Tre Smith Vents

LegalEagle

Thank you. I'm glad we now have the definition of what a "Real Fan" is. I guess you are all right and the 50,000 or so who were gone by the end just have no clue what the true meaning of the words "Real fan" is. You've got to be kidding. That same thing would occur in every stadium, pro or college, in every city across America. Fortunately, beatdowns like that do not happen in JH very often. But, I don't recall any of them where the same exodus didn't take place.

Guess what guys, there were literally hundreds of tickets available for free just at the entance I went in the stadium. There were empty seats all around me and it was obvious that we weren't even close to capacity. I guess those that stayed home in the first place aren't "Real fans" either. They have no right to spend their time, money and effort to load up the car, make arrangements for kids, drive sometimes several hours to Auburn displaying their colors and yell like crazy for their alma mater. Just stay home. You've disgraced your University and the players by leaving a beatdown early the week before. All 50K of you.

I love the passion AUE, but I'm not sure I got the point. You didn't go to school at UA per chance? :poke:

I just got a Friday morning call from a Judge. Turned out to be nothing, but you do understand how that will jump start a heart and tighten one's sphincter. As for my point, no disrespect to our fellow members here, but I take exception to being referred to as less than a "Real fan" because I, like about 50,000 others decided to hit the exits before the final gun sounded. Like many others, I've been attending games and supporting this University and this program for most of my 46 years. But, hitting the road early has always happened and WILL always happen in the 4th quarter if the game is out of hand. It doesn't make anybody any less of a fan to leave or any more of a fan to stay. I've done both many times in all those years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a dumb thing for him to say, admittedly, but I, for one, am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant nothing (derogatory about the fans) by it. Take a deep breath, people, and LET IT GO . . .

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT :uf: !!!

I haven't been to an Auburn home game since we played the Idaho Vandals, but I don't see anything in that article that is cause for concern or anything Tre said that was out of line.

Props to whomever said the fans should go back to blue, and furthermore, I'm tired of the "Hard Fight'n Soldiers" and the coming out of the tunnel in locked arms, can't they come out with a little fire?

Thank you. I'm glad we now have the definition of what a "Real Fan" is. I guess you are all right and the 50,000 or so who were gone by the end just have no clue what the true meaning of the words "Real fan" is. You've got to be kidding. That same thing would occur in every stadium, pro or college, in every city across America. Fortunately, beatdowns like that do not happen in JH very often. But, I don't recall any of them where the same exodus didn't take place.

Guess what guys, there were literally hundreds of tickets available for free just at the entance I went in the stadium. There were empty seats all around me and it was obvious that we weren't even close to capacity. I guess those that stayed home in the first place aren't "Real fans" either. They have no right to spend their time, money and effort to load up the car, make arrangements for kids, drive sometimes several hours to Auburn displaying their colors and yell like crazy for their alma mater. Just stay home. You've disgraced your University and the players by leaving a beatdown early the week before. All 50K of you.

I love the passion AUE, but I'm not sure I got the point. You didn't go to school at UA per chance? :poke:

I just got a Friday morning call from a Judge. Turned out to be nothing, but you do understand how that will jump start a heart and tighten one's sphincter. As for my point, no disrespect to our fellow members here, but I take exception to being referred to as less than a "Real fan" because I, like about 50,000 others decided to hit the exits before the final gun sounded. Like many others, I've been attending games and supporting this University and this program for most of my 46 years. But, hitting the road early has always happened and WILL always happen in the 4th quarter if the game is out of hand. It doesn't make anybody any less of a fan to leave or any more of a fan to stay. I've done both many times in all those years.

What kind of Law do you practice? Pretty lazy friday at the firm that I work at in Northern Virginia.

.... As for my point, no disrespect to our fellow members here, but I take exception to being referred to as less than a "Real fan" because I, like about 50,000 others decided to hit the exits before the final gun sounded. Like many others, I've been attending games and supporting this University and this program for most of my 46 years. But, hitting the road early has always happened and WILL always happen in the 4th quarter if the game is out of hand. It doesn't make anybody any less of a fan to leave or any more of a fan to stay. I've done both many times in all those years.

Call me an idealist, but I think Auburn should be different.

It doesn't make you less of a "real fan" if you leave early because you have places to be, babysitters to pay, paperwork to do, etc. I lived in KY for two years and drove 7.5 hours for each game I could make it to. I know why people feel the urge to leave early. However, I now have the luxury of living in Auburn.

