George Allen: Lying b*****d

TexasTiger

Shelton Responds to 9/25/06 Allen Denial: SEN. GEORGE ALLEN "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" ABOUT HIS RACIST PAST

An Open Letter from Dr. Ken Shelton

September 30th, 2006

Hendersonville, NC

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a former teammate of Senator George Allen of Virginia.

Why do I think Senator George Allen was a racist? George told me that he came to Virginia because he wanted to move somewhere where "the blacks knew their place." He used the N. word often, except in the presence of blacks.

George provided nicknames to many of his team players. He asked me if I was related to Robert Shelton, at the time an Imperial Wizard of a group affiliated with the KKK. I said "absolutely not." Despite this, he nicknamed me "wizard."

After a successful deer-hunting trip on family land of Billy Lanahan near Bumpass, VA, George asked our hunting companion, Bill Lanahan, where the local blacks lived. George placed a severed deer head in their large mailbox. This occurred not long after the film the "Godfather" was released featuring an intimidation scene with a severed horse's head. 

Why have I come forward? Because this is the right thing to do. I must clear my conscience. This media firestorm has no advantage for me and severs many friendships I hold dear.

It is my moral obligation and I believe my civic duty to let the voting public know the young George Allen. We all have indiscretions of youth that we would prefer to forget but when the future of this country is at stake, questions must be answered and proof provided that George Allen has changed.

I come forward at personal embarrassment for allowing myself to be a silent observer of George's misdeeds.

Why now? When I viewed the incident of Senator Allen addressing a native born Virginian with the term "Macaca," I saw the "bullying condescension " of the George Allen I knew over 30 years ago. Until the "Macaca incident," I was unaware that George was up for reelection.

When I was called last week by Michael Scherer, a reporter for www.salon.com, he asked me questions about George's racial past. I answered his questions honestly and that has brought us to this point.

I offer my apologies to the voters of Virginia. I have not lived in VA since before George was elected to any public office.  Meanwhile George has ascended political heights that I could not imagine.  I did not come forward sooner because I thought someone else would speak and I hoped that George would fade from the public's eye so that I could bury these events.

Earlier this year when I heard that George was testing the political waters for a potential presidential bid, I realized that I could wait no longer and began compiling written memories I had shared with others over the years.  [My] intent was to bring these facts out early in the presidential campaign to accomplish the same goal I have now. To make the public aware of George's past and to let them make their decision of his fitness for office.

I would do this whether George was a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. I am not political nor partisan. I donate to, write letters on behalf of, and vote for the best candidate regardless of party.

For speaking from my heart and being honest, I have been apparently been called a liar. My response? "George can't handle the truth." To be branded a liar is a response I expect from George.  I am surprised it did not come with an epithet attached. All I did was to tell the unvarnished truth.

There are pivotal moments in your life where you have to take a stand based on your morals and ethics. I failed the day of the deer head in the mailbox and have lived with my conscience ever since.  I have learned a hard lesson and hope this can go to every parent. Teach your children that silent observation of misdeeds only makes it worse. It makes you an accomplice. They must speak up to injustice.

I ask others to come forward.  Listen to your heart and clear your conscience.

Sincerely,

R. Kendall Shelton, M.D.

U.Va. College of Arts & Sciences '75

U.Va. School of Medicine '79

Shelton Responds to 9/25/06 Allen Denial: SEN. GEORGE ALLEN "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" ABOUT HIS RACIST PAST

September 30th, 2006

Hendersonville, NC

To Whom It May Concern:

Why do I think Senator George Allen was a racist? George told me that he came to Virginia because he wanted to move somewhere where "the blacks knew their place." He used the N. word often, except in the presence of blacks.

George provided nicknames to many of his team players. He asked me if I was related to Robert Shelton, at the time an Imperial Wizard of a group affiliated with the KKK. I said "absolutely not." Despite this, he nicknamed me "wizard."

