College Republicans new game

CCTAU

I think instead of pretending, they should get out and search for truly illegal individuals and turn them in to INS. Then publish just what INS is doing with the information.

THE COLLEGE REPUBLICAN'S NEW GAME

The College Republicans are under fire for their "Catch an illegal" game. The object of the game? No, you don't catch an actual illegal alien...just somebody playing one. But you do win a prize. Howard Dean and the DNC are calling on the RNC to stop it...but they say they have no control over the College Republicans. So who's right..and is it really racist?

First of all, everything gets called racist...without anyone really knowing what the term means. Racism is defined in the dictionary as the belief that one race is inherently superior to another. The game is called "Catch An Illegal" not "Catch a Hispanic." Now...a more accurate description might be that it's insensitive, but hardly racist.

And the game would seem to be quite popular. They played the game last year in several states and even drew several students at NYU this year. I wonder what the prize is? Anyway, the RNC condemned the game too...but says they can't make the College Republicans stop. It would be something if the group told the DNC and the RNC to stick it...and kept on playing their game.

All this publicity will probably create even more interest in it. The rule of unintended consequences...if Democrats had not complained, nobody would know about it.

link

Kind of short-term funny and long-term stupid, if you ask me. After all, there is a growing Hispanic voting base in this country that will soon be a larger part of the electorate than blacks. And, while illegal immigration is something that has to be dealt with, this isn't exactly a good way to endear the GOP to this powerful bloc of voters.

otter, are you aware of a growing Hispanic voting base, as well as LEGALS from other countries, who are upset over the free pass illegals are getting when others have played by the rules are getting screwed ? I guess the politicians aren't worried about the complaints from 'legals', because they're such a minority of the minority , it's not that big a deal.

otter, are you aware of a growing Hispanic voting base, as well as LEGALS from other countries, who are upset over the free pass illegals are getting when others have played by the rules are getting screwed ? I guess the politicians aren't worried about the complaints from 'legals', because they're such a minority of the minority , it's not that big a deal.

Raptor, aside from the guy who rakes your leaves, do you actually know any Hispanics on an ongoing basis? Well, I know plenty of Hispanics, both as friends and colleagues. And, while they certainly agree there's an issue with illegal entry into the country, they are simultaneously very sensitive to these kinds of characterizations--chiefly because they get lumped in with the illegals. And a Republican organization sponsoring this type of stuff essentially alienates a growing voter base that, from a social issue standpoint, is a potential constituency is stupid beyond belief.

Raptor, aside from the guy who rakes your leaves, do you actually know any Hispanics on an ongoing basis? Well, I know plenty of Hispanics, both as friends and colleagues. And, while they certainly agree there's an issue with illegal entry into the country, they are simultaneously very sensitive to these kinds of characterizations--chiefly because they get lumped in with the illegals. And a Republican organization sponsoring this type of stuff essentially alienates a growing voter base that, from a social issue standpoint, is a potential constituency is stupid beyond belief.

otter, do your friends say if they ever get harassed? I wonder if they get the suspicious, discriminating stares in public or ever have anyone demand to see their 'green card?' Do they speak with Hispanic accents, or, were they born here?

I wonder, otter, do your friends say if they ever get harassed? I'm wonder if they get the suspicious, discriminating stares in public or ever have anyone demand to see their 'green card?' Do they speak with Hispanic accents, or, were they born here?

Only when I go to New York.

I wonder, otter, do your friends say if they ever get harassed? I'm wonder if they get the suspicious, discriminating stares in public or ever have anyone demand to see their 'green card?' Do they speak with Hispanic accents, or, were they born here?

Actually, yes. One friend of mine is a mortgage banker who moved here from Texas. He says the atmosphere is far better in Alabama than it was in Texas, but even as a third-generation American he heard all kinds of crap in Texas.

My point of all this is that if the Republican party wants to have any shot at cultivating this base (which, by the way is socially conservative and highly entrepreneurial--a perfect fit), they better wise up.

Actually, yes. One friend of mine is a mortgage banker who moved here from Texas. He says the atmosphere is far better in Alabama than it was in Texas, but even as a third-generation American he heard all kinds of crap in Texas.

My point of all this is that if the Republican party wants to have any shot at cultivating this base (which, by the way is socially conservative and highly entrepreneurial--a perfect fit), they better wise up.

I agree. Wise up and ship all illegals back to where they come from.

Archived