BUT, when AU has done nothing but win for the last 3 years of SEC play at home, and we get drubbed by Arkansas, I would've liked to have heard some word of praise still ring down for the players.

"It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" isn't about victory. Its about supporting those kids that fought to bring you some happiness and pride on the football field.. If they didn't, there's no sense in kicking them while they're down.

We pay money for our tickets to be entertained. Yes that's true. So does every football fan.

What makes Auburn fans different? THATs what I am trying to get at. That's what separates you from the Bammers, the Dawgs, and the Toonces. Lets never forget that.

What kind of Law do you practice? Pretty lazy friday at the firm that I work at in Northern Virginia.

AUE represents the rich, the elite, those with low moral gravity.

I represent the poor, the downtrodden, those with low moral gravity.

The difference is that AUE can afford to travel to the games and get hundreds of free tickets at the game so no one will sit near him. I, on the other hand, have to stay home, watch TV and save to pay the cable bill. :roflol:

.... As for my point, no disrespect to our fellow members here, but I take exception to being referred to as less than a "Real fan" because I, like about 50,000 others decided to hit the exits before the final gun sounded. Like many others, I've been attending games and supporting this University and this program for most of my 46 years. But, hitting the road early has always happened and WILL always happen in the 4th quarter if the game is out of hand. It doesn't make anybody any less of a fan to leave or any more of a fan to stay. I've done both many times in all those years.

Call me an idealist, but I think Auburn should be different.

It doesn't make you less of a "real fan" if you leave early because you have places to be, babysitters to pay, paperwork to do, etc. I lived in KY for two years and drove 7.5 hours for each game I could make it to. I know why people feel the urge to leave early. However, I now have the luxury of living in Auburn.

BUT, when AU has done nothing but win for the last 3 years of SEC play at home, and we get drubbed by Arkansas, I would've liked to have heard some word of praise still ring down for the players.

"It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" isn't about victory. Its about supporting those kids that fought to bring you some happiness and pride on the football field.. If they didn't, there's no sense in kicking them while they're down.

We pay money for our tickets to be entertained. Yes that's true. So does every football fan.

What makes Auburn fans different? THATs what I am trying to get at. That's what separates you from the Bammers, the Dawgs, and the Toonces. Lets never forget that.

Great post Rainman. I agree, but Tre's statement made me realize that this line of reason works in both directions. Fans shouldn't diss the players, and players shouldn't diss the fans.

Had Tre said, "I was dissapointed in our play last weekend, and equally disappointed that our fans left early. I want to assure the fans that we are working as hard as we can to win this coming Saturday, and would ask the fans to stay with us in Jordan-Hare until the final horn sounds, win or lose," I think his point would have been well taken and received.

AUE represents the rich, the elite, those with low moral gravity.

I represent the poor, the downtrodden, those with low moral gravity.

The difference is that AUE can afford to travel to the games and get hundreds of free tickets at the game so no one will sit near him. I, on the other hand, have to stay home, watch TV and save to pay the cable bill. :roflol:

Haha. Good to hear that not ALL AU grads turned attorneys are morally compromised.

I leave early during games, does that make me a lesser fan than most of you here?

Get over yourself. We pay for the season ticket. We buy AU merchandise. We are all REAL fans. Funny how the worthiness of a "fan" is based on how long he/she stays for a game.

Another sad attempt to link the loss of the game to the "fans".

The only player I called out, deserved it. I don't think I need to mention names. I have had very little problems with the coaching staff. I credit our loss last weekend, and near loss against SC to a team with some very young players, who, in time, will learn much more in years to come and improve their game tremendously. Don't you dare call me a fairweather fan, though. I am simply criticizing him for such an ill-advised statement. You don't hear Kenny running his mouth to the media about the fans, you don't hear Brandon doing it. If anything, the only thing I hear from other players about the fans are praises.

Who are you to call out a player? I'm pretty sure the only ones with that right are the coaches. You're getting your panties in a wad over nothing. Go back and re-read his comments. How about actually reading the article? Tre didn't call out any fans. He simply said that fans don't know what goes on other than the actual game. Do you know what goes on inside the closed practices, inside the weight room, at the team meetings, in their personal interactions and lives? Unless you're Eddie Gran in disguise, I don't think so. He went on to say he didn't blame them for leaving, and he'd do the same thing. How is that a knock on the fans, or a personal assault on you (which would give you the right to say something back - not on a public forum though)?

