A gem from the Atlanta-Journal Constitution

TitanTiger

That's not exactly sparkling considering that his competition evaporated after 2002. Keep in mind, probation hasn't been our only flaw over the past couple of years. Before we had our meltdown (that we should shoulder the blame for, don't misunderstand me), he was 2-6 against us at his current and previous jobs and was within a Bobby Petrino "Yes" of getting canned. Now, all of the suden, he's a God that some of you have admitted that you "wouldn't trade him for any other coach, college or pro, in the nation." I admit that he's built Auburn into a nationally renowned program, but it's foolish to say that he hasn't had some help.

Oh, and why is his year in Toledo convieniently omitted? Because he led them to a 9-2 record in his first year at a school that has had, at best, a mediocre history? Clever.

Here you go WC...

boohoo.jpg

You can cry about probation for the rest of your life. You can take all the credit away from CTT that you want and say "if" "if" "if" and credit our success to your cheating punishment. Every time you feel like doing any of this, just have an icy cold, refreshing drink.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not exactly sparkling considering that his competition evaporated after 2002. Keep in mind, probation hasn't been our only flaw over the past couple of years.

You're right win. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU and Arkansas didn't field teams from 2002 - 2006.

Alabama isn't Auburn's sole competition. In fact, most of those programs have been as good or better than Bama over the last 25 years.

His main competition has been wearing leg irons. You know that.

Alabama, for the most part, has been forced to accept 3 star talent over the past couple of years. Yes, some of them that signed during our dark age did turn out to be great players and have NFL futures. But for the most part, we were getting the kids that an Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU wouldn't touch. Couple that with poor coaching - and it equals 26-23.

The schoolboy is gone and the principal is in. I'm not expecting to win every game, but to say that we don't have a chance of accomplishing what his LSU teams did isn't wise.

You can cry about probation for the rest of your life. You can take all the credit away from CTT that you want and say "if" "if" "if" and credit our success to your cheating punishment. Every time you feel like doing any of this, just have an icy cold, refreshing drink.

And yet they convinently omit the fact that during several of Bryant's best years, Auburn was under the cloud of probation. They ignore the fact that Auburn's probation was fostered by the fact that Bryant was so terrified of a true gentleman and a man of character being able to compete on a level playing field that he routinely ran to the NCAA with tales of Auburn indiscretions while committing more egregious sins himself. When you talk about cowards and liars.... But I digress.

If you want to use probation as an excuse for Auburn's clear-cut dominance, then you must also expunge any Bama wins that occurred when Auburn was on probation.

That's not exactly sparkling considering that his competition evaporated after 2002. Keep in mind, probation hasn't been our only flaw over the past couple of years. Before we had our meltdown (that we should shoulder the blame for, don't misunderstand me), he was 2-6 against us at his current and previous jobs and was within a Bobby Petrino "Yes" of getting canned. Now, all of the suden, he's a God that some of you have admitted that you "wouldn't trade him for any other coach, college or pro, in the nation." I admit that he's built Auburn into a nationally renowned program, but it's foolish to say that he hasn't had some help.

Oh, and why is his year in Toledo convieniently omitted? Because he led them to a 9-2 record in his first year at a school that has had, at best, a mediocre history? Clever.

Here you go WC...

Oh, I'm certainly not crying. The past two days have been awesome.

You do have to admit, we were being forced to take the 2-3 star prospects. And like I told Galen, I do see where a Roman Harper, a Mark Anderson, or DeMeco panned out in the pros. . . but they weren't higly sought after players in HS. For example, DeMeco only received offers from Alabama, UAB, and Miss State. Now? He's the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and the league's 2nd leading tackler.

Now, we're going to start to get the cream of the crop in terms of recruits. Couple solid classes and our new staff's abilities and we're going to win football games. There's no way around it.

Your thoughts were based on your ideas about the 'Bama program and the overall job of the being the UA head coach. I'm sure it had little to do with your perception of him.

