Falcons gonna do it again

saniflush

As a Houston Texans fan, I would like to say.....

THANK YOU ATLANTA!

As a Houston Texans fan, I would like to say.....

THANK YOU ATLANTA!

So now I guess you'll have two QBs who spend the majority of the game on their backs. Texans need OL not QB.

why would they make that move? Ron Mexico is not a durable qb what a terrible move by Petrino.

I think Matt Shaub is going to be a great qb for the texans

They basically traded one of the best backups in the league to move up 2 spots in the first round and two second round picks. I think Atlanta got shortchanged unless they somehow manage to get a WR in the draft or a replacement for Patrick Kerney and Petrino is able to get Vick to complete 60% of his passes. That is a lot of if's. Hopefully Petrino will scrap the West Coast and go to a version of the spread like he ran at Louisville, that would definitely be a better use of Vick's talents than what he has been running IMO.

they traded a player that does not touch the field, has not won a game at his position and is going to be great based on speculation.

could the hate in the thread just be changed to we don't like michael vick at qb and no matter what personnel move(outside of getting rid of vick) it made it will be bad?

I understand where Bellefay is coming from. There's a lot of speculation around Shaub but he's still yet to do anything in the NFL. He may not turn out to be worth much after taking on the responsibility of starting everyday. Who knows?

But when you look at the article, it pretty much tells you it was inevitable anyway. As a restricted free agent, any team could have made him an offer and the Falcons would have had to match it or lose him. They would have wound up with a 1st and a 3rd round pick if they didn't match and they pretty much wound up with that anyway. I imagine if Shaub is highly thought of around the league, he probably would have been snatched up anyway.

To me, Vick is just too freakin' talented for there not to be something there. Maybe Petrino is the "Borges" type coach he needs to get him focused on what he needs to be a true superstar in the NFL. I hope so cause' they have a lot of talent on that team.

I think Petrino might be taking the chance of implementing an offense that solely relies on a dual threat QB. Think about who the backup is now - DJ Shockley. Maybe Petrino saw more of a benefit to having the same type of QBs to install an easier offense.

Anthony Wright is gonna be the backup. So you think they should have keep him another ye. then let him go to free agency & not get the two 2nd round picks? :no:

Either way it wouldn't matter whether the Falcons kept him or not. Vick will be Vick and do just enough not to get benched but also do just enough to lose. Hopefully Old Joe Horn can give you guys a boost but I doubt it.

Go Saints.

they traded a player that does not touch the field, has not won a game at his position and is going to be great based on speculation.

could the hate in the thread just be changed to we don't like michael vick at qb and no matter what personnel move(outside of getting rid of vick) it made it will be bad?

It's not hate, it's simple fact. Mike Vick sucks as a quarterback. And he doesn't rate very high as a human being either.

I am really torn. As a David Carr fan, I am sad that he is all but gone now. I can only hope that he will go and be successful with another team - he is a very talented QB, but just was not given a decent chance at survival with the CRAPPY OL that we have had since day 1. Sack a man enough times and hell yeah he will get gun shy! He probably hears defender footsteps in his dreams. I will miss his gorgeous self.

As a Texans fan, however, I am THRILLED that we are getting a fresh start. Now maybe they will actually PROTECT this QB? What a concept...

good trade for the coons

how does anyone know how good shuab is????

I don't really have a dog in the fight except I like to see the Falcons lose. They broke my heart too many times back in Steve Barkowski's day. I personally think Shaub is just as serviceable as Vick is without the off the field problems.

This year will tell the tell. The pro Vick'ers are saying that Vick was never allowed to change plays at the line. The Con Vick'ers say he was to dumb to change the play. He will have his chance to shine this year in that regard. As is always the case if Houston doesn't get a line to block it won't matter who is under center because they will be on their back.

good trade for the coons

how does anyone know how good shuab is????

I don't really have a dog in the fight except I like to see the Falcons lose. They broke my heart too many times back in Steve Barkowski's day. I personally think Shaub is just as serviceable as Vick is without the off the field problems.

This year will tell the tell. The pro Vick'ers are saying that Vick was never allowed to change plays at the line. The Con Vick'ers say he was to dumb to change the play. He will have his chance to shine this year in that regard. As is always the case if Houston doesn't get a line to block it won't matter who is under center because they will be on their back.

Exactly, Carr could go on to a team that has what is known by every other team as an offensive line and do great. Shaub has been a backup, sure he might have all of the "tools" to be good, but so did Carr. I personally think they should've went after Croyle, at least he knows how to take a sack!!! WDE

I am late to this thread but I want to give my 2 cents.

Vick is in his what....7th season? I think the time to make drastic changes to his game are gone. He had the West Coast Offense the last few years...where QB's completion % is ususally high yet he could barely get 50%?

Petrino may have some success with Vick here and there and the Falcons may get to the playoffs 1-2 times in the next few years but they wont ever be a consistent, deep-playoff winner with him.

Archived