Tony Snow

TexasTiger

Could he be more full of it?

Snow Flashback: ‘I’m Not Going To Tell Congress What They Can And Can’t Do’

White House Press Secretary Tony Snow appeared on the morning talk shows on all the major networks and repeated his talking point that Congress “has no oversight responsibility over the White House.” A sampling of his statements:

There’s another principle, which is Congress doesn’t have the legislative — I mean oversight authority over the White House. [CNN, 3/22/07]

First, the White House is under no compulsion to do anything. The legislative branch doesn’t have oversight. [MSNBC, 3/22/07]

Congress doesn’t have any legitimate oversight and responsibilities to the White House. [Fox, 3/22/07]

But back when he was asked whether the conservative-led 109th Congress should be investigating members of the Executive Branch, he was singing a different tune:

QUESTION: What is the president’s opinion of a request by Republican leaders in the House to launch an investigation of Sandy Berger’s involvement in the removal of classified documents from the National Archives?

SNOW: There were questions last week, about investigations involving Republican members. Members of Congress have their own oversight obligations. They may proceed as they wish. They’re a separate and co-equal branch of government and I’m not going to tell them what they can and can’t do. [briefing, 10/16/06]

White House Press Secretary Tony Snow appeared on the morning talk shows on all the major networks and repeated his talking point that Congress “has no oversight responsibility over the White House.” A sampling of his statements:

There’s another principle, which is Congress doesn’t have the legislative — I mean oversight authority over the White House. [CNN, 3/22/07]

First, the White House is under no compulsion to do anything. The legislative branch doesn’t have oversight. [MSNBC, 3/22/07]

Congress doesn’t have any legitimate oversight and responsibilities to the White House. [Fox, 3/22/07]

But back when he was asked whether the conservative-led 109th Congress should be investigating members of the Executive Branch, he was singing a different tune:

QUESTION: What is the president’s opinion of a request by Republican leaders in the House to launch an investigation of Sandy Berger’s involvement in the removal of classified documents from the National Archives?

SNOW: There were questions last week, about investigations involving Republican members. Members of Congress have their own oversight obligations. They may proceed as they wish. They’re a separate and co-equal branch of government and I’m not going to tell them what they can and can’t do. [briefing, 10/16/06]

So, it appears the Bush regime was for oversight before it was against it.

Dana Plocheck

Houston, Texas

"Lady Bug Chili"

2006 Terlingua International Chili Championship Winner

Dana’s Recipe

In 4-Quart pot brown 2 lbs course ground beef (chili grind) in skillet. After browning, drain meat. Add:

1 can (14-1/2 oz) Swanson beef broth

1 can (8 oz) Hunt’s no-salt tomato sauce

Float 1 jalapeno pepper and 1 serrano pepper. Bring to boil then add Packet #1

Packet #1:

1 Tbsp onion powder (rounded)

2 tsp. garlic powder

1 Tbsp Mexene Chili Powder

Cover and simmer at medium boil for 1 hour. Remove peppers, squeeze juice and set aside. Replace lid and continue medium boil for additional 15 minutes and then add Packet #2.

Packet #2:

2-1/2 Tbsp light chili powder

2-1/2 Tbsp dark chili powder

2 tsp cumin

¼ tsp black pepper

¼ tsp white pepper

¼ tsp cayenne pepper

½ cube Knorr’s beef bullion

½ cube Knorr’s chicken bullion

¼ tsp brown sugar

1 pk Sazon Goya

Continue boiling with lid on for 30 minutes. Then, add juice from peppers and Packet #3.

Packet #3:

2 tsp Mexene Chili Powder

1 tsp cumin

½ tsp salt

Leave covered and simmer for additional 15 minutes and serve.

:roflol::thumbsup:

Bravo, sir. Well played.

applausesmall.gif

President Bush's spokesman, Tony Snow, will be off the job for a while.

The White House announced Tuesday his cancer is back.

Snow beat colon cancer two years ago only to find out after surgery Monday it has spread to his liver.

http://www.wcbd.com/midatlantic/cbd/news.a...03-28-0011.html

So, it appears the Bush regime was for oversight before it was against it.

Man, are you calling him a Democrat? :poke: Leave the poor cancer ridden guy alone.

Archived