Who is Next?

Proud Tiger

Looks like most of the hay is in the barn with McNeil commiting today along with sign and place project Jermaine Jackson.

Other prime candidates still on the books are LB Bynes and DE Carter. I'm just not sure where Fairleystands.

Other sign and place likelihoods are OL Brandon Earl, and safety Johnny Dixon. We are also likely to greyshirt WR Ralph Spry for the 2008 class.

Any others?

Tubs and staff have done an outstanding job this year and we are well stocked for years to come.

Looks like most of the hay is in the barn

There's a joke in there somewhere. ;)

Yeah. A stale one.

Can anyone explain to me what is inherently "jokeworthy" about barns, agriculture and so on?

Yeah. A stale one.

Can anyone explain to me what is inherently "jokeworthy" about barns, agriculture and so on?

Humorous amongst those who apparently don't eat.

Yeah. A stale one.

Those jokes are made only by people who don't like to eat, apparently. But even our Bamar's on this board MUST know that their school is truly the redneck bastion of the state. As I've said before, my own father was a Bamar redneck. Sigh....

:au::homer:

Looks like most of the hay is in the barn with McNeil commiting today along with sign and place project Jermaine Jackson.

Are we getting Tito too??? I hope, I hope!!! :)

For those of you who are old enough, there were two "sayings" Coach Jordan always used. One was to say "the hay is in the barn" referring to when all was done that could be done and when asked what kind of team Auburn would have that year he would say: "We will have another fine football team at Auburn." This always frustrated sports writers who were hoping for a comment he could be held accountable for later. :au:

Other prime candidates still on the books are LB Bynes and DE Carter. I'm just not sure where Fairleystands.

In addition to Bynes and Carter, there is still some talk about Frank Alexander, Chavis Williams, Roderick Davis, and Brandon Gibson. I am told that Gibson is almost certainly going to UAT, but it would be awesome to steal him away! :poke:

How much room do we still have for offers in this class?

We have probably got two alerady to sign and place and we could sign as many as 28-29 players. That means we could add 3-4 more if they are good enough. I doubt we get Gibson and have about a 50-50 chance on Fairley. I think we may have a good shot at Antoine Carter and D.J. Stafford if his mom decides she wants him closer to home than Kentucky. Bynes seems enamored with Coach Superior at USC so don't count on him now. I wish we could get Bynes and Gibson but doesn't look good. JMO. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Yeah. A stale one.

It makes people feel better about themselves. If you were a truck mechanic and the only thing you had to feel good about was the fact that you didn't have to work in the hot fields all day (nevermind that you had to work in a hot garage all day), then you'd make fun of farmers also.

Or, if you were a lawyer and everyone thought you were a jackass, you'd feel good that you were not a dirt farmer.

The really funny thing is, most of today's modern farmers who do it for a living are high tech, succcessful in terms of monetary rewards and depend on the research and advice of Auburn and the Extension Service for their success. If they aren't, they aren't farmers very long. Not to mention that they feed the world.

As far as "Who's next?", if we did not sign another player outside of the ones that are committed or listed as a soft verbal, I'd be happy.

If we do get someone like Chavis Williams, it's just gravy.

Brown gravy from fried chicken drippings. Over a hot biscuit.

We have probably got two alerady to sign and place and we could sign as many as 28-29 players. That means we could add 3-4 more if they are good enough. I doubt we get Gibson and have about a 50-50 chance on Fairley. I think we may have a good shot at Antoine Carter and D.J. Stafford if his mom decides she wants him closer to home than Kentucky. Bynes seems enamored with Coach Superior at USC so don't count on him now. I wish we could get Bynes and Gibson but doesn't look good. JMO. :au:

Too bad on Bynes, but I never got my hopes up since he seemed unsure the whole time. If he goes to USC, we probably won't have to play him during his career- unless it is in the SEC Championship!

What is the story on Fairley? I don't know much about him.

Yeah, I hate to see us lose Bynes as well, but I think we will be OK at his position. We will get Eltoro and Herring. And Slusher and Harris may wind up at LB as well. If Blackmon can get his head on straight, we should be in very good shape at that position. If recruiting classes are judged based on filling needs, this one will be a grand slam. Every position on the offense will get TOP QUALITY help. We will load up in the secondary and at LB and should get some linemen to go with the massive haul that redshirted last year. This staff has done a brilliant job recruiting the last two years in particular. We are truly in position to reload rather than rebuild. The 2007 team will be full of young talent. I can't wait.

Don't count out Bynes just yet. I think you will be happy on signing day.

I agree with you, I think he will be the next committment. I also think we are in great shape for Alexander's signature. Right now it is between us and OU.

Yeah. A stale one.

I thought we were avoiding thread highjacks.

Yeah...but that's another thread. :lol:

PS: We havn't lost Bynes and most insiders believe we're the odds on favourite to land him. He's pushing his commitment back to Signing Day (ie: he wont commit this Friday).

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sign and Place.

Thanks. I was racking my feeble brain trying to think of a school like William & Mary with the S and P initials.

Sign and Place.

Thanks. I was racking my feeble brain trying to think of a school like William & Mary with the S and P initials.

I am glad you asked, cause I was thinking Green Stamps. I know, that was S&H, but it came to mind first.

Don't know about now but just remind the "bammer rednecks" that several years ago the average income of "barner" graduates was higher than the average income of "bammer redneck" graduates. Therefore I'll take my tractor and barn over your house trailer any day.

Yeah. A stale one.

It's all they have left. DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY TOO!!!!!! :lol:

I dunno, it is just one of those easy, short jokes that we know AU fans know about. I have no idea where it came from or why or whatever...

Archived