What in the world has happened to UGA

jwise0022

The biggest dissapointment this season has to be the Georgia Bulldogs. Highly regarded coming into the season, they have looked like a totally different team than in years prior. For some reason this has not gotten much coverage. UGA has had a top 5 recruiting class for the last 5 years, and yet they have managed to lose to Vandy and UK in the same season. I know they have had trouble at quarterback, but that doesn't explain the receivers inability to catch the ball, the defenses lack of well...defense, and the special teams inconsistency. On top of that, the running back trio has struggled to get going against anyone. I find it difficult to believe that one of the most succesful programs as of late that is struggling so terribly this season, has gotten virtually no coverage. The story last season was Michigan and Tennessee being as bad as they were, and yet, I think UGA is worse than they were last season.

Why do I think they have been so bad this season? Because in the past, players who committed off the field offenses were not punished. The team has turned into Florida St. I will take 25 3 star players with good character over 25 5 star players who think they can get away with anything. That is why I think Coach Tubs should get a lot of credit for sticking to his punishments this season. If we are going to have 5 star players at Auburn, they are going to have to commit to the same standard of conduct as all of the lessor know athletes.

While I haven't been greatly impressed by Auburn this season, I am pleased because we continue to improve season after season. UGA seams to be headed in the wrong direction.

Well, jwiser, I would not write off Coach Mark Richt just yet. They have problems, no doubt. Let's just hope they do not solve them all THIS week.

They are just a young team. Thats all.

This statement is reserved for all things Bama this year. :roflol:

No. Actually, Probation is still killing us, Shula has brain damage, blah blah blah steakhouse blah blah blah.

Two big factors are (1) the offensive line is young and has no depth and (2) the place-kicker was injured 3-4 weeks ago and is out for the season.

I think the running backs are decent, no NFL prospects, but as a group they are better than what half the teams in the SEC have. The offensive line hasn't been opening any holes against SEC defenses though.

Georgia has also had a lot of early defections to the NFL. It's hard to develop leadership and depth that way.

Richt has really blown the QB situation though. Any one of them is good enough to start, but the offensive line has been so bad that the young QBs have to do too much and don't have much time to throw the ball. Georgia has been throwing a lot of passes to the RB coming out of the backfield; that is the only way they can give the RBs a chance to get down field.

I expect Auburn to shut down the run and force the QB to throw downfield. That's when the Georgia QB will be introduced to Mr. Blackmon and the lovely grass of Pat Dye field.

The Georgia defense is pretty good, especially the defensive ends. They are really fast.

It won't be a cakewalk, but Auburn should win this game, especially if the Auburn offensive line continues to improve and protects Brandon Cox from those defensive ends.

It's really one of those years that one bad thing just comes after another.

I think that really just says it all.

I don't think for one second we are lacking in talent, speed, or bodies in most positions.

But, it seems that when one thing clicks...the other doesn't.

In the first half v. UT...we looked solid....in the second half....we looked terrible in every facet except special teams.

Against MSU, Stafford had a really average game yet had 2 TD's dropped by WR's....ended up scoring 0 points on those 2 drives.

Against Vandy and UK, we had plenty of chances of just getting ahead by a solid margain yet the OL, WR, or Stafford would just screw it up.

Against UF, we almost came back yet Martez Milner, whom I hope never-ever-ever plays another game for UGA, drops 4 balls right in the hands. Pathetic.

The OL won't be good next year but it won't be terrible.

I look for UGA to rebound and win 9 games next year. Nothing more, Nothing less, imo.

We are struggling to find leaders on this team. The sad yet good thing is...the young guys are the ones who are coming out of the woodwork to put the team up these days.

Our senior class should be ashamed for such a pathetic display of senior leadership.

Richt has really had no control over the bad luck that UGA has run into and should not by any means be held responsible.

Richt is directly responsible and should be held to the fire for this year.

He fudged around with the QB position in the pre-season and first few games.

He has put any senior leadership into the seniors

He has made Stafford WIN several games when the RB's could have done it by themselves.

Not his fault? Pulease....it is very much his fault.

Richt has really had no control over the bad luck that UGA has run into and should not by any means be held responsible.

He has made Stafford WIN several games when the RB's could have done it by themselves.

So are you going to take after Bammers and hang your coach?

If this happens in 2007, probably

I don't like this "free pass" crap

6 years into your HC term at UGA, seasons like this are NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. Lose to USC, AU, UT, UF? Can live with that....Vandy? UK? MSU? OM? No....

He better fix things quickly or else his hanging will come in 2 years

Gotta give SLink credit for telling the facts as he sees them. Many other fans would come up with any excuse for such a bad season. Obviously a season this bad is an abaration for UGA, but it does say a lot about what is going on in the locker room. I agree with the poster above who said that early entries into the draft has hurt this team. There hasn't been time to cultivate any leaders because most of the guys that go to UGA are looking to make the jump as soon as possible. I think that is what benefits Auburn. We don't have a TON of talent coming out of high school, and the players know it. They are trying to get drafted so they work there tails off. When it comes time to be a senior, they really want to prove that all of their hard work paid off. UGA will be back, but you all gotta admit this has been a horrible year for them.

honestly southlink, imo i year guys were blessed with 2 of the greatest college quarterbacks in the last few years and they found ways to win. Greene and Shockley were very special players and i think they overcame a lot of the problems that are now coming out.

with their ability to score it put presure on the others teams to score also. this created turnovers and allowed the defense to be much more aggresive. if they gave up a big play, the offense had no trouble coming right back scoring. this year, it seems that the team must win being scared on both sides of the ball. dont take it as an insult, just imo. i havent seen as much of you guys play as i would of liked so i could be way off

When Brian Van Gorder left, he took the "attitude" away from our D

Our D doesn't suffer from lack of talent, speed, or depth. It suffers from that "knack" of making plays.

When it counts, we suck. It is why Vandy and UK marked down the fields in the 4th Q against us.

Not much is different scheme wise.

The only thing that I dont like is that this is the same talk we heard before the Ark game. I hope our team doesnt pay attention to the paper and more attention to the themselves and get it going this game!!!!!

And I do agree with SLINK Richt should not have these issues this far in to his tenure. they were the SEC champs last year. Wa happen??? graduation hurts us all but like TT you must prepare for the future NOW!! No reason to look like they have even a freshman QB should whip Vandy and UK! And the RBs they have are juniors and seniors they should be able to beat Vandy and UK!

Don't worry. They'll be back. Very Young QB has not developed yet and does not yet hold the leadership. Not to mention at all of the injuries. They have not played as one and there has not been enough time for them to get in sync. Give them two years and they will be back competing for the SEC.

Don't worry. They'll be back. Very Young QB has not developed yet and does not yet hold the leadership. Not to mention at all of the injuries. They have not played as one and there has not been enough time for them to get in sync. Give them two years and they will be back competing for the SEC.

I'd be more than happy to give the Dawgs 2 years to get "back." Don't think the UGA fans are going to be quite as understanding, though.

They are just a young team. Thats all.

This statement is reserved for all things Bama this year. :roflol:

No. Actually, Probation is still killing us, Shula has brain damage, blah blah blah steakhouse blah blah blah.

You left out that Three Name is lame.

Archived