ClayNation...funny stuff

flying tiger

I understand the point of the article. But I am offended by his article. There is much more to do in this state.

Note: i do understand this is a joke.

I understand the point of the article. But I am offended by his article. There is much more to do in this state.

Note: i do understand this is a joke.

I'm not offended. He's basically saying that all these Alabama fans have nothing better to do with their time.

Quite frankly, I've been to one A-Day game at Auburn since I graduated. They're all pretty underwhelming.

Although I was a bit disappointed that Nick Saban didn't bring out Mike Shula to announce that henceforth, in Shula's honor, all field goals from inside of 10 yards were going to be referred to as Shulas in the Alabama record book.

Best line in the article.

You guys should be just as bothered by this article as I am. Sure some of the pokes are UA specific. But many are just generalizing people of Alabama. That includes AU fans.

Thats why I'm offended is that he is saying the people of the STATE of Alabama have nothing better to do.

Trust me I definately have something better to do than go see the "savior"...

Like go see the Auburn/Bama baseball game. and attend the Aunation tailgate.

if not that then golf.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Glad to see he's putting that Vandy law degree to good use.

Look at his bio. It's apparent that he doesn't take himself nearly as serious as soe of you take yourselves.

Clay Travis is the only former student manager in the history of college athletics to marry an NFL cheerleader. He managed to pull this off despite an irrational affinity for the television shows Dawson’s Creek and My Super Sweet 16. While being raised in Nashville, Tenn., Travis developed a healthy obsession with college sports and Alyssa Milano. As a teenager his greatest accomplishment was taking a doo-rag wearing Luke Duke (balling as Tom Wopat) to the hole at the Nashville YMCA.

In the midst of a stellar legal career during which he specialized in rewarding the unjust and punishing the oppressed, Travis joined Sportsline’s SPiN section in September 2005. Shortly thereafter Travis made sports journalism history by chronicling MTV’s Gauntlet II in his game diary. He expects his Pulitzer nomination to arrive any day.

Travis has many friends in the CBS universe, but he values no relationship more dearly than his with Southeastern Conference broadcaster Verne Lundquist. This is despite the recent strain in the relationship that has arisen over the fact that Lundquist does not know he exists. Travis is a 2001 graduate of George Washington University and a 2004 graduate of Vanderbilt Law School.

He considers Varsity Blues to be a legitimate work of cinematic genius and believes any suggestion otherwise to be heresy. Despite his legal credentials, he was recently baffled over the distinction between heresy and hearsay. On the positive side, he is an expert on the differences between their, there and they’re, to and too, your and you’re and only wishes his readers were as well.

Clay's first book, "Dixieland Delight: One fan's quest to tour the Southeastern Conference" will be available in bookstores by Aug. 2007.

Travis currently resides in Nashville, Tenn. with his wife Lara where he is a practicing attorney. (His opposition to motion for protective order has been described as Iverson-esque.) He may be reached either via the feedback section of this page or at clay.travis@gmail.com.

He considers Varsity Blues to be a legitimate work of cinematic genius and believes any suggestion otherwise to be heresy.

Or heresay. Or hearsay.

Guest Tigrinum Major
He considers Varsity Blues to be a legitimate work of cinematic genius and believes any suggestion otherwise to be heresy.

Or heresay. Or hearsay.

Excellent hustle.

I like you despite the fact that you refuse to drink beer on a weekday due to excessive X Box playing.

Or heresay. Or hearsay.

Maybe I'm missing an inside joke here, but I hope you're not trying to correct him, as heresy is the proper word and spelling to use there...

Or heresay. Or hearsay.

Maybe I'm missing an inside joke here, but I hope you're not trying to correct him, as heresy is the proper word and spelling to use there...

Yeah, the joke is of the inside nature.

Guest Tigrinum Major

He's not. There is another thread where I spelled "hearsay" incorrectly. And I tried to make a lame joke with the word "heresy" in the same post.

If this were a website that David hates, I'd tell you to read more, post less, but we are kinder and gentler here.

He's not. There is another thread where I spelled "hearsay" incorrectly. And I tried to make a lame joke with the word "heresy" in the same post.

If this were a website that David hates, I'd tell you to read more, post less, but we are kinder and gentler here.

Would be quite hard to read more and post less, as I have 11 (12 now?) posts in about a year of reading. Although I guess it would be easier than say... uat beating Auburn in Tuscaloosa.

Isn't that right, BG? :poke:

I know you LOVE all the talk about the 115 year winless streak. ;)

Archived