Because they hate

AURaptor

Brigette Gabriel's book Because They Hate , reveals her life story of growing up in Lebanon and how the Muslims simply murdered anyone not like them. Simply put, these stories have never been told by Western media. Why has the PC mentality gone so far to hide the facts?

Below is a speech she gave at Duke University.

Delivered at the Duke University

Counter Terrorism Speak out

October 14, 2004

I'm proud and honored to stand here today as a Lebanese speaking for Israel the only democracy in the Middle East. As someone who was raised in an Arabic country I want to give you a glimpse into the heart of

the Arabic world.

I was raised in Lebanon where I was taught that the Jews were evil, Israel was the devil, and the only time we will have peace in the Middle East is when we kill all the Jews and drive them into the sea.

When the Moslems and Palestinians declared Jihad on the Christians in1975, they started massacring the Christians city after city. I ended up living in a bomb shelter underground from age 10 to 17 without electricity, eating grass to live and crawling under sniper bullets to a

spring to get water.

It was Israel who came to help the Christians in Lebanon. My mother was wounded by a Moslem shell and was taken into an Israeli hospital for treatment. When we entered the emergency room, I was shocked at what I saw. There were hundreds of people wounded, Moslems, Palestinians, Christian Lebanese and Israeli soldiers lying on the floor. The doctors treated everyone according to their injuries. They treated

my mother before they treated the Israeli soldier lying next to her. They didn't see religion, they didn't see political affiliation, they saw people in need, and they helped.

For the first time in my life, I experienced a human quality that I know my culture would not have shown to their enemy. I experienced the values of the Israelis who were able to love their enemy in their most trying moments.

I spent 22 days at that hospital; those days changed my life and the way I believe information, the way I listen to the radio or to television. I realized I was sold a fabricated lie by my government about the Jews and Israel that

was so far from reality. I knew for fact that if I was a Jew standing in an Arab hospital, I would be lynched and thrown over to the grounds as shouts of joy of Allahu Akbar (God is great) would echo through the hospital and the surrounding streets.

I became friends with the families of the Israeli wounded soldiers; one in particular Rina, her only child was wounded in his eyes.

One day I was visiting with her, and the Israeli army band came to play national songs to lift the spirits of the wounded soldiers. As they surrounded his bed playing a song about Jerusalem, Rina and I started crying. I felt out of place and started waking out of the room, and this mother

holds my hand and pulls me back in without even looking at me. She holds me crying and says: "it is not your fault". We just stood there crying and holding each other's hands.

What a contrast between her, a mother looking at her deformed 19-year- old only child, and still able to love me, the enemy, and between a Moslem mother who sends her son to blow himself up to smithereens just to kill a few Jews or Christians.

The difference between the Arabic world and Israel is a difference in values and character. It's barbarism versus civilization. It's democracy versus dictatorship. It's goodness versus evil.

Once upon a time, there was a special place in the lowest depths of hell for anyone who would intentionally murder a child. Now, the intentional murder of Israeli children is legitimized as Palestinian "armed struggle." However,

once such behavior is legitimized against Israel, it is legitimized everywhere in the world, constrained by nothing more than the subjective belief of people who would wrap themselves in dynamite and nails for the purpose of killing

children in the name of God.

Because the Palestinians have been encouraged to believe that murdering innocent Israeli civilians is a legitimate tactic for advancing their cause, the whole world now suffers from a plague of terrorism, from Nairobi to New York,

from Moscow to Madrid, from Bali to Beslan.

They blame suicide bombing on "desperation of occupation." Let me tell you the truth. The first major terror bombing committed by Arabs against the Jewish state occurred ten weeks before Israel even became independent. On

Sunday morning, February 22, 1948, in anticipation of Israel 's independence, a triple truck bomb was detonated by Arab terrorists on Ben Yehuda Street in what was then the Jewish section of Jerusalem. Fifty-four people were killed,

and hundreds were wounded. Thus, it is obvious that Arab terrorism is caused not by the "desperation" or "occupation," but by the VERY THOUGHT of a Jewish state.

So many times in history in the last 100 years, citizens have stood by and done nothing, allowing evil to prevail. As America stood up against and defeated communism, now it is time to stand up against the terror of religious bigotry and

intolerance. It's time to all stand up and support and defend the state of Israel, which is the front line of the war against terrorism.

