freshman kicker didn't lose this game.....oh...and don't take this the wrong way, but you're an idiot.

While you are right...IMHO playcalling and coaching in general lost the game for you....you can't deny the fact that that kid was in way over his head today and he really dropped the ball. But again, that is really a coaching decision not to pull him.

Can't disagree with you there.

BTW...that is the right way to discuss Tiffin...not attacking the kid and tearing him down like apparently some enjoy doing.

Let's see, we just stopped Arky in the first ot. We've got the ball and only need a fieldgoal to win. John Parker Wilson is 12-15 for 220 yards and 2 touchdown. Darby has 19 runs for 41 yards. Our kicker is 1-3 for fieldgoal tries.

I know, we'll run Darby three times up the gut, then attempt a 40 yard fieldgoal for the win. I mean, no way JPW can complete a pass.

and he really dropped the ball

No he didn't, he kicked it wide right.

Not disagreeing with you, Argo.

The game should not have come down to your kicker. And your coach had the wrong kid in kicking. However, you can't say that the kid did not do anything wrong.

C'mon now, no player "deserves" what just happened to Leigh Tiffin. I can't imagine how he feels right now.

Oh well, the sun will come up tomorrow. Hopefully. ;)

Totally agree.

Archived