After a successful deer-hunting trip on family land of Billy Lanahan near Bumpass, VA, George asked our hunting companion, Bill Lanahan, where the local blacks lived. George placed a severed deer head in their large mailbox. This occurred not long after the film the "Godfather" was released featuring an intimidation scene with a severed horse's head. 

Why have I come forward? Because this is the right thing to do. I must clear my conscience. This media firestorm has no advantage for me and severs many friendships I hold dear.

It is my moral obligation and I believe my civic duty to let the voting public know the young George Allen. We all have indiscretions of youth that we would prefer to forget but when the future of this country is at stake, questions must be answered and proof provided that George Allen has changed.

I come forward at personal embarrassment for allowing myself to be a silent observer of George's misdeeds.

Why now? When I viewed the incident of Senator Allen addressing a native born Virginian with the term "Macaca," I saw the "bullying condescension " of the George Allen I knew over 30 years ago. Until the "Macaca incident," I was unaware that George was up for reelection.

When I was called last week by Michael Scherer, a reporter for www.salon.com, he asked me questions about George's racial past. I answered his questions honestly and that has brought us to this point.

I offer my apologies to the voters of Virginia. I have not lived in VA since before George was elected to any public office.  Meanwhile George has ascended political heights that I could not imagine.  I did not come forward sooner because I thought someone else would speak and I hoped that George would fade from the public's eye so that I could bury these events.

Earlier this year when I heard that George was testing the political waters for a potential presidential bid, I realized that I could wait no longer and began compiling written memories I had shared with others over the years.  [My] intent was to bring these facts out early in the presidential campaign to accomplish the same goal I have now. To make the public aware of George's past and to let them make their decision of his fitness for office.

I would do this whether George was a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. I am not political nor partisan. I donate to, write letters on behalf of, and vote for the best candidate regardless of party.

For speaking from my heart and being honest, I have been apparently been called a liar. My response? "George can't handle the truth." To be branded a liar is a response I expect from George.  I am surprised it did not come with an epithet attached. All I did was to tell the unvarnished truth.

There are pivotal moments in your life where you have to take a stand based on your morals and ethics. I failed the day of the deer head in the mailbox and have lived with my conscience ever since.  I have learned a hard lesson and hope this can go to every parent. Teach your children that silent observation of misdeeds only makes it worse. It makes you an accomplice. They must speak up to injustice.

Sincerely,

R. Kendall Shelton, M.D.

:rolleyes:

Tell you what, TT, I'll give this the same credence you gave the Swiftboat guys.

Another GOP hypocrite/racist/bigot/liberal-spender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdpXrzTUC-s

Liars shall not enter into the Kingdom of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUJYJIqFI00

Colbert Roasts Sen. George Allen for his "Ethnic Rally"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWq4VHXFLM

September 30th, 2006

Hendersonville, NC

To Whom It May Concern:

Sincerely,

R. Kendall Shelton, M.D.

Tell you what, TT, I'll give this the same credence you gave the Swiftboat guys.

So you believe Allen when he swears he never uttered the n word?

Nothing but more mud raking from the Left. No evidence what so ever. Just lies from 'friends' from over 30 yr's ago. Never came up before, now these charges suddenly appear a few weeks before an election? Anyone who doesn't see this for what it really is - an attempt by the Left wing Dems to poison the well for Allen's 2008 bid for Presidency is only fooling themselves.

There's nothing to any of this , what so ever. The Dems are fabricating a non story ( can anyone say CBS / faked TANG documents ? ) for the sole purpose of lying to the voters.

The Dems have no plan, no ideas, nothing to get folks to vote FOR them, only fear, hatred and lies they spew in hopes folks will vote against their opponents.

September 30th, 2006

Hendersonville, NC

To Whom It May Concern:

I offer my apologies to the voters of Virginia. I have not lived in VA since before George was elected to any public office. Meanwhile George has ascended political heights that I could not imagine. I did not come forward sooner because I thought someone else would speak and I hoped that George would fade from the public's eye so that I could bury these events.

Earlier this year when I heard that George was testing the political waters for a potential presidential bid, I realized that I could wait no longer and began compiling written memories I had shared with others over the years. [My] intent was to bring these facts out early in the presidential campaign to accomplish the same goal I have now. To make the public aware of George's past and to let them make their decision of his fitness for office.

