MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

Anybody see this?

I hope MLB doesn't do anything drastic. It's not like the Royals were playing harder for 4 bottles of Champiegn. I hope this gets cleared up wthout a suspension or a fine....this is a bit picky if you ask me. If he sent them 4 bottles to lose I could see where it would be a problem, but this is no big deal IMO.

I hate this kind of crap.

Speaking of crap, did anyone but me and Spencer catch that collapse of Titanic proportions in Philly last night? It looked more like Phillies BP than an actual game. Biggio and Berkman both went yard, but the rest was a FREAKING JOKE. 20 hits and 11 runs scored off a multitude of Astros pitchers. Buncha freaking losers. I TOLD YOU our middle relief sucked - but last night, so did our starting pitching. Samson hs GOT to get better, or he will get a return ticket on the Round Rock Express. Hopefully he will get booted to make way for the Rocket, but who am I kidding - he is gonna play for the BoSox since they have a new ace to challenge him for superiority.

As for Lidge - get this... in a losing effort, he gives up two hits, but then K's the next three batters in an outing reminiscent of Lights Out Lidge. His personalities much have switched between batters... cause the dude is SKITZO!!!!!!! The radio guy said this morning that every time Lidge does something good, we just need to be grateful because it ups his trade value... how true, how true.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about Prior, guys. I hate it for him.

Jenny, can you give me a patented "Jenny bashes the Astros" post, please? 5 straight???

No need to ask - I had to take Spencer to the dr for his two month chkup, or else I would have already posted....

WHO THE #$%@% TAKES 16 INNINGS TO PLAY A %%$@% BASEBALL GAME ONLY TO #^&%$#! LOSE??????????

WHO THE #$%@% RALLIES TWICE TO LOAD THE @$$%#@%^& BASES IN SAID 16 INNINGS ONLY TO TOTALLY #%&%#&* CHOKE AT THE PLATE??????????

TO THE FREAKING PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE *%@&^ $#^$#& @$#@%& PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!! They suck SOOOO bad that only 8000 fans showed up for first pitch, and by then end, there were less than 500 people there, COUNTING THE TWO TEAMS!!!!!!!!

And Carlos Freaking Lee had better be damn glad he pulled off that spectacular lay it out sacrifice your body 2 out diving catch in the 9th to send it to extra innings, or I was gonna channel some stupid bammer fan and say "We ain't paying him $100 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS to watch him wiff at every bat..."

And it never fails - they always pull one of these marathon losing efforts the night before a day game. Yep, they go back at it this afternoon. They went so freaking long last night that they should have just started over and kept playing, then taken a nap this afternoon. That was a total waste of a ninth inning rally - they should have just written it off, saved their already sucky relievers, gone to bed and made another pathetic attempt at staying above .500 again today.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... we had to play until FREAKING MIDNIGHT and for WHAT?

JACK.

SQUAT.

Impartial observer alert:

I think your anger with Carlos Lee is misdirected...he's leading the team in HRs (5) and RBIs (20). He's fanned 11 times.

Lance Berkman is the one who needs to get his butt in gear...he's hitting .214 with 2 HRs, 8 RBIs and 20 strikeouts, nearly one a game. You'd figure he'll get it going soon enough, but he's stinking it up right now.

0-6 against the Pirates is pretty sad. Dave Parker and Willie Stargell aren't wearing black and gold any longer.

Impartial observer alert:

I think your anger with Carlos Lee is misdirected...he's leading the team in HRs (5) and RBIs (20). He's fanned 11 times.

Lance Berkman is the one who needs to get his butt in gear...he's hitting .214 with 2 HRs, 8 RBIs and 20 strikeouts, nearly one a game. You'd figure he'll get it going soon enough, but he's stinking it up right now.

0-6 against the Pirates is pretty sad. Dave Parker and Willie Stargell aren't wearing black and gold any longer.

