irons brothers gator chomp

kellyaub90

Did anyone notice after the game when Kenny and David Irons went over by themselves and stood in front of the Florida section in the corner and did the "gator chomp" at the fans? I guess I'm just old school, but I thought it was pretty classless and I wish they hadn't done it. I have no problem w/ our players celebrating w/ our fans, but when they go over in front of the visitors and act like that, it's a little too "miami" for my taste.....there, I feel better

Did you notice before the game the group of about 15 gators coming to the front of our student section doing the gator chomp?

I'll take 2 Irons brothers doing that any day.

Did you notice before the game the group of about 15 gators coming to the front of our student section doing the gator chomp?

I'll take 2 Irons brothers doing that any day.

I definitely saw that. It reminded me of 93 when they came in and after their entrance to the field, one UF player walked out toward midfield and kneeled down, looking at the Auburn players. He did some swiping motion across the field as if to say, "This is our house now." I thought the same thing when those guys walked down to AU's student section, acting like Tupac.

Yes...about 10-15 Gators did that to the student section before the game. Classless to me is a lot worse than taunting a team's fans with their own gestures. It's freakin' college football and we won....let our kids enjoy the moment. It's not like they flicked off the UFL fans and told them to kiss their a##.

Did anyone notice after the game when Kenny and David Irons went over by themselves and stood in front of the Florida section in the corner and did the "gator chomp" at the fans? I guess I'm just old school, but I thought it was pretty classless and I wish they hadn't done it. I have no problem w/ our players celebrating w/ our fans, but when they go over in front of the visitors and act like that, it's a little too "miami" for my taste.....there, I feel better

Mod edit. Watch the namecalling. If you disagree with the post, then just give your reason. Simply responding with playground bs is not tolerated.

R12

Really? You think doing the Gator chomp looks just like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

I'd like to very much disagree...I've never seen either Irons bodyslam someone or try to cleat someone while they're on the ground. Let our boys celebrate a huge win. They're 20 year old men not vulcans

first post here, War Eagle.

on the topic of "classlessness" by our players and fans, you obviously were NOT at the game. florida came out of the tunnel and cut our band in half during pregame so that they couldn't get back to the student section, then ran over to us in the student section to chomp and give us a bunch of throat cutting motions and "number 1" crap. anything we did afterward was payback, and it was most certainly called for.

I disagree with about everybody in this thread. I was in the student section, and believe me, what the Florida players did pissed me off to no end. Their fans are also the most arrogant fans I have ever encountered before a game.

However, that does not make it ok for us to do the same thing after we win. I would hope Auburn fans would want to represent ourselves well and treat our opponents with class, even when they do not do the same.

i'll be sure to wear a tuxedo to the next game and only golf clap so as not to offend anyone and uphold our class. it's all about emotion. half the time everything that comes out of my mouth is just a knee-jerk reaction to what's happening on the field, and the hate was running REAL high after the way florida acted before and during the game. this attitude like we aren't allowed to do anything mischievious or have any fun at the expense of a bunch of floritards that totally asked for it is ridiculous. cry me a river.

I am glad to have KI and DI. If any of you really have a problem with them, why don't you tell them instead of whinning about it on the internet. They aren't hard to find on campus. Mod Edit. Watch the namecalling. Be able to disagree without feeling the need to attack personally.

I've talked to David numerous times on campus. He's in Haley on the 3rd floor near the education office quite a bit. I never said I didn't like him or his passion for the game.

He's a great guy that is fun to talk to and more than willing to take time out to talk to fan and stuff. That being said, if I talk to him in the next week I will mention something about the Gator chomp probably being unneccesary. I won't be mean about it, but joke around about how it was probably a bit over the top and gave them some fire for next year when his teamates have to travel to gainsville.

on the topic of "classlessness" by our players and fans, you obviously were NOT at the game. florida came out of the tunnel and cut our band in half during pregame so that they couldn't get back to the student section, then ran over to us in the student section to chomp and give us a bunch of throat cutting motions and "number 1" crap. anything we did afterward was payback, and it was most certainly called for.

We gave them the best payback possible ... 27-17. Responding to a classless act with a classless act is never appropriate for AU people.

I've talked to David numerous times on campus. He's in Haley on the 3rd floor near the education office quite a bit. I never said I didn't like him or his passion for the game.

He's a great guy that is fun to talk to and more than willing to take time out to talk to fan and stuff. That being said, if I talk to him in the next week I will mention something about the Gator chomp probably being unneccesary. I won't be mean about it, but joke around about how it was probably a bit over the top and gave them some fire for next year when his teamates have to travel to gainsville.

So you are ok with it now? If not, tell him without joking.

'Ol David wasn't doing the gator chomp when Percy Harvin made him look like Ned and the first reader out there, now did he? He gets it from his Pappy I guess.

We gave them the best payback possible ... 27-17. Responding to a classless act with a classless act is never appropriate for AU people.

you're overreacting. plain and simple.

Bama fans are making a big deal out of Prechae doing the Gator thing followed by the throat slash during Tiger Walk.

I'm disappointed in AU players doing that. It's not the way I want them to carry themselves. I hope he is disciplined for it.

It makes me physically ill to see Bama players -- Simpson being the prime offender -- doing that throat slashing thing after they've scraped by another team. It shows an utter lack of class. It's definitely something I never want to see AU players do. And particularly not BEFORE the game even starts. Leave that kind of stuff to the fans.

I agree I thought it was a less than classy things to do. But do 20 year old kids do stupid things when influenced by emotion. YES. I'm not condoning, in any way, and I think Tommy will have something to say to him. I think teams are a reflection of their coaches, and I expect a lot from Auburn fans and players as for how they conduct themselves. I did a few gator chomps of my own and I'm a grown man in the stands. I'd had enough of Florida fans disrespect and classlessness. It was stupid to repay one for the other. I was quite upset with some of their fans chanting "boring" during the playing of our alma mater, and few of their fans stood.

I think we need to be careful making excuses for players doing stupid things however. I just got finished reading some Miami fan's responses to their brawl on their board and it appalled me how many were ok with what happened. I pray neither our program, nor Alabama's stoop to that level. Both schools represent our state on a national level.

You want class? How about the Gator fans in RVs emptying their black water tanks in the coliseum parking lot in the 1980s after we beat them?

Bama fans are making a big deal out of Prechae doing the Gator thing followed by the throat slash during Tiger Walk.

if the turd fans would go to their own team's game and not try to prove what huge bammer fans they are by coming to auburn games, they wouldnt see what we do in tiger walk. what i'd like to know is, why do they think we give a damn about anything they think about auburn, what we do in tiger walk, before, during or after our games, the price of tea in china or any thing else for that matter. i say squeeze all the bammers together and F 'em all at the same time. every last damn one of them.

i most certainly WAS at the game and have been at every home game for 20 years. i didn't see the gator players go down to the student section, but even if they did, we need to represent ourselves with a little more class.

Archived