Tristan Davis

PowerI

I heard that Brad Lester will be questionable for the game saturday and that if he doesn't play that Carl Stewart and Tre Smith will play a larger role. I think we are in trouble if Lester does not play. First of all, I love Tre Smith to death, just because of the 02 bammer game, but I don't think we can rely on him to relieve Kenny Irons. I know that Carl Stewart is a good kid and does the best that he can, but he just doesn't have the speed and does not hit the holes fast enough. We might as well put a lineman back their. I don't understand why Tuberville is so stubborn and won't put Tristan Davis back their some. I know he's played a little at safety this year, but not that much. He's used more on special teams. He did great last year, and he's proved that he can block, (see Castille on his but in the 05 Iron Bowl) and he's a good runner. It just seems that we're not using all the weapons that we have.

I too am frustrated by CTT not using TD in the RB rotation. He is greased lightning with the ball in his hands. I mean come on if you see someone with that kind of ability USE IT. We got WAXED by a more physical Arky team and all day the run up the middle was USELESS. My thought at that time was send BL around the end.. We did that one time and he picked up about 10 yards. So for the rest of the game we never saw that play again. I have NO COACHING EXP but darn man! We have a rep for sitting guys that can break games open. 03 RB sat while we got waxed by USC and he also had 4 carries for 27 yards. I had a great feeling about this game earlier in the week but am fearing the worst right now. This is due mostly to Tre's comments. He may be right but dont look for someone to blame accept the fact that the fans had to leave due to the smell of toasted A** . Ever since I read that I have felt almost sick!!!! We need to accept the fact that this team is not playing with one mission and one heart. Even in 03 did you ever hear RB, CW or JC say some crap like that?

Please tiger fans understand that I am worried sick Fla has a way of kicking us when we are down and I dont want anything to do with that. We need TD to touch the ball if BL is out he can take it to the house from ANYWHERE!! I do also hope that the rest of the team doesnt feel like Tre though! OMG I cant take it lets GET IT ONNN

We've only seen Tristan in situations that dont really qualify as a ,"test." Sure, 20+ ypc is an awesome feat for the amount of carries he has received, but look at a similar situation... Ben Tate. What was his ypc the last time he played? What was the competition?

Its all the same. The coaches really do know best and I trust their judgement.

It would sort of stand to reason that Tristan's speed would match up well with FL's O. I think we will see him at safety this week giving deep third help on their wideouts. I think its more important that he be there to take away their big plays on offense. We need to find another playmaker to provide a spark to our O.

I too am frustrated by CTT not using TD in the RB rotation. He is greased lightning with the ball in his hands. I mean come on if you see someone with that kind of ability USE IT. We got WAXED by a more physical Arky team and all day the run up the middle was USELESS. My thought at that time was send BL around the end.. We did that one time and he picked up about 10 yards. So for the rest of the game we never saw that play again. I have NO COACHING EXP but darn man! We have a rep for sitting guys that can break games open. 03 RB sat while we got waxed by USC and he also had 4 carries for 27 yards. I had a great feeling about this game earlier in the week but am fearing the worst right now. This is due mostly to Tre's comments. He may be right but dont look for someone to blame accept the fact that the fans had to leave due to the smell of toasted A** . Ever since I read that I have felt almost sick!!!! We need to accept the fact that this team is not playing with one mission and one heart. Even in 03 did you ever hear RB, CW or JC say some crap like that?

Please tiger fans understand that I am worried sick Fla has a way of kicking us when we are down and I dont want anything to do with that. We need TD to touch the ball if BL is out he can take it to the house from ANYWHERE!! I do also hope that the rest of the team doesnt feel like Tre though! OMG I cant take it lets GET IT ONNN

I remember Bret Eddins saying something very similar in 03 after the USC game.

I dont remember that but you could be right. point is we come to support it is up to them to keep us there. Like I said alot of the people there were in shock and couldnt understand what they were seeing. I was on my couch and never even changed the chanel I could help but think we were at least going to make a game of it. But the people in the seats should not carry that much wheight with the team. i mean did they have 10000 people in the stands at their HS games maybe but that still should not determin the poutcome. And that begs the question so what was the teams problem when there 85000 at the begining of the game?? Anyway lets beat FLA. From what i have seen there is a lot of back patting going on in gainsville and it feels realy similar to the 04 Tenn game. 2 QBS both great great system all this so i hope we show up and drop em like a right to the jaw from Tyson!!! Hint, hint TRAY KNOCK SOMONE THE HE77 OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

He fumbled the ball too much in practice when Davis was at RB.

That's the classic DB label. If help at RB is needed, AU needs to look no further than Ben Tate. The redshirt has been burned so, they might as well use him to the fullest.

That's the classic DB label. If help at RB is needed, AU needs to look no further than Ben Tate. The redshirt has been burned so, they might as well use him to the fullest.

Ben Tate is headed for a Medical redshirt unless Irons is out. There is till a strong possibility Tristan could be used on a few isolated plays on offense. (Reverse from the WR position)

Ben Tate is headed for a Medical redshirt unless Irons is out. There is till a strong possibility Tristan could be used on a few isolated plays on offense. (Reverse from the WR position)

I must have missed his injury. What's the problem with Tate?

I must have missed his injury. What's the problem with Tate?

This is a classic loophole that coaches have used for years. The kid gets a little playing time and the coach gets to see if he can do without him. It would be great if he could redshirt, but with Kenny and Brad playing at less than full speed, we may need him down the road. We are now two plays away from having to rely on Tre Smith to carry the load. He is good in situations, but I don't think he can be the go to guy.

Back to Tristan Davis..

He needs to be our returner from now on. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

Totally agree. He was sett o take it all the way every time he touches the ball.

Back to Tristan Davis..

He needs to be our returner from now on. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

Totally agree. He was sett o take it all the way every time he touches the ball.

Didn't fumble it once either. I have been telling folks for weeks that we need to find a way to get the ball in his hands a few times on offense. Kid can run with the ball.

With TD in the back, he brought instant life to the special team. I am not suggesting he's the next Reggie Bush, but seeing him tonight gave me so much confidence that he could easily break one and make the reservation for six.

Gosh, what a game, what a game. My throat still hurts.

Archived