1/16/07 Quote of The Day

Proud Tiger

From an LSU board (re. $aban):

"You see, unlike bama fans who can't bury a dead man, we (LSU fans) don't mind burying them before they're dead."

:big::big:

Now that's funny right there.

This morning, I heard one of the most innovative spins I've heard in a long time.

"Gene" is a regular Bammer caller to our local morning sports talk show. He calls this morning and you can tell immediately that Gene is not happy. He wants to know why anyone is still talking about Coach Saban and what the deal is....

The host responds by saying that folks are upset because Saban lied, to which Gene gets very defensive and argues that he never said he wasn't going to leave to coach at the Crapstoned. When the host reads him several of Slick's direct quotes, there is long silence (While Gene's genetic spin machine whirs into high speed). The result.....

"Well Phil, you gotta' remember where Saban was at the time. He was in Miami and if he'd said he's leavin', no tellin' what woulda' happened to him. This wasn't Kansas, Phil....this was Miami. You have to approach things a little different down there."

:roflol::roflol::roflol: I was speechless.

This morning, I heard one of the most innovative spins I've heard in a long time.

"Gene" is a regular Bammer caller to our local morning sports talk show. He calls this morning and you can tell immediately that Gene is not happy. He wants to know why anyone is still talking about Coach Saban and what the deal is....

The host responds by saying that folks are upset because Saban lied, to which Gene gets very defensive and argues that he never said he wasn't going to leave to coach at the Crapstoned. When the host reads him several of Slick's direct quotes, there is long silence (While Gene's genetic spin machine whirs into high speed). The result.....

"Well Phil, you gotta' remember where Saban was at the time. He was in Miami and if he'd said he's leavin', no tellin' what woulda' happened to him. This wasn't Kansas, Phil....this was Miami. You have to approach things a little different down there."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...so if you live in Miami...lyin' is OK. ;)

:au::homer:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...so if you live in Miami...lyin' is OK. ;)

:au::homer:

Seriously, what point besides that could he possibly have been trying to make with a statement like that?

Yo yo MoFo, some of de homies gonna pop a cap in his ass ifin he be saying he ain't gonna be stayin'...

That would be my interpretation of his feeble attempt at "spin".

Guest Tigrinum Major

Please don't try to interpret anymore.

Your street cred is very low. I don't recall very many Piedmontians that could be described as"gangsta".

Thanks.

Please don't try to interpret anymore.

Your street cred is very low. I don't recall very many Piedmontians that could be described as"gangsta". Thanks.

Like someone from Onnie-onter would know from street cred. Maybe if it were "churt road" cred. I live in Houston now. We have our share of gangstas.

Archived