For speaking from my heart and being honest, I have been apparently been called a liar. My response? "George can't handle the truth." To be branded a liar is a response I expect from George. I am surprised it did not come with an epithet attached. All I did was to tell the unvarnished truth.

There are pivotal moments in your life where you have to take a stand based on your morals and ethics. I failed the day of the deer head in the mailbox and have lived with my conscience ever since. I have learned a hard lesson and hope this can go to every parent. Teach your children that silent observation of misdeeds only makes it worse. It makes you an accomplice. They must speak up to injustice.

I ask others to come forward. Listen to your heart and clear your conscience.

Sincerely,

R. Kendall Shelton, M.D.

I have no idea if he has or not, but I feel absolutely certain that Democrat Senator Robert Byrd has on more than one occasion. His past has never seemed to bother you or other dems. Why is that?

Nice counterpoint, JJ! I wonder if Grand Dragon Byrd still knows how to strike a match?

Shifting the blame has always been a GOP "stratergy." So, why not know? Because the guy is guilt. The evidence is there and the FBI is investigating to see if any federal laws were broken. I believe the state, where the incident took place, should investigate too.

Foley wrote to one page: "Do I make you a little horny?"

In another message, Foley wrote, "You in your boxers, too? ... Well, strip down and get naked."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15063977

Under Florida election laws, Foley's name must remain on the ballot. The party can replace him with another candidate, but voters must punch in Foley's name if they want to vote for that replacement.

Even Republicans recognize how hard that will be for some. "It's not an impossible task but certainly a daunting challenge," said Carl Domino, a state representative. "How is anyone going to be able to get people to punch 'Mark Foley'?"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...htm?POE=NEWISVA

I think that comes from both sides, BF. The point I am making, and I'm sure my good friend Tigermike will agree, is that the democrats should not be pointing fingers and doing a happy pee-pee dance because someone "supposedly" said the N word 30 years ago when they have a former Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan serving in the senate as a democrat......and a murderer serving alongside him to boot.

I was raised to make sure my house is clean before criticizing someone elses homemaking skills. Both parties could use this sage advice.

Nothing but more mud raking from the Left. No evidence what so ever. Just lies from 'friends' from over 30 yr's ago. Never came up before, now these charges suddenly appear a few weeks before an election? Anyone who doesn't see this for what it really is - an attempt by the Left wing Dems to poison the well for Allen's 2008 bid for Presidency is only fooling themselves.

There's nothing to any of this , what so ever. The Dems are fabricating a non story ( can anyone say CBS / faked TANG documents ? ) for the sole purpose of lying to the voters.

The Dems have no plan, no ideas, nothing to get folks to vote FOR them, only fear, hatred and lies they spew in hopes folks will vote against their opponents.

Mmmm, do I detect a Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy? *grin*

Who has never said the "N word"????? - Why deny it? You may say, "[Y]es, I was reading Huck Finn aloud one day and realized what I had said." But, don't deny it.

Actually? I really don't care if he ever said it or not.

PC run amok is what we have here. I don't know many white people who've NEVER said that word or something like it. And it really doesn't bother me. Tell you what, I'll start to care about him allegedly saying it when I worry about Dave Chappelle, Dre, Snoop, Chris Rock, Denzell, Richard Pryor, Kanye, Ludacris, Chingy, Ice (both T and Cube), Steve Harvey, Cedric, Bernie Mac and others saying it.

Actually? I really don't care if he ever said it or not.

PC run amok is what we have here. I don't know many white people who've NEVER said that word or something like it. And it really doesn't bother me. Tell you what, I'll start to care about him allegedly saying it when I worry about Dave Chappelle, Dre, Snoop, Chris Rock, Denzell, Richard Pryor, Kanye, Ludacris, Chingy, Ice (both T and Cube), Steve Harvey, Cedric, Bernie Mac and others saying it.

That sounds like pretty good logic to me.

Archived