Belive it or not, they are just out there for our entertainment. If its anything else, we've got problems. I love AU football through and through, but I don't let it directly affect my life. I view AU football as a wonderful thing not many get to experience, and I'm fortunate and blessed enough to have the opportunity to experience. When they lose, have a bad day, or whatever, yeah, I get down a little, but life goes on. Honestly, this is one area that seperates us from the other fanbase in the state. When we lose, we don't go home, shoot at our sons, and kick our dogs.

He was also right about football being part of their lives. I don't know if you ever played or not, but football was 100% integrated into my life when I played. I took it more than just a sport for fun. Look a little deeper and a ton of life lessons are there to be learned. Many of these kids are seeking to go into athletic careers. The longer they're with this team, the more they learn and experience. Tre might not go into the NFL, but he could be coaching, training, consulting, or whatever. Football is a part of his life, its entertainment for us (albeit, very serious entertainment).

You really need to take a step back, look at the big picture, and read his comments over. I think your attitude will change.

Let Tre say what he wants. It's his right.

If you don't like then go to a game (not just the big ones, but the ones we should win big) and stay to the end.

Support the guys anytime you can is what I say.

I remember one of the worst games I ever saw Auburn play was in the mid 90's against Miss State. I think State shut us out that day if I remember correctly. What made me more upset than getting beat was Auburn was never in the game and never looked as if they cared about being in the game.

It was a horrible day and even with the team sucking wind I sat there till the end with my dad. One day when my dad passes on I'll probably remember that moment among many others.

Anyone else here at that game?

WDE,

Michael

1997 Miss State. we absolutely stunk that day. have no idea why. i think we got beat 20-0. that was one of the worst offensive performances i have ever witnessed by us at JH.

and i think you're right, we never really looked 'into' the game. sitting in the stands last saturday made me think of that MSU game too. i hope our boys can get back on track tomorrow nite. i'll be driving down from knoxville in a couple hours. BEAT FLORIDA!

It was a horrible day and even with the team sucking wind I sat there till the end with my dad. One day when my dad passes on I'll probably remember that moment among many others.

You are correct. My father was always a huge bama fan when I was growing up. When I was old enough to realize the brainwashing that was going on, I of course stepped over to teh good side :poke: . But, I managed to get him a ticket to the 04 lsu game and we went and had a great time. He said it was the best game he had ever been to and was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. After he passed last November, I realized that those times will never be had again, and just how special they were. :thumbsup:

You are correct. My father was always a huge bama fan when I was growing up. When I was old enough to realize the brainwashing that was going on, I of course stepped over to teh good side :poke: . But, I managed to get him a ticket to the 04 lsu game and we went and had a great time. He said it was the best game he had ever been to and was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. After he passed last November, I realized that those times will never be had again, and just how special they were. :thumbsup:

What a great post. Further proves football is much more than just 22 guys on a field at one time going at each other. These games, events that we look so forward to create a wealth of memories for all of us fans.

WDE,

Michael

I remember one of the worst games I ever saw Auburn play was in the mid 90's against Miss State. I think State shut us out that day if I remember correctly. What made me more upset than getting beat was Auburn was never in the game and never looked as if they cared about being in the game.

Anyone else here at that game?

WDE,

Michael

1997 Miss State. we absolutely stunk that day. have no idea why. i think we got beat 20-0. that was one of the worst offensive performances i have ever witnessed by us at JH.

and i think you're right, we never really looked 'into' the game. sitting in the stands last saturday made me think of that MSU game too. i hope our boys can get back on track tomorrow nite. i'll be driving down from knoxville in a couple hours. BEAT FLORIDA!

On a side note to that MSU debacle, I'll never forget that as the day I said enough is enough with Terry Bowden. His quote in the Sunday paper was that he intentionally did not run the ball against MSU because he didn't want to show Georgia what they had. Now, they did actually go to UGA the next week and kick some butt: however, I believe MSU is an SEC team too and it counts just as much as UGA. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I'll concede one point concerning this particular game and leaving early. Given the past 2 & 1/2 years that this team has provided for it's fan base, it may have been more appropriate for more of us to stick it out and let em' hear us tell them it's great to be an Auburn Tiger. I usually do stay until the end, good or bad. I left with about 7-8 minutes left this past Saturday, not out of disgust, but because of commitments almost 3 hours away. And I'd like to think we are different from most fans and hope we are in a lot of ways that really count. But I say again, in the majority of games where we are down by 3+ scores late and have shown no signs of life the entire game...a lot of folks are simply going to hit the exits. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

If I remember right, that was the first time in a looooooooooooong time Auburn had gotten shut out.

