MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

With the new baby sleeping days and rocking and rolling all night, it was two days into the season before I realized MLB had started. And the stupid Disastros were in their normal position - sucking butt. SO in essence, I didn't miss SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!! But so you won't all be deprived of my throughts any longer, here's my commentary on what I am just now getting around to reading...

Hard week for the Cards, three games with the Mets and then go to Houston for three.

You should be shot for using "hard week" and "Houston" in the same breath, unless you were INTENTIONALLY trying for sarcasm...

And I know Houston fans have to be wondering how much longer will Garner stick with Lidge. How short is that leash?

It would be a lot shorter if it had been wrapped tightly around Garner's neck. Lidge is DONE. D-O-N-E. Lights Out is now Light "em Up. WTH was Garner THINKING????????????????

I think I need to sacrifice some chickens to Joe Boo to get the Cardinals bats to wake up.

No, all it takes for Pujols to break his slump was for the stupid Astros announcer to say "Hey, Pujols is 0 for 15 right now..." and WHAMMO... Someone in the Crawford Boxes gets a souvineir... :angry:

You know it's off to a bad season when I went to the NCAA Hockey Final tonight, and didn't once check the score of the Cards game.

Houston won 5-1. :poke:

And FINALLY were no longer the only team in ALL OF FREAKING MLB without a win...

Cards bats seem to have woken up today, 4-0 in the 8th as I write this.

And we all know what happened in the FREAKING NINTH INNING, now don't we? Bastidges. Cards BATTED AROUND??? That only happens in Little League. ^#%$#&%$!!! At least it sealed the coffin on Lidge, if one MUST find a silver lining...

Anyone know off hand when are they going to make up the Houston/Chicago game?

WHO gives a ****... just go ahead and give it to Chi.

Cannot believe it - it is STILL APRIL and I am already asking...

IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenny, that might one of my favorite posts ever.

I figure some of you MLB seamheads will get a chuckle out of this...

getfuzzy2007041261835.jpg

I am trying to focus on the good things... like losing 30 pounds, only 18 of which was gained during pregnancy. The Stros should do the same - lose major weight by PUNTING BRAD LIDGE THE [expletitive deleted] OUTTA THE JUICE BOX!!!!!!! AND THE REST OF THE [expletitive deleted] BULL PEN WITH HIM.

WE HAD THE FREAKING LEAD AGAINST THE STUPID PHILLIES.

Bastidges. It's a good thing I was not preggers during this season, or else I would be in premature labor from all the screaming at the tv.

And it ain't even a month old yet. I will be hypertensive before June.

Pujols with 2 HR and 5 RBI today vs the Brewers. :cheer::cheer:

Pujols, Smujols.

How bout Carlos Lee with THREE HR, including a grand slam, and 6 RBI against... somebody. Philly maybe? Hey, I am doing good to remember my own name these days... Yeah, it was Philly... we won 9-6.

And will miracles never cease, the bi-annual appearance of Morgan Ensberg's baseball talent appears to be in the works. He hit a walk off single to break the tie with 2 out and two on in the bottom of the 9th last night - after two stupid Marlins guys bobbled a fly ball in foul territory. Next pitch was the game winner. Wow - Magic Wandy got the win, and the Astros are at .500!!!! 6-6. Someone alert the media.

<_<

If all women were sports fans like Jenny, the world would be a better place.

Meanwhile, we lead the AL East and Daisuke Matsuzaka takes the mound again today!

Good luck this weekend, WE!!! and fanatc. I love it when the Cards play the Cubs. The only time I've been to Wrigley was to watch a Redbirds series.

Great sign in right field cracked me up. It was a Miller Lite sign and said, "Hey, STL, it's not in the cards."

Good luck this weekend, WE!!! and fanatc. I love it when the Cards play the Cubs. The only time I've been to Wrigley was to watch a Redbirds series.

Great sign in right field cracked me up. It was a Miller Lite sign and said, "Hey, STL, it's not in the cards."

Just tell your guys to take it easy on the poor old beaten down Cubs...

Good thing we spent that much money in the offseason, or who knows how bad a team we would have.

Good luck to you and the Cards, Jarhead.

Hey fanatic. Pie is playing pretty good. Do you think if he keeps it up, he stays in the Bigs. I thought no way at the first of the year, but with the Cubs struggling right now who knows. One thing I like about Lou, he changes things! If he doesn't like how things are going, he doesn't sit around and wait for them to get better. Anychance we see Pie as permanant CF, Soriano moved to left, and trade either Murton or Jones? It will be interesting to see if Pir keeps playing well.

I watched him play the other day against the Padres and he is talented. Pierre has NOTHING on this kids speed. He hit a double to the wall and was at second base as fast as anyone I have seen. He also has a cannon from CF. If he keeps hitting...and gets a chance to play...I am thinking ROY... :)

G"ood luck, Cubbie fan..." (in a sickly sweet voice) :hearts:

"Good luck, Card fan..." (simper simper, giggle) :wub:

Geez, guys, it's still WAAAAYYY too early in the season :slapfh: - it ain't time to be playing all nice and kissy kissy. :kiss3: You want to kick some ass and stay above 500. Kissy face comes after you have been eleminated from post season play and have to find someone else to pull for.