Lance has earned a reprieve from the Wrath of Jenny for the moment - he has carried this team solo plenty of times, and he ain't making $100 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S why I was bashing El Caballo or whatever that stupid nickname is for his performance over the last few games - for that much scratch, he needs to be making actual contact with the ball, and then sending it in some direction other than straight up in the air for any goober with a glove to catch.

During the rain delay of todays Cards game, John Rooney and Mike Shannon had a 2 or 3 minutes discussion on Bo Jackson of all people. Rooney said that Bo had the best outfield arm he had ever seen (Rooney was with the Chicago White Sox for many years as their Radio guy) telling two classic stories.

First, the Sox were playing in KC, while Bo was with the Royals, and with Fisk at 1B, Bo went up the wall to catch the fly, and then threw a one hopper to 1B for the double play.

Second, the first game in Spring Training in Sarasota, Fla, during Bo's first year with Chicago right after hip replacement, Bo hit a HR in his first AB. When he got to the dugout, Robin Ventura told Bo to get out and take a curtain call, since many of the fans had also had the same surgery.

They both agreed that he was still learning the game, and that it was sad that injury robbed him of his prime.

Oh, and the Cards won. :cheer::cheer:

Cubbie Bears tomorrow!!!

Then I'm the guys who take care of the field. "They're ****** again."

Links to the press conferences held at Busch today.

Card's official press conference. KMOV.com

Very classy from Lou: KMOV.com

Cards haven't been this far out of first since the 2001 season, and are off to their worst start in 18 years.

Sigh...

Cards haven't been this far out of first since the 2001 season, and are off to their worst start in 18 years.

Sigh...

And yet your record is no worse than the Cubs so far. At least the Cards saved $2.9 million in the process... :(

Im a Cubs homer...I admit it. But, I think the Cubs have had some bad luck and are about to turn it around big time. The pitching is good...they have given up less runs than only 2 or 3 teams in the majors and Lou has started to get a feel for the team and the line up. I think the bullpen starts pitching like last year and we start a run here. I think that the run has already started to be honest. The cubs are playing good and I was looking for a sweep of the Cards on Sunday before the unfortunate accident happened. Then the Cubs got off hot on Monday but fizzled...that may have had to do something with the events on Sunday. But look for 2 wins today...followed by a hot streak the next couple of weeks... ;)

I expect the Cubs to really challenge the Brewers and Houston for the Central.

Don't EVEN whine to me. Just do NOT go there.

11-2??

Back to back homers?

Yeah, Roger Clemens is gonna be chomping at the bit to come back to THIS suckass team...

Freaking DISASTROS!!!!!!!!!!

Im a Cubs homer...I admit it. But, I think the Cubs have had some bad luck and are about to turn it around big time. The pitching is good...they have given up less runs than only 2 or 3 teams in the majors and Lou has started to get a feel for the team and the line up. I think the bullpen starts pitching like last year and we start a run here. I think that the run has already started to be honest. The cubs are playing good and I was looking for a sweep of the Cards on Sunday before the unfortunate accident happened. Then the Cubs got off hot on Monday but fizzled...that may have had to do something with the events on Sunday. But look for 2 wins today...followed by a hot streak the next couple of weeks... ;)

Started off right finishing up last night's game with an 8-6 W.

Maybe they can build on this past weekend and this game to make a move soon.

I'm glad you said it was a continuation. I saw it at lunch and thought it must have been a replay from yesterday or something. 8th inning at 1pm central time? Was thinking it was setting a record for fastest game ever.

A 2-out bunt for the final out. I'm living in Bizarro world.

But look for 2 wins today

Check and check...since I am on a roll...I will continue. The Cubs will be 19-16 by the end of the day on May 13th :o

But look for 2 wins today

Check and check...since I am on a roll...I will continue. The Cubs will be 19-16 by the end of the day on May 13th :o

I'm holding you to it. :poke:

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but, Jarhead, it looks like you were right about Marquis- He's 4-1 already.

Archived