What is all this bunk I keep hearing about unrealistic expectations? Yes, we fired a man who had a 6-6 season. Boo hoo. While he had won 10 in '05, he had only won that many in the previous two years. While he had many factors stacked against him, it was obvious that he wasn't the right man. Agree? As for expectations - How are the expectations any different in Tuscaloosa than they are in any other city in the SEC that thinks they can field a competitive team. At Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia, UF, Tennessee, LSU, heck... even Ole Miss, having a 26-23 record and a 1-11 record against your three biggest rivals won't cut it. You know that, sani.

He has everything he needs to win at 'Bama. We no longer have facilities that aren't on par with Prattville High School and less scholarship players. We've gone from the schoolboy to the principal with the coaching move and will start to have success. Win every game? No. Have the success that (gasp!) Auburn has had over the past couple of years? It's very possible.

Every person that I speak to concerning the hire admits that it was a good one and that we'll have success under him. I come on here, where all of you get to hide behind the safe comfort of your computer monitor, and your "not scared", "have a better coach anyway", and "Bama still sux!!!!!1" I'm not the one being fooled.

Have you seen Prattville High School lately? I wouldn't be so sure.

That's not exactly sparkling considering that his competition evaporated after 2002. Keep in mind, probation hasn't been our only flaw over the past couple of years.

You're right win. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU and Arkansas didn't field teams from 2002 - 2006.

Alabama isn't Auburn's sole competition. In fact, most of those programs have been as good or better than Bama over the last 25 years.

His main competition has been wearing leg irons. You know that.

Alabama, for the most part, has been forced to accept 3 star talent over the past couple of years. Yes, some of them that signed during our dark age did turn out to be great players and have NFL futures. But for the most part, we were getting the kids that an Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU wouldn't touch. Couple that with poor coaching - and it equals 26-23.

The schoolboy is gone and the principal is in. I'm not expecting to win every game, but to say that we don't have a chance of accomplishing what his LSU teams did isn't wise.

No, I don't know that at all. Auburn's main competition over the last ten years has NOT been Alabama. You guys are our chief rival, but that is a VERY different thing. Auburn's main competition has been LSU, far more so than Alabama.

Alabama has to accept 3-star talent? What a ridiculous comment. You had fewer scholarships to offer a few years back, but you were not forced to accept lesser quality. You had the opportunity to sign recruits of any "star rating". Alabama was not relegated to standing in line behind other schools and waiting until they were done recruiting before they could choose from what remained. Don't be absurd.

Does Alabama have a chance of repeating his success at LSU? Of course. They also have an equal chance of repeating his success at Miami. There's a chance monkeys could fly out of Jimmy John's butt, too.

What's not wise is to walk around with a rager like you guys have been doing. Doctors say that anything over four hours could be hazardous to your health.

How about this? $aban's first 5 years at LSU vs CTT's first 5 years at Auburn:

$aban: 47-16

Tub: 38-24

$aban: 2 SEC Championships, 1 National Title

Tub: ????

Apples to oranges.

There's NO question that Terry Bowden left nothing for Tuberville to work with. Auburn's starting running back was a 5-6 150-lb receiver. There was no line. The heirarchy was in disarray after the poison of Bill Oliver spread through the building.

In Tuberville's second season he won the SEC-W. Paint that however you want. Tuberville won one NC, one SEC title and played for one more.

Take out the first year for each and you have a different picture.

If nothing else, DiNardo did a good job recruiting. The talent was there for $aban. I hate to break it to you, but Bama isn't LSU. Bama isn't even Auburn any more.

You're in love with the guy. You're man-crushing. You think he's the second (third, fourth, fifth or sixth) coming. Good for you. Far be it from me to inject a dose of humility/reality into your raging fantasies. As I told one of your pals though, you better be careful about waking around with raging fantasies. Doctors say those should last no longer than four hours and you're grooving on four days now.

