Progression of Bamer thought,,,,,,,,,Stealing Recruits

Tigermike

Normally I don't visit Bammer boards, but I was curious about several of their recruits and also about what they were saying about AU commitment Jared Cooper.

Check out the times and statements of the Bama faithful. If anything, they are predictable.

This was the original post.

(1/20/07 6:45:18 pm )

Stealing barn recruits

Saban hasn't been here long but he is already making an impact by stealing away barn recruits (Jared Cooper). I think Jared will end up in Crimson and this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to beating out the barn for recruits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/20/07 7:51:03 pm )

Quote:Auburn only offered a gray-shirt. But he is going to be a good one no matter where he goes.

He already committed to the barn so therefore we are stealing him away. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/20/07 10:31:51 pm )

Well, Jared Cooper is probably coming here now and possibly Ryan Williams as well. You can also give up on McNeil and Gibson now. I can't even imagine how much we'll dominate you in recruiting once we beat you in Jerdan-Saban Stadium in November. You barners seem to have forgotten that when all things are equal, Bama dominates you. You've been capitalizing on our probation and poor coaching choices, but those issues are in the past. Prepare to be put in your place. Moo Barners Moooooooooo!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/21/07 4:10:09 pm )

Cooper's a lifelong Bama fan and this weekend he got a very good first impression of the new staff. I think he'll sign with Bama. Yall will probably still get Williams, but we'll make a good run at him. Agree on Gibson, he wants to make visits just to do it, but he's never really considered anywhere else besides Bama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/21/07 6:38:46 pm )

Cooper now has a full-ride offer out of the gate from Auburn.

----------------------------------------------------------

(1/22/07 8:10:33 pm )

Looks like Cooper is staying with the Tigers. Canceled all other in home visits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/22/07 8:20:03 pm )

there are much better players out there for us

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think you grow up a "lifelong ____ fan" and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship.

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

Do you all HONESTLY think any of you would have taken a scholarship from Bama over AU coming out of high school?

It would depend on how much :$: Bama was willing to throw out.

I dont think you grow up a "lifelong ____ fan" and play for the team's bitter rival when you are offered the same scholarship.

no, but the kid honored his commitment and thought that his future was brighter at auburn, maybe i'm missing your point

It would depend on how much :$: Bama was willing to throw out.

What position do you play... I hear a good DL can make a good living...

Yeah, if you find out that the school is superior in your field of study, if the school has better facilities, if the school has better coaches, if the school has landed more players in the NFL at my position, if the school has more national prestige, has a more homey atmosphere, has better co-eds .....need I go on?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Not if they were a fan like myself.

However, I grew up with die hard Alabama fans that denegrated me for years throughout elementary and high school who ended up attending Auburn, falling in love with it and becoming fans. They don't hate Alabama like I do, but they cheer for their alma mater now, instead of against it.

Conversions happen. Eyes are opened. Lives are changed.

I fear it's too late for you. But I'll not stop trying.

Join the Alliance, young Jedi. Reject the Empire.

Wasn't :au: just offering a grey shirt while :ua: was offering a full ride? Doesn't sound like they are taking a 5 star athlete, but a project. Sounds desperate to me as an :lsu: fan.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Wasn't :au: just offering a grey shirt while :ua: was offering a full ride? Doesn't sound like they are taking a 5 star athlete, but a project. Sounds desperate to me as an :lsu: fan.

He was 4A Lineman of the Year in Alabama, which is the state's third largest classification. Bright kid who shows promise. Comes from a good high school program, but probably needs a year to grow. Upsides are academics and potential. Auburn's class is filling up, so I assume they were trying to keep a scholarship open "just in case", but things changed.

Wasn't just offering a grey shirt while was offering a full ride? Doesn't sound like they are taking a 5 star athlete, but a project. Sounds desperate to me as an fan.

He was a grey shirt offer until we offered him a full ride. Then AU offered him a fill ride as well.

Yeah, if you find out that the school is superior in your field of study, if the school has better facilities, if the school has better coaches, if the school has landed more players in the NFL at my position, if the school has more national prestige, has a more homey atmosphere, has better co-eds .....need I go on?

By this description, i soon expect us to be taking verbals from plenty of lifelong AU fans.

Guest Tigrinum Major

the opposite

Ignorance reveals herself.

Wasn't just offering a grey shirt while was offering a full ride? Doesn't sound like they are taking a 5 star athlete, but a project. Sounds desperate to me as an fan.

He was a grey shirt offer until we offered him a full ride. Then AU offered him a fill ride as well.

So what I am hearing you say is that with equal offers on the table he is choosing Auburn. Hmmm. Interesting. I guess he didn't get the memo about crawling through broken glass?

Well, Jared Cooper is probably coming here now and possibly Ryan Williams as well. You can also give up on McNeil and Gibson now. I can't even imagine how much we'll dominate you in recruiting once we beat you in Jerdan-Saban Stadium in November. You barners seem to have forgotten that when all things are equal, Bama dominates you. You've been capitalizing on our probation and poor coaching choices, but those issues are in the past. Prepare to be put in your place. Moo Barners Moooooooooo

This is typical bammer arogance and unbelievable IGNORANCE. Someone please post him the FACTS of this series...Please remind him that while their most recognizable drunk(I mean coach) held a great record against us, they still only lead the series by 6 games....Someone please tell him that his team is 0-6 in their own stadium against us and 2-6 in Auburn. Have some success before you start trying to rename the stadium to satisfy your over inflated ego. Next he'll say they dominate Tennessee too....funny thing is UAT has lost 300 games in their history...and 70 of them have been to Auburn and Tennesee, that's 22.8% of all their losses to these two teams... Yeah, they dominate us... :lol: What an idiot... Has to be Scott Moore, the uat moron that has no concept of facts whatsoever....

Given the soap opera that is Bama football versus the stability and winning record at Auburn, I don't think its a stretch to think he'd come over to us.

Besides, he was probably only a Bama fan because his Daddy and Grandaddy loved the Bear. :poke:

Given the soap opera that is Bama football versus the stability and winning record at Auburn, I don't think its a stretch to think he'd come over to us.

Besides, he was probably only a Bama fan because his Daddy and Grandaddy loved made love to the Bear. :poke:

Fixed that for you.

I was a life long Bama fan until my senior year of HS. Started visiting schools and feel more at home in Auburn. I have another friend that did the exact same thing.

I know a lot of rival fans were calling Scott Moore a moron when he said Saban was coming to Bama several weeks before he did.

laypiperklb3.jpg

I also remember Scott Moore emphatically stating that the pecking order in terms of likelihood and desire on Bammer's part was:

1. Spurrier

2. Petrino

3. Paul Johnson

Hell, I could guess Bama's coach if I got eighteen chances.

I know a lot of rival fans were calling Scott Moore a moron when he said Saban was coming to Bama several weeks before he did.

laypiperklb3.jpg

That's because he was wrong the first three times he said you guys had a coach. First it was SOS then RR and if someone can find the thread he even said Paul Johnson.

laypiperklb3.jpg

Oh I remember him....he was the one swearing that RR was already a lock and all that good stuff.

Perplexing why nobody believed him with Saban

Archived