Will Finebaum Make It?

AUesquire

In the past, most everyone has made it pretty clear what their take is on the bald one. Many of you wouldn't take time to pee on the guy if he were on fire. I have had my ups and downs about listening to the guy. Sometimes, his show can be fairly entertaining while other times, he can be the most hypocritical bag of @#&%$ I've ever heard.

Since November 18th of this past year, I probably haven't listened to one complete hour of his show, mainly because 99% of what he discusses has been Alabama related. First, it was the Shula drama and whether he would be fired. Then, it was the coaching search and the daily rehashing of:

"Paul, what do you think Spurrier's gonna' do?"

"Paul, I heard from my sister's third cousin who once raised chihuahua's and had one of em' get out and take a dump in Rich Rodriguez' brother's yard. And he said..."

"Paul, just how good of a bobo honker do you think Mal Moore really is? Cause' Saban won't allow just ANY bobo honker to take him out to dinner."

I normally leave work and turn the radio up. It takes about 30 seconds to realize he's talking to the same people about the same things as he was yesterday, two days ago, last week, last month.... I did the same thing last week and honestly, even I'm sick of hearing the word "Coonass" broken down a million different ways. Good Lord, man. Get over it.

My point is, I truly believe that what little Auburn audience the man has, is all but gone. I know there's not a lot of controversial stuff going on with AU's program and not a lot to discuss, but the freakin' Super Bowl was this past weekend and I'll bet the guy didn't devote 5 minutes to it. The question is, do you think PF can survive on a strictly Bama audience? The man has discussed nothing other than Bama topics for going on 3 months now. With the move to a new station and nothing but Bama related topics, will he be relevant anymore.

I predicted that his move to JOX was going to drive what few Auburn listeners he had away. I stand 100% by that idea. He has gone so over the top at JOX that he now just says WE when talking about Bama. There is no balance at all anymore on his show.

As a guy with some insider knowledge, I can say I absolutely marvel at his takes on Auburn. He is sssooo unbelieveably out of touch with what is going on down there it mystifies me. I mean totally lost. Is he that lost on the things going on in Tuscaloosa? If he is, there is no reason at all to listen to his show.

Is Pat Dye still one of his guest callers? Really, does he ever have anything on there that is not Alabama? I don't listen to him anymore, but I did want to know that.

The only information that I get on what's being discussed on the PFRN is through this site, and this site alone.

I'll confess that I used to listen to Finebaum when I moved back to Alabama from Virginia. It was around Auburn's Championship run in 2004. I'll never forget that throughout the Christmas Holidays in 2004, as Auburn was preparing to play Virginia Tech and finish off an unblemished 13-0 campaign, Finebaum devoted the entire Holiday season to discussing the 1973 Sugar Bowl between Alabama and Notre Dame. No Auburn info. other than his usual haha Auburn got screwed and it would not have happened to Bama, blah blah blah.

I remember him being very rude to Auburn fans who called in and said that Auburn would have a great chance to beat USC had both teams played in '04. He would either hang up or would tell them to get over it before hanging up on them.

Shortly after that season, I heard him and Vickers discussing gay sex. Some redneck indigent called in and said that he did not want to ever have gay sex because he feared and I quote, "that I might like it." Finebaum and Vickers both erupted with laughter.

I quit listening after that. I have rarely listened to him since. The only times I'll tune in is post Iron Bowl week so I can listen to him and his minions in Red drone on and on about Shula and how they can't beat Auburn. Other than that, I've got better things to do with my time.

How on earth did this no talent a$$ clown ever get in the top 12 of America's most important sports news anchors? At least according to SI.

he is out of touch because Auburn has cut him off. Auburn has realized he is a negative influence.

Now if Dye and and any others, Trotman, White, Auburn Rivals etc would just do the same we would be

free of this cancer. Auburn University does not need Finebaum.

I agree with some of what has already been said here. Let me add something else that no one has mentioned yet (I don't recall).

PF's voice sounded a lot better on AM than on FM. I know in many places, the affiliates still air him on AM (such as in Auburn). But, because the Bham area now gets him on FM, as do many other places, I think people tend to listen less to something that doesn't sound as good. I think his nasaly tone on the FM sound will drive some away. Put that with his Bama lovefest, and I do wonder how much longer he will be around.

The only information that I get on what's being discussed on the PFRN is through this site, and this site alone.