Apples to oranges.

There's NO question that Terry Bowden left nothing for Tuberville to work with. Auburn's starting running back was a 5-6 150-lb receiver. There was no line. The heirarchy was in disarray after the poison of Bill Oliver spread through the building.

In Tuberville's second season he won the SEC-W. Paint that however you want.

Take out the first year for each and you have a different picture.

If nothing else, DiNardo did a good job recruiting. The talent was there for $aban. I hate to break it to you, but Bama isn't LSU. Bama isn't even Auburn any more.

You're in love with the guy. You're man-crushing. You think he's the second (third, fourth, fifth or sixth) coming. Good for you. Far be it from me to inject a dose of humility/reality into your raging fantasies. As I told one of your pals though, you better be careful about waking around with raging fantasies. Doctors say those should last no longer than four hours and you're grooving on four days now.

LSU had 7 losing seasons out of 10 before $aban got there.

Its funny...AU fans ALWAYS use that excuse that Tub inherited the worst team in the history of college football. You use that excuse more than we used probation.

So 5 years into it...why hadnt CTT even had his first 10 win season yet?

Basically, he was whipping $aban's a$$ during that time.

Yeah he's got 2 SEC Championship rings and a national title during that 5 years.

Tuberville's got: "I went 3-2 against $aban".

Awesome.

Dubose was 2-2 against him.

What does that comparison have to do with anything concerning :ua: ? Absolutely nothing. Please don't tell me and the rest of the good people of this board that $aban is walking into what he had at :lsu: . You people are freaking delusional, even more so than usual.

So, are you suddenly willing to admit that probation is finally over, or will that be determined by the outcome of this years game? Please let us know, that way we can better judge the status of our own program. Obviously we have been tricked into thinking we have a good run going but, according to you suddenly very cocky bammers, it was all due to those poor 3-star castaways that have made up the bammer roster.

Here's a piece of advice for you. Those 3-star castaways will still be on your roster this fall, and even $aint Nick can't change that. That being said, I'd hang on to the excuse for another year at least. It may take the sting off number 6 coming this November.

Tuberville went 3-2 against $aban.

Who's the better coach? I'd say it comes down to head-to-head matchups, right?

No one here fears $aban so why don't you cockroaches scurry away to an Ole Miss board. Maybe they'll be in awe of your payoff.

No one here fears $aban so why don't you cockroaches scurry away to an Ole Miss board. Maybe they'll be in awe of your payoff.

Right you are! Dubose 2-2 vs Tuberville...They must be equal.

Right you are! Dubose 2-2 vs Tuberville...They must be equal.

Dubose had a better record against the wall with his secretary.

Now, we're going to start to get the cream of the crop in terms of recruits. Couple solid classes and our new staff's abilities and we're going to win football games. There's no way around it.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Yep, so easy to just go out and load up on 5-star talent and come out with a loaded roster next year. This is the delusion that everybody laughs at Alabama for. It is not the 70's anymore. Nobody cares who you "were." They care who you "are" and you are not going to top the recruiting of UGA, Auburn, UF, LSU....for a while yet.

Your whole logic is based on having a good team in the 70's, getting off of probation, and hiring a rockstar coach. Wake up!

It doesn't matter what things used to be like....WHY they are the way they are.....or anything else. You have to look at the future, and it's not going to get much better overnight.

Galen is kicking these $puat fans butts with logic in this thread!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Logic is not thier strong point!!!!

Galen is kicking these $puat fans butts with logic in this thread!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Logic is not thier strong point!!!!

Galen doesnt use logic. He uses the ole "because I said so" rule.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Yep, so easy to just go out and load up on 5-star talent and come out with a loaded roster next year. This is the delusion that everybody laughs at Alabama for. It is not the 70's anymore. Nobody cares who you "were." They care who you "are" and you are not going to top the recruiting of UGA, Auburn, UF, LSU....for a while yet.

