The task at Hand

auwallace

who cares about the turds, they did what we thought they'd do....lose. WE are playing USC in four days. I hate bama as much as the rest of you but there are too many topics about them.

I agree, we have a Spurrier "O" the contend with. And, with the lack of first half effort on the part of Auburn playing an unranked nonconference team, we do have much to be discussing and less concern with bammer.

Ok folks....short week at hand for our tigers this week. Add to it, that its on the road, and it could prove more difficult than we expect. That said, we have a game thursday night we need to be worried about, not the "second rate" school to the west...

Where is stat-tiger with his numbers for the matchup this week?

What does everyone think we need to do or do better to beat SC?? Will Kenny Irons play this thursday? If so, how much?

Let's focus guys and gals....our TIGERS need our support....

In the words of WARTIM,

O N E at a time....

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Much more concerned about the :usc: than anything :ua: does. I hope we finally see the offense we are supposed to have. I believe the defense will give them fits. USC is concerned about AU's defense and Kenny Irons. Everyone should remember this is the SEC and any team can beat anyone at any given time! That being said - GO AUBURN! War Eagle! Beat the chickens!

Didn't realize our Tigers were losing our support!

Hope this week was enough time to give KI some much needed rest for some brutal SEC games coming up!

well, they aren't....the board is just littered with threads about that "other" school and personally i'm not a member here to discuss that lesser school. I'm here to discuss Auburn athletics, particularly football..... Just trying to re-focus the masses.... :)

Haha. Understood, understood :)

I think Kenny will come out running with a vengeance. I mean, afterall, he got the short end of the stick while he was at USC. I think he's going to run wild just to prove how they made a mistake overlooking him.

GOOD LORD! There are 6 topics about UAT on the front page of this AUBURN FOOTBALL forum as I type. Why are so many of you supposed Auburn fans so worried with that school from West Vance? I understand if there is a thread about the Turd's loss. That's understandable on the arch-rival's board, but 6 different topics? Come on people! Are you that deprived of a real social life that you can't find anything better to talk about? :blink:

GOOD LORD! There are 6 topics about UAT on the front page of this AUBURN FOOTBALL forum as I type. Why are so many of you supposed Auburn fans so worried with that school from West Vance? I understand if there is a thread about the Turd's loss. That's understandable on the arch-rival's board, but 6 different topics? Come on people! Are you that deprived of a real social life that you can't find anything better to talk about? :blink:

feels like the offseason, or ironbowl week

The game is going to be the onlyl one around Thursday night and ESPN has no choice but to actually talk about the football team. I'm worried about this game because of the short week and it being on the road, but USC hasn't really impressed me much this year. I would like to see Muschamp let the dogs loose and unload a whole blitz package at whoever is undercenter for the Cocks and see how SOS responds. Borges will have a steady dose of Irons for the game but some reverses, bunch plays and play action would be nice to see.

I heard somewhere over the weekend that spurrier let his QB come back. Not sure if it was an accurate report. not sure it really matters.

I heard somewhere over the weekend that spurrier let his QB come back. Not sure if it was an accurate report.

If you are referring to Blake Mitchell, the charges were dropped and he sat out one game if I am not mistaken.

Thursday night is the prime opportunity for :au: to show the "world" what they have. As it has been mentioned this is the only action on tap. I'm sick of all the crap from the media, which if Auburn was to score a 100 there would be something said without a compliment to our Tigers. At any rate this is a chance to silence some critics so to speak. I hope to win and win big.

bump.....no way we let sc run on us. I think we can stop that easily, Then if we can shut down sidney rice it might get ugly. I just hope the o line comes out to play and dominates the los.

Kenny is going to WANT to haev a big game. I think out of all the games, this is the one he does everythign possiable to get that one more yard.

I don't think SC is going to beat us, but we can't take them lightly. They finally put up some points, though it was a weak opponent. That may mean they finally have that Spurrier offense working. Speaking of Spurrier, you can never take him lightly regardless of the team he is coaching.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One of our biggest problems right now is Brandon Cox's inability to throw the long ball. What's keeping up from a national title? His arm. Plain and simple. The only thing keeping us alive in this thing is our defense and the fact that we have an incredibly stout group of backs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One of our biggest problems right now is Brandon Cox's inability to throw the long ball. What's keeping up from a national title? His arm. Plain and simple. The only thing keeping us alive in this thing is our defense and the fact that we have an incredibly stout group of backs.

Seeing how our running game has not exactly been tearing defenses apart since after the WSU game, it is Cox who has been able to move the ball for us. The "long ball" as you put it is for baseball. I can care less how far Cox can throw it just as long as he completes passes long enough for first downs. I think you are being a little overdramatic by saying Cox's arm is keeping us from a MNC.

I agree w/ Ranger on this one. #### the long ball, when need consistency, game management and dominane to quell the critics. Short of a romp, I see this team going throught he pads on USC. Spurrier is tricky and Muschamp knows it. I say let the dogs loose on they ###.

Brandon Cox is not the problem. maybe it has something to do with play calling, young receivers inability to get open etc. if you would notice that most of the sacks on cox this year have been coverage sacks.CT seems to be the only one getting open. be patient and let the recievers find theirselves in this great offense and we will be alright. I hope.

Lord willing KI and BC will be back 100% and I think we click on O. WSU was a good primer game. MSU and LSU showed us about tough DL and defense. Those were two great learning experiences for the O. THe Buffalo didn't suprise me in the sense of us coming out so flat. How do you get guys motivated to play Buffalo after a huge physically beating win against LSU???? You don't. Thus the reason we came out flat and it took til the third quarter to get things half way going.

I really think we will open it up on Thursday night. Now if I can only get some tickets at a reasonable price??

Archived