MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

Look at the positive, at least you are in a game where you need your closer.

Y'all are sucking because you got the nanner hoodoo. (See above post) Ask nicely and I might take it back...

Nah, we sucked way before that. But I'll try anything. Please take it back?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at the positive, at least you are in a game where you need your closer.

Y'all are sucking because you got the nanner hoodoo. (See above post) Ask nicely and I might take it back...

Nah, we sucked way before that. But I'll try anything. Please take it back?

Well, O-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY... but only because I likes ya'...

:nanner::shoot:

But I reserve the right to re-do that hoodoo I do so well again should the Cards somehow get their Mojo back... :big:

Just thought I would chime in here real quick and ask all you National Leaguers...how about those Red Sox?!

<Ranger12 knocks on wood after being cocky about his Sox>

Red Sox win 13-3, lose 14-0.

Polarizing game, ain't it?

Yeah, kind of a weird way for a doubleheader to end up, but that is baseball for you. Another example...I umpired an 11-12 year old game today where an undefeated team got beat in 3 innings because of the 15 run rule by the last place team who had not won a game all season.

Of course, we do not have to look any further then our very own SEC to see that also. Auburn, UAT, UGA, Florida, and LSU struggle all year while Vandy not only dominates the conference, but is the top ranked program in the nation for a good part of the season. Vandy for crying out loud! :lol:

Back to the Red Sox, I will admit that playing so good this early and having the best record while also having the biggest lead over the second place team that anybody else has, it does make me worry. I am hearing terms like "The Super Sox" being thrown around and quite frankly I won't to strangle the person when they say that. There is a lot of baseball to be played and 2004 notwithstanding, it is the Red Sox afterall, and that makes me pessimistic.

Hey Jarhead - want Woody boy back now? I'l throw in TWO bags of peanuts.

SIX #%^$@*%^ home runs yesterday - granted, he didn't give them ALL up, but still.... He was gone in the THIRD FREAKING INNING. Waste of money...

SIX HOME RUNS. :angry::angry::angry::angry: TO THE FREAKING RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jarhead - want Woody boy back now? I'l throw in TWO bags of peanuts.

SIX #%^$@*%^ home runs yesterday - granted, he didn't give them ALL up, but still.... He was gone in the THIRD FREAKING INNING. Waste of money...

SIX HOME RUNS. :angry::angry::angry::angry: TO THE FREAKING RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's miles better than the "pitcher" known as Kip Wells.

The only thing I want at this point in the season is for Pujols to hit 30 HRs, just to keep his streak alive. And to finish above the Reds.

Mets get spanked again by the Braves. Braves now lead the season series 5-2.

Mets better watch out. The Braves cut Redman today. I swear they could have let Andruw Jones pitch in Redman's spot and he would do better.

I'm gonna be in the stands for the Mets Braves matchup tomorrow. I wanted to go thur for the glavine smoltz game, but it didn't work with the schedule.

Chuck James vs Oliver Perez

John Smoltz vs Tom Glavine

I like my chances to get 1/2 and stay 1.5 games back. Take 'em both and all of a sudden we're in front. I like that too.

Ugh, Oliver Perez has looked like a hall of famer against the Braves this year. I don't get it. They just CANT hit the guy.

We won yesterday. We won today. If we win tomorrow, that's called a winning streak. It has happened before.

I made this statement last month

THE ASTROS ARE DEAD & BURIED. :OnTheCan:

Can't hit, don't know why they even take bats with them, don't know how to use them.

I've seen better attempts at hitting from middle school teams.

Right now I believe Round Rock would whip the stros 2 out of 3.

Hurry September, get this crappy summer base-sa-ball season over. :puke1:

Can't wait for the KState game.

You say that, but I bet you're like me. The game comes on, and all of a sudden, you forget about how crappy they are, and you start rooting like it's game 7 of the World Series.

Puppies are cute.

Have you written off the season already? Weren't you guys 15-30 two years ago, and forced a game 7 in the NLCS?

I'm telling y'all, minor league baseball is where it's at...cheap, cool nicknames, good promotions, hardly a bad seat in the park and you get to see up-and-comers.

You say that, but I bet you're like me. The game comes on, and all of a sudden, you forget about how crappy they are, and you start rooting like it's game 7 of the World Series.

Yeah, I'm like that. Just a little disappointed in the way the season is going & no fix is in the future.

Hurry up September

Puppies are cute.
Have you written off the season already? Weren't you guys 15-30 two years ago, and forced a game 7 in the NLCS?

Season? What season? Football season doesn't start until August.

I think there's a major league baseball team in Houston, but last time I checked, they were a traveling practice squad, providing batting practice and ground ball drills.

Freaking Disastros...

Breaking news: Mike Gonzalez is out for the season.

Braves left-handed pitcher Mike Gonzalez will have ligament transplant surgery on his throwing elbow and will be sidelined for 12-14 months. The news came after Gonzalez had his third MRI in New York on Thursday. An incomplete tear of the ulnar collateral ligament was discovered. Although it was not a complete tear, the "Tommy John" surgery — and the normal rehab time — will still be required.

Gonzalez was acquired during the offseason in a trade with the Pirates for first baseman Adam LaRoche. He was 2-0 this season with a 1.59 ERA and two saves.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/b...26gonzalez.html

How in the heck is it that a player can argue a call and get thrown out with little effort but nothing is done to the jackass ump when he goes after the player and gets in his face?

In the Braves game, Edgar Renteria (rarely says much) argued a call that after the replay shows the ump was wrong. The ump took off his mask and got in Renteria's face. Of course, the incident escalates and in seconds - Renteria is gone. I realize that I had the advantage of replay. But the call is not my problem. That's how baseball works and I wouldn't change it.

Now when a player is being a belligerent a**, I have no problem with throwing him out. But how is it justified if the ump removes his mask and gets in the players face. Is there any punishment for umps when they cross the line? This just hacks me off.

BTW, I'm having a bad day and want to vent a little.

MDM, I saw that game and I can't blame Edgar for being upset. That umpire was making a sorry pitcher look like an all-star. He was calling outside strikes that were in the opposite batters box, and low strikes well below the knee.

It was frustrating to watch. I hate when a bad pitcher gets turned into something unhitable thanks to the ump.

And the Gonzalez injury is going to hurt, bad. Aside from Soriano and Wickman (and sometimes Yates), our bullpen is garbage. Paronto should be pitching single A ball, McBride has sucked since last year.

Chipper also needs to get healthy. Having to play Woodward is KILLING us.

It was frustrating to watch. I hate when a bad pitcher gets turned into something unhitable thanks to the ump Cardinals.

That sums up the season.

Soft tossin' lefties own the Cardinals this year (and have the past two really).

NL Central as a whole is down. We're 7-10 over the last 2 1/2 weeks, and have gained 2 1/2 games on the Brewers. Shesh.

Well tonight's game should be interesting. Sheets vs Smoltzie. I don't know if the Brew Crew can hit Smoltz at all. Maybe we take the next two and help you guys out.

I swear Moyer pitching against us last week was frustrating. The guy throws an 81mp FASTBALL. And he looked like Cy Young out there.

Archived