Thank You.

On the Dennis Prager radio show, Ms Gabriel told of more encounters of growing up in Lebanon. When she was younger, her family use to drive across country to spend Christmas with her grandmother. Those trips stopped when Hezbollah thugs started setting up their own road blocks. They would force drivers to show their licenses, which had printed at the top the religion of that individual. When the Hezbollah thugs found Christian families, they'd force them out of the car, move them to the side of the road, and then shoot them all, in cold blood. Trips to grandma were no longer possible. Other atrocites included tieing the mother to one leg of an infant, and the father to the other leg of the infant, and then pulling the parents apart until their baby was dead.

This is Islam, as it was 30 yrs ago. And things have only gotten worse. Much, much worse. Israel isn't the big bad over there, and it definatly isn't the reason why Islamo terrorist do the horrific things they do. It's not Isreal's fault. It's not America's fault. It's not Bush's fault.

They do it simply because they hate.

Doesn't seem to matter if the Muslims are from Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon or the Phillipines.....they all share 1 thing in common.

And the Western world completely ignores it, hoping it'll all just go away by itself.

Totally agree. I will use that in class for an assignment.

Think about this, the day after they drove Israel into the sea, what would we have? We would have the Sunnis and Shia turning their unblievable hate on each other. There is no end to all this in the Middle East. They hate each other as much if not more than they hate the Jews.

Want proof? There are no Jews in Iraq and yet they slaughter each other daily.

I read her book and I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm a single 28 year-old male and I never cry. When I read this womans book, tears ran down my face as she told of the horrors she and her family endured in Lebanon. It was very eye-opening.

What amazes me is how people ( like Jimmy Carter ) think that if Israel would just give up its sovereignty, all this murder and hatred would evaporate. Fact is, Islam is an evil religion. I'm sorry, but it is. All through out Islam, there are various factions that preach pure hatred, death and evil for all those who are non believers. Generations of kids are being raised on this blind vitriol and blood lust. Think Fred Phelps and his Westboro First Baptist Church and then multiply it by ,oh...a 100 million.

The Nazi Holocaust

The Stalin genocide of Russia

The killing fields of Cambodia.....

And now this.

Actually, there are but they make up a miniscule percentage of the population. But there are Jews in Iraq. One of the most ironic things I've seen was a synagogue in downtown Baghdad.

Iraq has been historically one of the more "progressive" Middle Eastern countries when it comes to tolerating various religious views. While the Shia and Sunnis hate each other, for the most part they leave the Christians and Jews alone.

Actually, there are but they make up a miniscule percentage of the population. But there are Jews in Iraq. One of the most ironic things I've seen was a synagogue in downtown Baghdad.

Iraq has been historically one of the more "progressive" Middle Eastern countries when it comes to tolerating various religious views. While the Shia and Sunnis hate each other, for the most part they leave the Christians and Jews alone.

I would have never guessed they were so tolerant.

I would have never guessed they were so tolerant.

You have to understand that I use the term "tolerant" loosely. Iraqi muslims are still fanatics at heart but less so than the Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, Lebanese, and Palestinians. I think Saddam may have had something to do with it because he very much enjoyed indulging himself in things that are not in keeping with Islam i.e. drinking alcohol and women. In the cities of Iraq you'll find things to be quite Westernized, actually. The majority of women do not cover their hair and they dress just like women here at home. That's not at all in keeping with Islamic belief. Of course, that all changes the further away you get from the city because people out in the rural areas are much less educated so they hold onto their religious beliefs much more than those in the city. It's all very interesting and, at times, quite confusing. Again, the Shias and Sunnis hate each other so let's make no mistake about that. But for whatever reason they, for the most part, leave the Christians and Jews alone. I have no idea why but they do and that's fine with me because it's one less thing we have to worry about. And the Christians and Jews there respect the fact that they live in a Muslim society and tailor their own religious practices as a result in that they hold worship services either on a Friday or Saturday. There are no Sunday services because in the Middle East Sunday is the first day of the work week.

Saddam liked to drink women?

Yeah, I heard you and Saddam had quite the tryst at one time and you were the basis for Satan's role in the South Park movie.

Archived