Bamerham Losing Its uat Stronghold?

AUChizad

This weekend, AWK and I went to Twist & Shout, the new Dueling Pianos bar in Birmingham.

In case you don't know, they play songs on the piano for tips.

Well, someone tipped them to play the War Eagle Fight song. They were to play it until someone paid more for the uat fight song.

The completely packed bar erupted as it seemed the whole place was chanting the words to War Eagle.

A bammer upped the tip towards the end, but the crowd kept singing anyway. Then lots of crazed cheering ensued.

Then he started the uat fight song, and hardly anyone was singing. I know bammers don't know their own fight song, but it was pretty obvious that at least 80% of the bar was singing the War Eagle fight song.

About 5 seconds into the bammer fight song, an AU alum gave them $50 to hear War Eagle again.

The place erupted with cheers again.

Some old redneck woman tried to give him $20 to play uat's song again, and they just made fun of her for not realizing that 50 > 20 and the whole bar erupted in laughter.

I commented to Taylor that Bamerham has come a long way in the last five years.

The twenty-somethings in the area appear to be much more orange and blue these days.

No one remembers when uat played at Legion Field. No one cares that the Bahr's buried there. Although you'd never know it from the media around here, we're definitely taking over.

Yes, it is changing. It is somewhat of a slow process, but it is changing. Who do we give credit to? Patrick Fain Dye for forcing the move of the UA game to the campus of AU. And in turn they had to go to their own campus.

The Magic city is slowly turning Orange and Blue. As a guy told me one time....

"If I had a daughter in a whore house, a son in jail, and another daughter broken down in Tuscaloosa I would go get the one in Tuscaloosa first because she is in the most danger."

It was rather humorous because the woman who tipped $20 looked like she was seventy and had just downed a carton of Cowboy Killers. Chad fell in love.

I've definitely noticed a large increase in the number of Auburn flags on automobiles.

I've also definitely noticed a large decrease in the number of Alabama flags on automobiles.

Bama flags showed up again after Saban was hired but it won't last long.

I've definitely noticed a large increase in the number of Auburn flags on automobiles.

I've also definitely noticed a large decrease in the number of Alabama flags on automobiles.

I noticed this phenominon of the flags/etc. showing up everywhere after the $aban hire.

But I've also noticed lots of :au: window stickers or license plates.

I noticed this phenominon of the flags/etc. showing up everywhere after the $aban hire.

You will never take Birmingham! It is only 40 minutes away from T-town. :poke:

One thing I've always noticed about the difference between :au: fans and Bammers is that the Auburn fans may decorate his car with flags and tiger tails for the trip to a game or for tailgating but for everyday driving it is usually a small decal or the license plate. The typical Bammer has Roll Tahd across his back window in letters 2 feet tall, a hounds tooth hat on the cracked vinyl dashboard, a chain tag border around his commemorative 1992 National Chump license plate, and 4 foot flag hanging from his CB antenna.

All the Bammers cars look like they got pimped by a redneck Xzibit.

One thing I've always noticed about the difference between :au: fans and Bammers is that the Auburn fans may decorate his car with flags and tiger tails for the trip to a game or for tailgating but for everyday driving it is usually a small decal or the license plate. The typical Bammer has Roll Tahd across his back window in letters 2 feet tall, a hounds tooth hat on the cracked vinyl dashboard, a chain tag border around his commemorative 1992 National Chump license plate, and 4 foot flag hanging from his CB antenna.

The only thing that stands out in that paragraph is ......National Championship. :poke:

The only thing that stands out in that paragraph is ......National Championship. :poke:

Too bad it was 15 years ago. The new recruits are too young to even remember it. The current prospects weren't even alive.

The only thing that stands out in your sentence is ......Auburn owns Bama :au:

i live in brookhighland off of 280 and i garuntee that 280\inverness area is 95% auburn alums

That's where I live too.

Again, it's probably due to alot of young professionals that live and work in that area.

i live in brookhighland off of 280 and i garuntee that 280\inverness area is 95% auburn alums

That's where I live too.

Again, it's probably due to alot of young professionals that live and work in that area.

none of those coming out of the west vance area.

Last year the Bham News had an article about the Auburn and Alabama license plates in Jefferson County ... Auburn clearly outnumbered the Alabama license plates. The article did not mention this but from observation, UAT leads in sales of the goofiest most comical looking hat (i.e. the hounds tooth hat).

Be still my heart....I would have not believed it if told me this when I lived in bammerham 7 years ago. I thought I would have been be dead and gone to heaven before we would have turn bammerham into a orange and blue city... :roflol::lmao: You guys keep up the good work up there :cheer: and to all the :puke::ua::shoot: that I know in bammerham :moon:

You will never take Birmingham! It is only 40 minutes away from T-town. :poke:

Courtney Taylor was closer than that. :roflol:

:au::homer:

What's that smell???? :puke:

:au::homer:

Where is this piano bar???

5 points, Right next to Bell Bottom's. It used to be called Fletcher's.

FineSCUM is the only one still trying to save Bammerham as a UAT stronghold. He spouts out his "snide remarks" and "cutting comments" about Auburn daily to a large radio audience with virtually nobody to challenge him. Real Auburn fans have quit calling him because he loves to degrade and try and embarrass them on the air. IF anyone out there thinks this man is "neutral" or "unbiased" in is program content, then they are seriously in need of prescribed medication. We need a program that represents our viewpoint and interests............ :thumbsup:

in 2001 I moved to Hoover after Graduation and I would say it was around 90% Auburn stickers on cars. Now I live in Mobile and It is 50 50 Bama and Auburn.

ah, mobile used to be so heavily bammer it was scary, good to hear that we're starting to take over.

Archived