MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans in NY don't deserve A-Rod now after the crap they gave him last year.

I agree.

he hit another one man he is killing the ball he now has 30 rbi's Im sure he will set the all time mark for hr's in the month of April held by AP, he has 9 more games this month , the braves looked good tonight also. Chipper ripped one tonight

The fans in NY don't deserve A-Rod now after the crap they gave him last year.

I agree.

he hit another one man he is killing the ball he now has 30 rbi's Im sure he will set the all time mark for hr's in the month of April held by AP, he has 9 more games this month , the braves looked good tonight also. Chipper ripped one tonight

I thought Barkley summed it up pretty well this afternoon. He said that he hoped A-Rod won the MVP, AL East and the World Series and then told the Yankees to go to hell.

Marquis vs Reyes today. You watch, Jason freakin' Marquis is going to look like Bob Gibson, Cy Young, and Roger Clemens rolled up in one.

Good luck today, you Cubbie bears...

Fox sports can kiss it. I understand showing the Yankees-Red Sox game nationally...but why block out the showing of it on MLB.TV. I have a subscription so that I can watch the game not covered in my area...if Fox doesn't want to show the Cubs game, that's OK, but atleast let it be broadcast over the internet. It's not like I am going to watch the Yankees-Red Sox game now because my game is not on...OK...I probably will...but I won't like it...

Can you listen to the cubs broadcast on MLB Gameday?

Can you listen to the cubs broadcast on MLB Gameday?

I was listening to it on XM coming back from Noah's game, but I am not sure about mlb gameday audio. I turned it on right before Barrett hit his homer, so if things start going south, I will listen in the car for the rest of the afternoon. :) I am keeping up with it on the live stats gameday until that point.

BTW, it Reyes a playa? He wears that hat with no curve whatsoever...

I'm guessing you stayed in your car? How come every time I watch the Cubs/Cards on TV, Michael Barrett hits a home run?

I really wish i knew what was wrong with the Cardinals bats. I'd point to Pujols, but it's not like Rolen and Edmonds are really doing anything, either.

And I thought Pie looked good in the outfield, they said on Fox that Lou said that Soriano will be put in LF, when he comes back.

Anyway, rubber game tomorrow.

I'm guessing you stayed in your car? How come every time I watch the Cubs/Cards on TV, Michael Barrett hits a home run?

I really wish i knew what was wrong with the Cardinals bats. I'd point to Pujols, but it's not like Rolen and Edmonds are really doing anything, either.

And I thought Pie looked good in the outfield, they said on Fox that Lou said that Soriano will be put in LF, when he comes back.

Anyway, rubber game tomorrow.

Agreeance about Pie, but I have been following this and the Auburn game here on the computer while the rest of the family napped...

Good luck tomorrow.

Do I have to post this AGAIN? You guys are making me sick... :puke:

"Good luck, Cubbie fan..." (in a sickly sweet voice) :hearts:

"Good luck, Card fan..." (simper simper, giggle) :wub:

Geez, guys, it's still WAAAAYYY too early in the season :slapfh: - it ain't time to be playing all nice and kissy kissy. :kiss3: You want to kick some ass and stay above 500. Kissy face comes after you have been eleminated from post season play and have to find someone else to pull for.

You guys get a room.

Good luck, Astros. Biggio is sooo dreamy. Garner for president in 2008!!!

FRIGGIN Pujhols... :puke1:

That make you feel better Jenny? What would really make me feel better is to see Wade FREAKING Miller actually pitch like he's not afraid.

Loveable losers my a$$. I want to win, and win now.

Oh, by the way, good luck next weekend to your Cards Jarhead. :campfire:

Well, all I know is my red sox hit 4, read it, 4 back to back homers. Or should I say back to back to back to back. Manny, Lowell, Drew, and Varitek.

Much better.

And Biggio IS dreamy, esp when his old ass is cranking out grand slams... :cheer:

Our middle relief still sucks. With no hope for improvement in sight either.

*sigh*

Sometimes I wish Pujols was as big of a "hole" as Bonds, so I could hate him.

Alas, he is un-hateable.

Unless your name is Brad FREAKING Lidge...

How has Lidge been doing in relief? I haven't really looked at him since he coughed up some runs to the Cards the first weekend, and then I saw where he was yanked out off the closer role. If he does decent in relief, would he be trade bait? Maybe some team would think he just needs a change of location.

Would any one here want Lidge on their team? I'll be honest, when he's on, he's on. Just seems like the Cards are in his head.

How has Lidge been doing in relief? I haven't really looked at him since he coughed up some runs to the Cards the first weekend, and then I saw where he was yanked out off the closer role. If he does decent in relief, would he be trade bait? Maybe some team would think he just needs a change of location.

Would any one here want Lidge on their team? I'll be honest, when he's on, he's on. Just seems like the Cards are in his head.

He sucks no matter where they put him - an ERA of 10.13 right now with 5.1 IP. If I leave the room with the Astros ahead, and come back two innings later and they are losing, I know he is or has been on the mound. He is early 30s and it is a bit late for a comeback. He worked with Nolan all off season on some problem with his mechanics - and apparently that was time Nolan probably wishes he had back. Yeah, when he's on he's on, but these days, he ain't never on...

He lives in Colorado in the offseason - maybe the Rockies would take him for three bags of peanuts and some q-tips. I was hoping he would get traded before the season began and people realized just how freaking bad he really sucks.

I swear to F------ goodness you could take the exact quotes from Cubs players last year and insert them into the papers this year. I feel like I am watching the EXACT same team and reading the EXACT same quotes. "We all know we have a championship caliber team", "Sure, it would be nce to be in first place now, but first place at the end is all that matters", "We have a good team and we will hit our stride eventually" "it's only April, there is a lot of time left to get back on track"....blah....blah....blah....blah

The Cubs are 0-8 in 2 run games. I can't figure it out...I am truely puzzled. I do like Lou and think that he will be better than Dusty, but I don't get it. How can one team have so good of players and choke. And it is coming from people that were solid last year. Hyer and Howry were automatic coming out of the per last year. Who knows...

I will say this though, I really don't think Lou is going to sit around and keep losing. If the Cubs don't start winning, look for Lou to do something HUGELY drastic to try and get a spark.

I think you'll be fine. Soriano has been injured. You can't tell me that that 2-1 game against St Louis on Friday he wouldn't have had some impact on. Is only AB during the series, he smoked a double down the line. It was crucial that the Cards took that series with him basically out.

The other thing that really scares me about you guys is that while Lee is hitting, he's not going yard. Once he finds the home run stroke, your runs a game are going to jump.

But yes, I thought Lou was going to go berserk on Friday when your guy was tagged out at second after sliding off the bag while stealing on the 3-2 count. I hope he loses it Friday night at Busch, I might have some tickets for it. And I'm talking about kicking dirt on the umpire, tossing first base, ejecting the umpire type behavior. :)

Anybody see this?

I hope MLB doesn't do anything drastic. It's not like the Royals were playing harder for 4 bottles of Champiegn. I hope this gets cleared up wthout a suspension or a fine....this is a bit picky if you ask me. If he sent them 4 bottles to lose I could see where it would be a problem, but this is no big deal IMO.

Archived