Not looking good for the White House, I mean Cheney

Bottomfeeder

This is worse than Watergate. It was a conspiracy.

WASHINGTON — Former White House official I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby told a grand jury in 2004 that Vice President Dick Cheney was upset by an ambassador's public questioning of the Iraq war and that President Bush, Cheney and Libby were involved in a plan — kept secret from other senior White House officials — to leak previously classified intelligence to reporters to counter the criticism.

Libby's audiotape testimony, played for jurors in federal court here, offered new details about how the White House orchestrated a campaign to discredit the Iraq war critic, former envoy Joseph C. Wilson IV. Wilson's wife, undercover CIA operative Valerie Plame, was subsequently exposed in the media, triggering a criminal investigation.

As Libby sat silently in the courtroom, jurors heard his recorded voice describe how he was instructed to leak intelligence secrets to select reporters, even as other White House officials were expressing concern over the leaks and debating whether the administration should formally declassify intelligence reports on Iraq to combat criticism of the case for war.

At one point, Special Prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald can be heard on the tapes expressing disbelief that Libby would take part in those meetings without disclosing that the president had effectively already declassified key portions of one of the main prewar pieces of intelligence on Iraq, a national intelligence estimate on Saddam Hussein's alleged banned weapons programs.

"Was that unusual for you to have the national security advisor, the director of Central Intelligence, the White House chief of staff among others in the dark as to something that you had done regarding declassification?" Fitzgerald asked.

"It is not unusual for the vice president to tell me something which I am not allowed to share with others," Libby replied.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/ir...1&cset=true

Hey dumba$$. There's no story here. Armitage is the one who 'leaked' Val Plame, moron. Libby is on trial for not accuratly remembering something. Big deal. There was no crime here, what so ever. Please, stop posting this meaningless $hit over and over and acting like it's some 'breaking' news story. It ain't, you're just a troll.

Hey dumba$$. There's no story here. Armitage is the one who 'leaked' Val Plame, moron. Libby is on trial for not accuratly remembering something. Big deal. There was no crime here, what so ever. Please, stop posting this meaningless $hit over and over and acting like it's some 'breaking' news story. It ain't, you're just a troll.

Armitage isn't the only one according to court records. I'll watch this one unfold and let the cards fall where they may without resorting to childish behavior. So, what if I'm a troll? DND?

Armitage isn't the only one according to court records. I'll watch this one unfold and let the cards fall where they may without resorting to childish behavior. So, what if I'm a troll? DND?

You're not letting the cards fall where they may, you've already made your decision on who's guilty and what for.

Trolls are on the level of bammers, fyi.

Archived