Hail Mary

AUdmd07

Reading some of the other threads on QBs and arm strength made me wonder.... when was the last time that AU had to try a Hail Mary at the end of a game?

I know I can't recall one in recent years. I know we've had drives where we've won in the last minute or had the chance to win (Ole Miss 03, LSU 04, UGA 05), but when was the last time we've had to chunk the ball 30-40 yards and wait in anticipation?

We haven't in a while because when we lose, we tend to lose badly.

I think the 2002 UGA game may have been a hail mary after they scored. They had that 4th and goal pass. One of the worst no call pass intereferences, but i digress. We've been on both sides of those.

Which brings up another issue. With BC's questionable arm strength. Would we bring in someone else to chunk the ball to get some extra yards? And who would that be? Emsinger? Burns?

I think the 2002 UGA game may have been a hail mary after they scored. They had that 4th and goal pass. One of the worst no call pass intereferences, but i digress. We've been on both sides of those.

Which brings up another issue. With BC's questionable arm strength. Would we bring in someone else to chunk the ball to get some extra yards? And who would that be? Emsinger? Burns?

Oh lord you opened a can of worms now, Weagle will be on here touting his boy Caudle.

The coaches have made it 100% clear that we will live and die by Cox alone. So pray we don't get in that situation.

Oh lord you opened a can of worms now, Weagle will be on here touting his boy Caudle.

You can cheer for a new #2 all you want, but if you start trashin' my boy Brandon the Warrior we will be rolling in the grass. And it won't be a Brokeback Mountain scene, either. :P

By all means....let's dump the proven winner for a chance at a Hail Mary. Come on, now. Let's play Gorgeous Borges' West Coast football.

the closest thing i can remember to a hail mary (successful) was Slack to Wasden against fla.

That was a sweet pass, and Fyffe going ape on the radio made it even sweeter.

FYI, Jason "The Terrible, only one lucky not sucky year, good thing we tricked the NFL into drafting him" Campbell has the longest pass in Auburn football history.

FYI, Jason "The Terrible, only one lucky not sucky year, good thing we tricked the NFL into drafting him" Campbell has the longest pass in Auburn football history.

And I was there, La Tech. 2004.

congratulations Slug

I wasn't... working the desk as an RA. Only games I missed in college were rent-a-wins, this game included.

I think the 2002 UGA game may have been a hail mary after they scored. They had that 4th and goal pass. One of the worst no call pass intereferences, but i digress.

It wasn't called because it wasn't pass interference. Just because MJ put his hands down doesn't mean he pushed off. I think most on here have since said that your secondary player tripped which is why he fell. MJ never pushed him down.

I think the 2002 UGA game may have been a hail mary after they scored. They had that 4th and goal pass. One of the worst no call pass intereferences, but i digress.

It wasn't called because it wasn't pass interference. Just because MJ put his hands down doesn't mean he pushed off. I think most on here have since said that your secondary player tripped which is why he fell. MJ never pushed him down.

You're correct SouthLink. Carlos.....I think.....slipped while he was about to make his jump for the ball. Man, that was a great game.....except for the ending, of course.

It wasn't a Hail Mary exactly, but after LSWho scored their "earthquake" TD w/ a minute to go in 1988 (to beat us 7-6 in our only regular season loss), our WR blew by the LSU secondary, right down the middle of the field and our QB slightly overthrew him for what would have been a sure TD. Little remembered last minute "almost" TD pass. The cheering of AU fans in Alabama would have registered on Baton Rouge's seismograph had that one come to fruition...

It wasn't a Hail Mary exactly, but after LSWho scored their "earthquake" TD w/ a minute to go in 1988 (to beat us 7-6 in our only regular season loss), our WR blew by the LSU secondary, right down the middle of the field and our QB slightly overthrew him for what would have been a sure TD. Little remembered last minute "almost" TD pass. The cheering of AU fans in Alabama would have registered on Baton Rouge's seismograph had that one come to fruition...

Some of us dont have much in the memory bank from 1988. :)

Archived