ESPN Full Circle for AU/UF?

Aufan59

No sky cam against WSU, so surely they won't bring it for UF. The eagle has to fly!!!!!! I think AU put the foot down on that after the GT game last year.

I thought we said no sky cam or no broadcast. I hope they stick to that. It would piss off me and everyone else at Auburn if the eagle didn't fly.

Copied from the body of an e-mail to me from a friend at ESPN, for what it's worth...

So as you all know, ESPN has decided to do this game as an ESPN "Full Circle" production. What that means is that the regular game coverage will be on ESPN and ESPN HD and ESPN 2, ESPN U and ESPN 360 will show it in other ways, like a matrix screen with a variety of the ISO camera angles, etc.

One camera that is always at the ESPN Primetime game is "Skycam" and in fact, that has been used in the past for the ESPN U coverage on a "Full Circle" production. Of course, if Skycam is up, Spirit (the Eagle) can't fly. Much to their credit, AU has told ESPN that if they want to bring and use Skycam, they MUST figure out a way to lower it prior to the game so that Spirit can fly. If that can't be done, they are not going to allow Skycam in the friendly confines of Jordan-Hare Stadium for the game.

I think it is fantastic that the folks at AU laid down this mandate!!!

War Damn Eagle!!!

Beat Arkansas!

Copied from the body of an e-mail to me from a friend at ESPN, for what it's worth...

So as you all know, ESPN has decided to do this game as an ESPN "Full Circle" production. What that means is that the regular game coverage will be on ESPN and ESPN HD and ESPN 2, ESPN U and ESPN 360 will show it in other ways, like a matrix screen with a variety of the ISO camera angles, etc.

One camera that is always at the ESPN Primetime game is "Skycam" and in fact, that has been used in the past for the ESPN U coverage on a "Full Circle" production. Of course, if Skycam is up, Spirit (the Eagle) can't fly. Much to their credit, AU has told ESPN that if they want to bring and use Skycam, they MUST figure out a way to lower it prior to the game so that Spirit can fly. If that can't be done, they are not going to allow Skycam in the friendly confines of Jordan-Hare Stadium for the game.

I think it is fantastic that the folks at AU laid down this mandate!!!

War Damn Eagle!!!

Beat Arkansas!

Phew! Thank you War Eagle 96.......you're a life saver

As long as Spirit flies, I think the full circle is great. Its finally the coverage we are looking for...

Couple questions though...

1. Is the full circle contingent on Florida winning this weekend?

2. Why is this game on ESPN? Doesn't CBS have first option on the weekly SEC games? The other games that week are clearly inferior:

Ole Miss at Alabama

Southeast Missouri State at Arkansas

Vanderbilt at Georgia

Kentucky at LSU

Jacksonville State at Mississippi State

Not even Holtz could argue otherwise. As long as its a night game, I have zero preference between CBS/ESPN, just kinda wondering how the contracts worked out for this week.

With my slim knowledge of contracts....here goes -

CBS has a stipulation that if they have a double header on a weekend that ESPN has first dibs on the next weekends biggest SEC game.

Hope that clears up the contract questions......

With my slim knowledge of contracts....here goes -

CBS has a stipulation that if they have a double header on a weekend that ESPN has first dibs on the next weekends biggest SEC game.

Hope that clears up the contract questions......

I have heard that before through some friends who work in TV for a local national network affiliate.

Good deal that Spirit gets to fly. I guess they figured out a way to setup the skycam to not interfere with Spirit because the skycam is a big part of the Full Circle coverage and they only do the Full Circle for what the consider a very, very big game. I think the FSU/Miami game was the only other time they have did this so far and it was a Monday Night game. If ESPN is going to sacrifice showing a second and third game that would show on ESPN2 and ESPN U on a Saturday night, then it really surprises me they are going to do it with our game. Maybe all our griping has paid off and the are trying to make amends. <_< According to the first link, we will either be competing with Michigan/Penn St. or Arizona St./USC on ESPNs other station, ABC.

Here is the link for the official ESPN schedule which confirms it. Just click the date and scroll.

ESPN TV schedule

I like the exposure.. but I also like the ability to watch all the other games during commercials and halftime. =D The joys of Saturday. BTW, Do you guys think anything changes if Florida loses? I believe they will get beat, but the SEC is crazy. I have faith in Auburn this weekend, especially with Mustain at QB.

Good deal that Spirit gets to fly. I guess they figured out a way to setup the skycam to not interfere with Spirit because the skycam is a big part of the Full Circle coverage and they only do the Full Circle for what the consider a very, very big game. I think the FSU/Miami game was the only other time they have did this so far and it was a Monday Night game. If ESPN is going to sacrifice showing a second and third game that would show on ESPN2 and ESPN U on a Saturday night, then it really surprises me they are going to do it with our game. Maybe all our griping has paid off and the are trying to make amends. <_< According to the first link, we will either be competing with Michigan/Penn St. or Arizona St./USC on ESPNs other station, ABC.

Here is the link for the official ESPN schedule which confirms it. Just click the date and scroll.

ESPN TV schedule

Take a look at who plays that Saturday. Auburn vs Florida is the only matchup between (currently) ranked teams. Considering they have to fill ABC's primetime slot and a couple ABC regional games, the cupboard is bare as far as quality games. They'd rather have an excuse to hype one game than try to put on an apparent blowout on ESPN2.

ESPN TV schedule

Take a look at who plays that Saturday. Auburn vs Florida is the only matchup between (currently) ranked teams. Considering they have to fill ABC's primetime slot and a couple ABC regional games, the cupboard is bare as far as quality games. They'd rather have an excuse to hype one game than try to put on an apparent blowout on ESPN2.

Regardless, there have been down weeks before when they did not do the Full Circle thing. No matter who they get to play on those other two channels, they still would have the ratings from the supporters of those teams during the whole game. Instead, they have chosen to out one game on all ESPN channels. Unless there is a way for every AU and Florida fan to watch all the channels at once, they will be sacrificing possibly better ratings for two other football games for the sake of one. Just look at the two games scheduled for ABC that night. Apparently they are going to be regional and then the other available on ESPN Gameplan. They could have easily chosen to show one of those games on ESPN2 or ESPNU and brought in better ratings then our Full Circle game.

Archived