Thats right and Joe Pendry as your Offensive Coordinator

NFL Offensive Ranking

Yards-per-game: 30th

Rushing yards-per-game: 15th

Passing yards-per-game: 30th

Points-per-game: 26th(t) (16.3 points)

Sacks: 32nd (68, 4.25 per game)

Alabama's offense to slip from Bronze Age to Neolithic

If what's on BamaOnLine is to be believed, Lil' Nicky's about to hire the geniuses that ran the Houston Texans' offense in 2005.

Joe Pendry, who was the offensive coordinator, is allegedly in line to take the same job with the Tide, along with his o-line coach Steve Marshall. Supposedly, Marshall is supposed to do the same in Tuscaloosa, as well.

To say both of these guys failed miserably in Houston is an understatement. The Texans converted only 34 percent on third down, and that's only the beginning.

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain had this to say about Pendry:

"Texans offensive coordinator Joe Pendry has a reputation for being so conservative he makes George W. Bush look like Bill Clinton."

Quote Link

Sorry boys, Saban is in and Capps is out. :cheer:

NFL Offensive Ranking

If what's on BamaOnLine is to be believed, Lil' Nicky's about to hire the geniuses that ran the Houston Texans' offense in 2005.

Joe Pendry, who was the offensive coordinator, is allegedly in line to take the same job with the Tide, along with his o-line coach Steve Marshall. Supposedly, Marshall is supposed to do the same in Tuscaloosa, as well.

To say both of these guys failed miserably in Houston is an understatement. The Texans converted only 34 percent on third down, and that's only the beginning.

"Texans offensive coordinator Joe Pendry has a reputation for being so conservative he makes George W. Bush look like Bill Clinton."

Quote Link

the last i checked, CAB was no gem when he came to AU. the only year he was OC at cal (2001) they won ONE game the entire year. the next year when tedford came in CAB left and went to indiana (2002-2003) where they were 3-9 his first year and 2-9 his second year, then he came to AU (2004) and well, we all know the rest. from what i've seen in the classics forum, there was pretty much a nuclear meltdown on this board when he was announced as the OC. so just because a coach doesn't do well somewhere else, doesn't mean he won't do well anywhere. i think CAB and CTT have shown that.

NFL Offensive Ranking

Quote Link

the last i checked, CAB was no gem when he came to AU. the only year he was OC at cal (2001) they won ONE game the entire year. the next year when tedford came in CAB left and went to indiana (2002-2003) where they were 3-9 his first year and 2-9 his second year, then he came to AU (2004) and well, we all know the rest. from what i've seen in the classics forum, there was pretty much a nuclear meltdown on this board when he was announced as the OC. so just because a coach doesn't do well somewhere else, doesn't mean he won't do well anywhere. i think CAB and CTT have shown that.

I may be wrong, but I believe he made his name at UCLA. Remember those two years bama lost to them?

NFL Offensive Ranking

Quote Link

I may be wrong, but I believe he made his name at UCLA. Remember those two years bama lost to them?

1996-2000

96: 5-6

97: 10-2

98: 10-2

00: 6-6

yes i remember :ua: being beaten by UCLA for two years. CAB was there for the first one but not next year. but anyways i'm not trying to say pendry is the best OC in the world by any means, i'm just saying, time will tell.

I am not sure what to think about the guy

On one hand, he wasn't dealt much of a hand at Houston...no OL and expansion talent AND a QB in Carr who isnt that great, imo.

On the other hand, he did run maybe the worst run offense I had ever seen in the NFL period when I went to some Texans games last year. It was downright pathetic.

Some coaches can make it in the college game that don't in the NFL but I think Bama needed a strong, semi-cracy OC that would take huge risks. Not sure a really conservative guy is who they want or need at this time.

I am not sure what to think about the guy

On one hand, he wasn't dealt much of a hand at Houston...no OL and expansion talent AND a QB in Carr who isnt that great, imo.

On the other hand, he did run maybe the worst run offense I had ever seen in the NFL period when I went to some Texans games last year. It was downright pathetic.

Some coaches can make it in the college game that don't in the NFL but I think Bama needed a strong, semi-cracy OC that would take huge risks. Not sure a really conservative guy is who they want or need at this time.

I think Pendry will fit in nicely at SPUAT. I don't think there will even be much of a transition....the players and fans will be cool with kicking a field goal on 4th and goal from the two against their rival.

Archived