It's seems official

saniflush

http://www.wildcatdaily.com/Users/Login.as...-01-30-43935-59

Kansas State to play at Auburn

Mark Janssen Senior Sports Writer

1/30/2007 12:13:50 PM

An agreement in principle has been reached between Kansas State University and Auburn University to open the 2007 football season at Auburn.

Kansas State associate athletic director Jim Epps confirmed this morning that the game will be played on Sept. 1, and will be televised by ESPN.

The last time K-State played Auburn was in the opener to the 1979 season when K-State lost, 26-18. The last time KSU played a team from the SEC in a non-conference regular-season game was in the opener to the 1984 season when K-State lost at Vanderbilt, 26-14.

The rest of the 2007 non-conference schedule will have San Jose coming to Manhattan on Sept. 8 and Missouri State on Sept. 15.

"We're currently working with Missouri State to get a game they had scheduled with Sam Houston (on the 15th) rescheduled," Epps said.

The final non-Big 12 contest will be against Fresno State and will be moved to the last game of the year on Nov. 24, in Fresno, Calif.

This lineup will allow K-State to have an open date prior to the start of Big 12 play at Texas on the final Saturday in September.

Epps said that the 2008 non-conference schedule had been set with K-State opening at home against Louisiana-Lafayette, followed by a home game with Fresno State. Also on the slate will be a road game at Louisville and a home date with North Texas.

Auburn capped off this past season with a 17-14 victory over Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl to finish 11-2. The Tigers, which only losses came against Georgia and Arkansas, finished the season ranked No. 9 in The Associated Press poll and No. 8 in the USA Today poll.

Hopefully this assures us of another primetime 6:45 game since its on ESPN. War Damn Eagle! Night games are the best!

Ryan

Hopefully this assures us of another primetime 6:45 game since its on ESPN. War Damn Eagle! Night games are the best!

Ryan

From what I can find at this point it seems it WILL be on ESPN since the helped broker the deal. Does not look like a lot of great games that day.

Got Tenn visiting Cal which will garner some pub.

ND is playing GT which will be getting WAY too much attention.

I think it is a good thing. We get a prime time opener on ESPN against a BCS conference team that could be on the rise over the next couple of years. Will we be traveling to the Little Apple in 2010?

I think it is a good thing. We get a prime time opener on ESPN against a BCS conference team that could be on the rise over the next couple of years. Will we be traveling to the Little Apple in 2010?

I have not seen anything about us returning the trip but I also have not seen anything that says we will not. If I were a betting man I would say this is a one time deal.

I have not seen anything about us returning the trip but I also have not seen anything that says we will not. If I were a betting man I would say this is a one time deal.

Probably right since after this season the scheduling is about done

Jay Jacobs said scheduling will be much easier once the Tigers get past the 2007 season. West Virginia is already on tap for the 2008 and 2009 season, and Auburn is already working on schedules for 2010 and beyond.

I don't think anybody can gripe about our non-conference schedule at all this coming year. Home games against K State and South Florida. A Big 12 team and Big East team. Two BCS conference games out of our 4 non conference games makes for a good schedule.

I attended a KSU vs. AU game at KSU in the 70s, but I thought we beat them pretty bad.

We beat them in 1978 45-32 at their place.

I attended a KSU vs. AU game at KSU in the 70s, but I thought we beat them pretty bad.

We beat them the year before they came to Auburn 45-32 at their place.

Yeah, that's the ticket! I drank enough not to remember!

Yeah, that's the ticket! I drank enough not to remember!

I think we have only played them those two times but I do not have my media guide handy to check.

*UPDATE*

Those are the only two times we have played. The 78 and 79 season. We won both under Barfield if you can believe that!

I may have to see if I can squeeze that game into my itinerary...Labor Day weekend will make it easier.

Sani... you don't need a media guide for this stuff. The following link should improve your life ten fold.

http://football.stassen.com/records/opponent.html

yea that is actually where I ended up going. Just used to having a media guide close by. Hard copy habit.

My Sources tell me that Samford will be the last game to be scheduled. Yes... Samford... Pat Sullivan here we come.

I like the K-State. Good opener to make an impact. Hopefully it will have the same result as WSU this year.

About half the people that I work with here on this project in Kansas City are K-State alums/fans. The smack started this afternoon as soon as it hit the K-State board. I love it!

i was @ ft. riley, ks from oct78 to aug80. i missed the auburn game, but used to go see them play. they were always terrible. i hadnt seen their facilities since i left, but they have made significant upgrades. if we do return the game, i hope it's in manhattan and not KC.

kstatesnyderstadium.jpg

manhattan is (was) a small little college town, like auburn. arrowhead is a monster stadium. depending on how many people we'd bring, our "presence" would be much better in the snyder family stadium.

I've been to Manhattan twice for games and had a great time on both occasions...I hope :au: returns the game at some point (2010 seems like a good time...that'll be a year when our schedule will have :uga: , :arky: and :lsu: all at home, so a road game against a decent non-conference opponent shouldn't be that onerous).

I'm glad this deal happened, makes the meager home schedule just a little bit better. If Auburn does play Samford, imagine the noise Pat will get when he is introduced as the head coach.

the Auburn athletic department is saying that it's not official yet, close but not final. jay jacobs at work.....

Oh Jay Jacobs, you're such a great AD!!! :no::no::no:

K state is as ok name Ill be watching on tv, I think its crap to have to schedule a 1aa team its going to kill the strength of schedule! Jay Jacobs :thumbsdown:

from what i gather it is not a done deal as of yet, they are trying to iron out the return game and kstate must remove their scheduled opponent for that date. As far as the 1aa game goes, what are you guys hearing? I know some have mentioned samford, i've heard tennessee tech's name a couple times.

Archived