Chuck Amato back at FSU

Jenny AU-92

What is an executive head coach???

Florida State rehire fired N.C. State coach Amato Link

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Former North Carolina State coach Chuck Amato is returning to Florida State as part of Bobby Bowden's major overhaul of his staff.

Amato, who was fired by North Carolina State in November, spent 18 seasons with Bowden through the program's peak years in the 1980s and '90s. The 60-year-old Amato succeeds Kevin Steele as executive head coach and linebackers coach. Steele left to become Alabama's defensive coordinator.

What is an executive head coach???

Florida State rehire fired N.C. State coach Amato Link

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Former North Carolina State coach Chuck Amato is returning to Florida State as part of Bobby Bowden's major overhaul of his staff.

Amato, who was fired by North Carolina State in November, spent 18 seasons with Bowden through the program's peak years in the 1980s and '90s. The 60-year-old Amato succeeds Kevin Steele as executive head coach and linebackers coach. Steele left to become Alabama's defensive coordinator.

No idea, but its starting to sound like the multiple ranks of seargents in the military.

Bet that Jimbo is not to crazy about Amato coming back to FSU. I imagine he thought he had a clear path to the HC job when Bobby Bowden finally retires. Now that has been murked up somewhat.

Bet that Jimbo is not to crazy about Amato coming back to FSU. I imagine he thought he had a clear path to the HC job when Bobby Bowden finally retires. Now that has been murked up somewhat.

But Amato is 60. Assuming "Diddy" doesn't plan to retire for yet another year or two, Amato will be even older. Fisher probably doesn't have too much to worry about if he is successful with the offense.

I wonder if the title "Executive" head coach is more or less an honorary thing in respect for his age and career?

But Amato is 60. Assuming "Diddy" doesn't plan to retire for yet another year or two, Amato will be even older. Fisher probably doesn't have too much to worry about if he is successful with the offense.

I wonder if the title "Executive" head coach is more or less an honorary thing in respect for his age and career?

I didn't realize Amato was that old. Course, 60 gets younger every year, the closer I get to it.

This would be my bet.

A respect kind of come on home thing maybe?

This would be my bet.

A respect kind of come on home thing maybe?

Shoot...I bet Steele was in line for the HC there. I can't imagine why he left there to come coach at bama? Maybe BB is planning on calling it quites sooner than we think and Amato is there for a reason? IF that is the case, FSU will continue to spiral down!!!

I didn't realize Amato was that old. Course, 60 gets younger every year, the closer I get to it.

"the Chest" is ageless especially with that voice.

Tommy Bowden will be down there after next season if he goes 7-5....BANK ON IT ;)

Not a good hire in my opinion.

No, a great hire.

Amato is a good D coach...just not a great HC.

BB is putting together a great staff that will put FSU back on the map next year.

Archived