You guys get a room.

Hey fanatic. Pie is playing pretty good. Do you think if he keeps it up, he stays in the Bigs. I thought no way at the first of the year, but with the Cubs struggling right now who knows. One thing I like about Lou, he changes things! If he doesn't like how things are going, he doesn't sit around and wait for them to get better. Anychance we see Pie as permanant CF, Soriano moved to left, and trade either Murton or Jones? It will be interesting to see if Pir keeps playing well.

I watched him play the other day against the Padres and he is talented. Pierre has NOTHING on this kids speed. He hit a double to the wall and was at second base as fast as anyone I have seen. He also has a cannon from CF. If he keeps hitting...and gets a chance to play...I am thinking ROY... :)

If anyone cares, it can be argued a very nonchalant effort by Izturis on a routine Matt Diaz grounder that Diaz beat out was the turning point in the Cubs/Braves game yesterday.

Pie looked very good defensively to me; yes, If I'm the Cubbies, I trade Jones, possibly for bullpen help, and move Soriano to LF.

From what I've read, it seems Rich Hill is off to a phenomenal start. Why the sudden turnaround?

After the last couple of games, I am very impressed. I think they would be better off shopping Jacque Jones around for a quality starter or some middle relief help and move Soriano over there.

Pie is a star waiting to explode IMO, but I was surprised to see him up so soon until I heard about Soriano's injury.

If anyone cares, it can be argued a very nonchalant effort by Izturis on a routine Matt Diaz grounder that Diaz beat out was the turning point in the Cubs/Braves game yesterday.

Pie looked very good defensively to me; yes, If I'm the Cubbies, I trade Jones, possibly for bullpen help, and move Soriano to LF.

From what I've read, it seems Rich Hill is off to a phenomenal start. Why the sudden turnaround?

I was not able to watch the game the other day so I am not sure what play you are talking about. But if I am guessing, you are going to analize everything Izturis does just to try and make your point.

As far as Hill goes, last year the Cubs rushed him up in my opinion. The Cubs needed starting pitching last year and had no chice but to force him to start some games. He has always had good stuff and everybody always talked about his potential. The difference is this year he has earned the spot in the rotation by having a good spring and making pitches. He has a HUGE breaking ball and is controlling it this year.

I am not sure if the Cubs are going to need bullpen help. They sent down Guzman in orer to bring up Pie since Soriano is not on the DL. And...with possibly Wood coming into the bullpen you may have help there. He was good last year out of the bullpen. Also, Dempster is pitching well again and Eyre, Ohman and Howry are going to be solid. They have ahad a few bad games but I think they will be ok throughout the year.

If you're talking about the call in the 9th, I disagree. He was clearly off the bag, after touching it.

I guess I will have to watch the highlights now. I was following on mlb.com gameday live, and couldn't figure out what happened at the end.

Yeah...he was...but that sums up the freaking Cubs...what a freak out.

First though, you have 2 men on with no outs and you can't advance the runners. Blanco sucks for not being able to get the bunt down and I think Izturis needs to be pinch hit for in that situation...you need a contact hitter at the plate in that situation.

Also, if the Cubs are going to use Murton of the bench, we might as well trade him. I think he is a good player and don't want to trade him, but he is no good, this year or last, off of the bench. He get's too impatient. I have seen way too many times he comes up and swings at every pitch he sees when he pitch hits...he is a much better hitter when he is able to get in the flow of the game...IMO...

I guess I will have to watch the highlights now. I was following on mlb.com gameday live, and couldn't figure out what happened at the end.

Cedeno is on first with one out with I can't remember who up to bat...anyway...the count goes full and Cedeno takes off on the pitch. The pitch was a ball walking the batter but Molena throws to 2nd anyway. Cedeno is hustling, and slides into the bag...but he comes off the bag after he touched it. Eckstein fields the ball and tags Cedeno when he comes off the bag. Cedeno would have had 2nd base free anyway...but since he touched the bag, and then came off of it, he was called out. That makes 2 outs with a runner on first instead of one out with runeers on both first and second. Murton then swings at the next pitch...why I am not sure becuase Isringhausen had just walked the guy in front of him...and he pops up to short...freaking crap!

That's not to mention the man on first and second with no outs in the freaking 8th that stay that way...

Okay, I think it is finally time...

Anyone have a goat they don't mind losing?

I get sick of the same old thing too, maybe the new owner will be George Steinbrenner so he too will feel the same way and something big will happen finally.

Im watching the Yankees and Red Sox on EspnHd and ARod just hit a lazer over the green monster his 11th this year, he has more home runs than 9 Mlb teams!

Archived