A gem from the Atlanta-Journal Constitution

TitanTiger

That's not exactly sparkling considering that his competition evaporated after 2002. Keep in mind, probation hasn't been our only flaw over the past couple of years. Before we had our meltdown (that we should shoulder the blame for, don't misunderstand me), he was 2-6 against us at his current and previous jobs and was within a Bobby Petrino "Yes" of getting canned. Now, all of the suden, he's a God that some of you have admitted that you "wouldn't trade him for any other coach, college or pro, in the nation." I admit that he's built Auburn into a nationally renowned program, but it's foolish to say that he hasn't had some help.

Oh, and why is his year in Toledo convieniently omitted? Because he led them to a 9-2 record in his first year at a school that has had, at best, a mediocre history? Clever.

CNS is all time 91-42-1 and CTT IS 95-49. mind you CNS hasn't coached a college game in 2 years, but he did coach at Toledo in 1990 then did not coach again until 95. CTT started at :om: in 95. he has the same exact 8-4 career average as CNS, with the advantage of having a whole extra year up on CNS. he is just as good as CTT, and it is very obvious CTT has done great things with the AU program the past few years. why wouldn't we want someone as successful?

LSU had 7 losing seasons out of 10 before $aban got there.

Its funny...AU fans ALWAYS use that excuse that Tub inherited the worst team in the history of college football. You use that excuse more than we used probation.

So 5 years into it...why hadnt CTT even had his first 10 win season yet?

What you three kool aid sipping maroons don't factor into this is that Tuberville isn't being paid $4 million to be a savior.

That's the kicker. $4 million per annum.

No one is denying that Little Nicky is a good coach. But is he worth the 4 million dollas?

Holla.

It also equates to $330K per game. How many L's (or close squeak by wins) are they going to tolerate at that price? No too many, I'd wager.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK...here we have some uat fans clinging to LSU's 2003 title, while no one outside of the conference recognizes LSU even playing for a title that year. How convenient for uat to embrace it now that they have $aban. Notice how BG put question marks next to Tuberville when comparing the 5 year span... Clearly he's doing his best to forget 2004 when we did win the SEC and should have played for the NC... We were undefeated in the best conference in football and DOMINATED everybody.... $aban may have 2 sec titles and 1 nc.... but Tuberville has 1 SEC title and was robbed at a shot at playing for the NC which they clearly deserved. UAT fans will NEVER admit or acknowledge our 2004 season... after all, they were on probation that's the only reason we were able to compete against them....

Crack Kills.

1st The BCS recognizes LSU as the national champion. As does ESPN (heard them say it this morning...no PT i dont have a link).

Also, i didnt forget tubbys sec title. it wasnt in his first 5 years. And that was the comparison.

sure the BCS recognizes them...but by and large, the media rarely if ever mentions it...remember USC and ESPN's campaign push for them to THREE PEAT last year when Texas beat them.. How many times then did we hear about LSU winning the BCS title?? I'll answer that...NONE...NOT ONCE... You know it as well as anybody else here knows it...

OK...here we have some uat fans clinging to LSU's 2003 title, while no one outside of the conference recognizes LSU even playing for a title that year. How convenient for uat to embrace it now that they have $aban. Notice how BG put question marks next to Tuberville when comparing the 5 year span... Clearly he's doing his best to forget 2004 when we did win the SEC and should have played for the NC... We were undefeated in the best conference in football and DOMINATED everybody.... $aban may have 2 sec titles and 1 nc.... but Tuberville has 1 SEC title and was robbed at a shot at playing for the NC which they clearly deserved. UAT fans will NEVER admit or acknowledge our 2004 season... after all, they were on probation that's the only reason we were able to compete against them....

Crack Kills.

1st The BCS recognizes LSU as the national champion. As does ESPN (heard them say it this morning...no PT i dont have a link).

Also, i didnt forget tubbys sec title. it wasnt in his first 5 years. And that was the comparison.

sure the BCS recognizes them...but by and large, the media rarely if ever mentions it...remember USC and ESPN's campaign push for them to THREE PEAT last year when Texas beat them.. How many times then did we hear about LSU winning the BCS title?? I'll answer that...NONE...NOT ONCE... You know it as well as anybody else here knows it...