Your whole logic is based on having a good team in the 70's, getting off of probation, and hiring a rockstar coach. Wake up!

It doesn't matter what things used to be like....WHY they are the way they are.....or anything else. You have to look at the future, and it's not going to get much better overnight.

He may be right. If Jimbo does shoot them down (I know that's a crazy thought...everyone is swarming to Tuscaloser right now) and go to FSU, they'll have a little extra $$ left over to buy some of those 5-star recruits like they did back in the glory days.

He may be right. If Jimbo does shoot them down (I know that's a crazy thought...everyone is swarming to Tuscaloser right now) and go to FSU, they'll have a little extra $$ left over to buy some of those 5-star recruits like they did back in the glory days.

$aban's known for paying players?

I didn't say $aban, did I? We do know the history of the Crimson booster checkbook though, don't we!

OK...here we have some uat fans clinging to LSU's 2003 title, while no one outside of the conference recognizes LSU even playing for a title that year. How convenient for uat to embrace it now that they have $aban. Notice how BG put question marks next to Tuberville when comparing the 5 year span... Clearly he's doing his best to forget 2004 when we did win the SEC and should have played for the NC... We were undefeated in the best conference in football and DOMINATED everybody.... $aban may have 2 sec titles and 1 nc.... but Tuberville has 1 SEC title and was robbed at a shot at playing for the NC which they clearly deserved. UAT fans will NEVER admit or acknowledge our 2004 season... after all, in their delusional minds the only reason we were able to compete against them was because they were on probation....

Don't forget that it wasn't that long ago ( a few months) that the uaters here were saying how equal or better shula was than tuberville. All we can do as Auburn people is laugh at uat and the delusion that is always flowing from the crapper...

UAT may improve with $aban...but the extent of that improvement remains to be seen... Will he last long enough to challenge for anything...I'm betting NO...3-4 years and he'll be gone..

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ole Miss: (be consistent - omit probation as an excuse)

6-5

5-6

8-4

6-5

Auburn:

5-6

9-4

7-5

9-4

8-5

13-0

9-3

11-2

CNS is all time 91-42-1 and CTT IS 95-49. mind you CNS hasn't coached a college game in 2 years, but he did coach at Toledo in 1990 then did not coach again until 95. CTT started at :om: in 95. he has the same exact 8-4 career average as CNS, with the advantage of having a whole extra year up on CNS. he is just as good as CTT, and it is very obvious CTT has done great things with the AU program the past few years. why wouldn't we want someone as successful?

LSU had 7 losing seasons out of 10 before $aban got there.

Its funny...AU fans ALWAYS use that excuse that Tub inherited the worst team in the history of college football. You use that excuse more than we used probation.

So 5 years into it...why hadnt CTT even had his first 10 win season yet?

What you three kool aid sipping maroons don't factor into this is that Tuberville isn't being paid $4 million to be a savior.

That's the kicker. $4 million per annum.

No one is denying that Little Nicky is a good coach. But is he worth the 4 million dollas?

Holla.

OK...here we have some uat fans clinging to LSU's 2003 title, while no one outside of the conference recognizes LSU even playing for a title that year. How convenient for uat to embrace it now that they have $aban. Notice how BG put question marks next to Tuberville when comparing the 5 year span... Clearly he's doing his best to forget 2004 when we did win the SEC and should have played for the NC... We were undefeated in the best conference in football and DOMINATED everybody.... $aban may have 2 sec titles and 1 nc.... but Tuberville has 1 SEC title and was robbed at a shot at playing for the NC which they clearly deserved. UAT fans will NEVER admit or acknowledge our 2004 season... after all, they were on probation that's the only reason we were able to compete against them....

Crack Kills.

1st The BCS recognizes LSU as the national champion. As does ESPN (heard them say it this morning...no PT i dont have a link).

Also, i didnt forget tubbys sec title. it wasnt in his first 5 years. And that was the comparison.

Archived