I'll confess that I used to listen to Finebaum when I moved back to Alabama from Virginia. It was around Auburn's Championship run in 2004. I'll never forget that throughout the Christmas Holidays in 2004, as Auburn was preparing to play Virginia Tech and finish off an unblemished 13-0 campaign, Finebaum devoted the entire Holiday season to discussing the 1973 Sugar Bowl between Alabama and Notre Dame. No Auburn info. other than his usual haha Auburn got screwed and it would not have happened to Bama, blah blah blah.

I remember him being very rude to Auburn fans who called in and said that Auburn would have a great chance to beat USC had both teams played in '04. He would either hang up or would tell them to get over it before hanging up on them.

Shortly after that season, I heard him and Vickers discussing gay sex. Some redneck indigent called in and said that he did not want to ever have gay sex because he feared and I quote, "that I might like it." Finebaum and Vickers both erupted with laughter.

I quit listening after that. I have rarely listened to him since. The only times I'll tune in is post Iron Bowl week so I can listen to him and his minions in Red drone on and on about Shula and how they can't beat Auburn. Other than that, I've got better things to do with my time.

How on earth did this no talent a$$ clown ever get in the top 12 of America's most important sports news anchors? At least according to SI.

since when is a ranking by SI a good thing. It just highlights how crappy sports radio is or how few real option there are. That's like saying uat ranks 12 in the SEC, yeah they still suck even if they are in the best conference

I predicted that his move to JOX was going to drive what few Auburn listeners he had away. I stand 100% by that idea. He has gone so over the top at JOX that he now just says WE when talking about Bama. There is no balance at all anymore on his show.

As a guy with some insider knowledge, I can say I absolutely marvel at his takes on Auburn. He is sssooo unbelieveably out of toch with what is going on down there it mystifies me. I mean totally lost. Is he that lost on the things going on in Tuscaloosa? If he is, there is no reason at all to listen to his show.

I never really listen to WJOX much but I was on my way back from B’ham last Tuesday and was listening to Dunaway and Brown. It was Super Bowl media day and they were talking about the Bears fans. Jim said something to the effect of, “ They like to make fun of us about how we talk about our national championships.” “If you talk to Bears fans they act like their Super Bowl victory was recent.” I was surprised that a host for a supposedly neutral sports show was using terms “us” and “we”.

As a guy with some insider knowledge, I can say I absolutely marvel at his takes on Auburn. He is sssooo unbelieveably out of toch with what is going on down there it mystifies me. I mean totally lost. Is he that lost on the things going on in Tuscaloosa? If he is, there is no reason at all to listen to his show.

I never really listen to WJOX much but I was on my way back from B’ham last Tuesday and was listening to Dunaway and Brown. It was Super Bowl media day and they were talking about the Bears fans. Jim said something to the effect of, “ They like to make fun of us about how we talk about our national championships.” “If you talk to Bears fans they act like their Super Bowl victory was recent.” I was surprised that a host for a supposedly neutral sports show was using terms “us” and “we”.

To Dunaway's credit, he has never even pretended to be neutral.

Dunaway used to host the Coach's show when Shula was there. abrnfantc is right, he has never made any bones about where his allegiance lies. Even with the :ua: homer-rific slant, I still enjoy Dunaway & Brown. I'm doing my part to see that their show beats PF in the ratings.

Actually heard Dunaway say last week that Auburn and more specifically Tommy Tuberville "practically won a national championship" in 2004. Would not have imagined him giving us that much credit but he got it right.

Ryan

I always listen to D&B in the afternoons. Dunaway may be a homer, but he does it in a way that isn't annoying and in your face. At least their producer went to Auburn so he has fun with them a lot.

He's still mad cause CTT cut off all on-air contact with the little dweeb.

we should be glad that he has made his pact with uat, Auburn does need that kind of

association. As long as he is on the bammer wagon, Auburn is doing the right things.

I always listen to D&B in the afternoons. Dunaway may be a homer, but he does it in a way that isn't annoying and in your face. At least their producer went to Auburn so he has fun with them a lot.

the roundtable with Kelly Hunter and Lance Taylor has become my favorite because they talk about more than just Saban! I split time between D and B and Finebaum, I think Finebaum show hasnt been the same since he lost Vickers

Many of you wouldn't take time to pee on the guy if he were on fire.

Actually, if I came across Finebaum sinking in quicksand, and I was holding a length of water hose that could be used to pull him out, I would instead use it to add water to the quicksand. :shoot:

Archived