Could it be because LSU was not in a position to win a "three peat" last season? Just a hunch. :poke:

Funny how you claim a 2004 national title, even though you didn't play for it. LSU goes to the BCS title game, wins it, and you try to say that it's not recognized? I've heard it all now.

Crack Kills.

Could it be because LSU was not in a position to win a "three peat" last season? Just a hunch. :poke:

Neither was USC if we are all playing under the same BCS rules...which the PAC 10 agreed to just like all the other big conferences.

Funny how you claim a 2004 national title, even though you didn't play for it. LSU goes to the BCS title game, wins it, and you try to say that it's not recognized? I've heard it all now

please take a course in reading comprehension, it will do you a load of good. I've never claimed a 2004 National Title..EVER. I do however think we were robbed at a shot to play for it.... I also never said that the BCS title that LSU won wasn't recognized. As far as I'm concerned LSU is and will always be the 2003 NC... I said the media rarely if ever gave them credit for winning the BCS title.. I was merely pointing out that the media was all over USC three peating when they had only one ONE title according to the rules every conference was playing under... I'll translate it for you since you are struggling...LSU was robbed of the attention they deserved...

Crack Kills.

Neither was USC if we are all playing under the same BCS rules...which the PAC 10 agreed to just like all the other big conferences.

Funny how you claim a 2004 national title, even though you didn't play for it. LSU goes to the BCS title game, wins it, and you try to say that it's not recognized? I've heard it all now

please take a course in reading comprehension, it will do you a load of good. I've never claimed a 2004 National Title..EVER. I do however think we were robbed at a shot to play for it.... I also never said that the BCS title that LSU won wasn't recognized. As far as I'm concerned LSU is and will always be the 2003 NC... I said the media rarely if ever gave them credit for winning the BCS title.. I was merely pointing out that the media was all over USC three peating when they had only one ONE title according to the rules every conference was playing under... I'll translate it for you since you are struggling...LSU was robbed of the attention they deserved...

You didn't claim it in this post. However, you've done so before.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Point being, you cannot provide anything where pcola ever claimed a NC that year.

I would have loved to see them get a shot, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

I was still pretty pleased with that season.

You've got redneck boobs with internet connections posting about $aban bringing another MNC to Bama and he hasn't coached a down yet

i agree with that, like i've said before, anybody expecting anything great in the next 3 years is a doofus.

I must tell you then that bama has a lot of doofuses and hundreds of them were at the airpot yesterday.

$aban's known for paying players?

No. Logan Young was, among others.

To my knowlege, $aban hasn't been known for paying players directly or indirectly. That could either be due to his stirling character and forthright honesty in answering direct questions or, maybe he's just clever enough to not get caught. Which do you think it is?

Who's the better coach? I'd say it comes down to head-to-head matchups, right?

No one here fears $aban so why don't you cockroaches scurry away to an Ole Miss board. Maybe they'll be in awe of your payoff.

Right you are! Dubose 2-2 vs Tuberville...They must be equal.

Dubose had a better record against the wall with his secretary.

Dubose also had the best team money could buy at the time. Funny how they forget all these things...

Dubose also had the best team money could buy at the time. Funny how they forget all these things...

Always with an excuse. Per the NCAA we werent cheating until the 2000 class. And we lost that game.

The NCAA didnt see fit to forefit the two wins against you, so they count. You cant discredit our ENTIRE 93 season on a technicality ...trusting everything the ncaa says...then claim the 98 and 99 wins "dont count" because we got put on probation for something that happened in the 2000 season.

Geez next thing you know, youll be saying that youve won 9 out of the last 10.

Geez next thing you know, youll be saying that youve won 9 out of the last 10.

It just feels like it, right BG? :poke::poke::poke:

6 out of 7 is pretty brutal as well.

I don't care to get into all the back and forth bickering over which coach is best--time will tell.

But let's not let the arguing deprive us of the pleasure of two hilarious lines in this article:

... Why? Because he couldn't win. The other excuses are mere window dressing. Such is the life of a wealthy invertebrate. ...
and:
At each stop, $aban has lied. But let's get past that. Coaches lie all the time. Sometimes the best coaches are the best liars. They wear their ability to lie, distort and deceive as a badge of honor. Besides, if nothing else, having a good liar on staff gives Alabama an ace in the hole the next time the NCAA phones.

You may now return to the endless debate---I'm just going to enjoy the afterglow of a good Saturday morning laugh (or two). :lol:

Archived