Chizik's first year as DC.

DKW 86

2002 Finished 8-4 while starting Dansby and Williams.

Lost to:

:uf: 30-23

:arky: 38-17

:uga: 24-21

:sc: 24-17

And he turned out to be very good afterwards.

2003 Finished 7-5

Lost to:

:uga: 26-7

:lsu: 31-7

:gt: 17-3

:sc: 23-0

Ole Miss 24-20

Maybe we just need to get more realistic about changing DCs?

I was thinking earlier how much this Muschamp defense seems so much like Chizik's first year, very aggressive but not very smart. I am confident that CTT and Muschamp will turn it around; I am actually more worried about the future of Borges, he offensive scheming has become extremely conservative and predictable this year, I think he has lost the imagination he had his first year.

I have always thought you have to give a coach more the one year. To do other wise smacks of that school on the other side of the state.

A DC or OC needs more then a year to get their type of players recruited for their type of schemes. For Borges to come in and do what he did in his first year was a very rare occurence. But, now we even question him some don't we?

Well with Al the New has worn off... other coaches can now disect our Off Schemes. and we have become predictible with out a mobile QB....we still do not have movement in the o before the snap nor are we showing the 2 back set like we were promised we would return too.. Auburn needs to Revamp the Playbook and show more imagination.

my 2 cents worth...WDE BEAT BAMA (please) ps... FLA SC Tied at 10 in the 4th

Lost to:

2003 Finished 7-5

Lost to:

Ole Miss 24-20

Throw 2003 out. If we had hired a competent OC, the defense would have been able to get off the field once and a while. If not for Chizik and that defense the USC score could have been 70-0. The 2003 defensive unit was the best unit that we have fielded in many years, imho. Again, the defense is a function of the offensive unit.

Lost to:

2003 Finished 7-5

Lost to:

Ole Miss 24-20

Throw 2003 out. If we had hired a competent OC, the defense would have been able to get off the field once and a while. If not for Chizik and that defense the USC score could have been 70-0. The 2003 defensive unit was the best unit that we have fielded in many years, imho. Again, the defense is a function of the offensive unit.

02 wasn't that bad either, aside from the UA game... that was just bad.

-UGA was a great game, we unfortunately didn't come out on top. How many times are 4th down and long plays converted to touchdowns?

-UF went down to the wire, some mistakes on O were made, Caddilac got hurt.

-USC was lost by Fumble Cobb. Frustrating, we should have had them.

Well with Al the New has worn off... other coaches can now disect our Off Schemes. and we have become predictible with out a mobile QB....we still do not have movement in the o before the snap nor are we showing the 2 back set like we were promised we would return too.. Auburn needs to Revamp the Playbook and show more imagination.

my 2 cents worth...WDE BEAT BAMA (please) ps... FLA SC Tied at 10 in the 4th

I didn't figure anyone would listen to you. It's all about execution, don't you know....

T. Tubs has PROVEN repeatedly he has one of the most brilliant DEFENSIVE minds in college football, both in recruiting players and on game day, both when he was a DC and as a HC. Our OC plans & runs the O autonomously, but Tubs is actively involved in our D. There's NO WAY a Tuberville coached team will struggle for long on D. I'm much more concerned about our O and (except our RBs coach) I think the jury's still out on our O coaching staff.

Our OC plans & runs the O autonomously....

So it wasn't Tubs that shut down the O at the end of games the last few years. My bad. It sure looked like it.

Our OC plans & runs the O autonomously....

So it wasn't Tubs that shut down the O at the end of games the last few years. My bad. It sure looked like it.

No doubt ctt reigns in the o from time to time.

I have always thought you have to give a coach more the one year. To do other wise smacks of that school on the other side of the state.

A DC or OC needs more then a year to get their type of players recruited for their type of schemes. For Borges to come in and do what he did in his first year was a very rare occurence. But, now we even question him some don't we?

Yeah how good does that west coast offense look now in the sec.

Yeah how good does that west coast offense look now in the sec.

I'd still take it over UF's gimmick offense that has been pretty unproductive with very good talent.

Archived