That was back with the other team came out from the Student section side of the field. The MSU players were having a bit of fun making of the goose egg they put up on Auburn.

Mod Edit. Watch the player bashing.

I have never left a game early when Auburn was down. I stomached the 23-0 thrashing from USC. I had to live through the nightmare of Georgia Tech in 05. Now I have to admit if I was there against the hogs I would have left early in the third quarter. That was right around the time I turned off the TV in absolute disquest. I do not mind loosing a game because we did not play well. However to get absolutely stomped in the ground because our coaches did not have our team ready and the players quit trying on the field, is completley unacceptable. I appreciate what football players go through. I was once an athlete and football is really 365 days a year. It is hard training and strict dieting. I never quit. When we were getting beat in high school it just made me mad and I played that much harder. I hated to loose and I did everything in my power to make sure that we didn't. What happened last Sat was dispictable and should have never I mean never have happened.

The whole leaving early deal.....has nobody scanning this thread ever followed a really sorry Middle School/JV/Freshmen/High School team like a 0-9 team???

The true fans follow the team because they suport the team and care about the kids on the team. Can you imagine a dad or grandfather walking out on his son/grandson's JV game because his son/grandson's team was losing? If anything, the dad/grandfather is going to watch every down to the last play, just to see who gets in the game to play and how the kids handle defeat.

The whole leaving early deal.....has nobody scanning this thread ever followed a really sorry Middle School/JV/Freshmen/High School team like a 0-9 team???

The true fans follow the team because they suport the team and care about the kids on the team. Can you imagine a dad or grandfather walking out on his son/grandson's JV game because his son/grandson's team was losing? If anything, the dad/grandfather is going to watch every down to the last play, just to see who gets in the game to play and how the kids handle defeat.

I'm not related to any of these guys....as far as I know. B)

Honestly I don't care what Tre Smith thinks. Mod Edit..watch the player bashing him of ALL of the players I don't think should come out and criticize the Auburn fans. It would have meant more from me coming from a REAL starter, not Tre "johnny showboat" Smith....

just my opinion

Did the ones of you attacking Tre actually read his comments?

He didn't attack anyone, he said he would do the same thing yet some here choose to use the opportunity to attack the guy. Shameful!

Well I must say I agree with Trey 100% and I am pretty sure he has forgotten a whole lot more about the game of football than we will know in a lifetime. I wonder how many of you Trey bashers out there were good enough to play at Div-1 school. So when you start bashing Trey just remember what you do on a daily basis compared to what him and the rest of the players do. Set behind a computer and B) play armchair QB or your NCAA 07 while him and the rest of the team is out there doing the real thing. I must say though that his comments as true as they are would probably have been better kept to himself.

I'm not related to any of these guys....as far as I know. B)

Not by blood but as a fan of Auburn you are.

I hate to leave any event early because I want to beat the traffic. If I make the effort to drive to the game, buy a ticket, buy over priced food and sweat or freeze my tail off I should at least see the whole thing.

With that said I have to admit leaving early(started walking to the exit with less than 5 minutes to go) when Bama last beat us 31-7 at JH. Actually I had to leave or I was going to have to stuff one of bama's band members drums thru a tuba. You see my tickets were in the middle of the Bama section and they had just played that Yella Hamma ramma lama ding dong song for the 45th time.

Other than that I have always stayed to the bitter end no matter who is winning.

P.S. in the early 90's a lot of Auburn fans left a game against LSU early only to miss a great comeback in the interception game.

Honestly I don't care what Tre Smith thinks. Mod Edit..watch the player bashing him of ALL of the players I don't think should come out and criticize the Auburn fans. It would have meant more from me coming from a REAL starter, not Tre "johnny showboat" Smith....

just my opinion

Tre is NOT criticizing fans!

Can you people read???

For those of you that choose to bash Trey Smith, first you need to cool it. Secondly, you need to read the article a little more carefully and quit trying to see what you want to see or quit going by what you have seen others post already. The kid was not bashing fans. He was actually not blaming fans for leaving early because of the way the team was playing.

Archived