PF: "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly"

DKW 86

Very good article for a change.

You can almost hear PF's breath being taken away as he sees the details for the first time.

In looking at Saban's underbelly, I found an alarming number of bad losses. In fact, during the 10 seasons at MSU and LSU, Saban suffered 15 losses of 21 points or more and 10 of those were by 28 points or more. This caught me by surprise, perhaps because Saban is known as a defensive genius. His bowl record of 3-6 also leaves something to be desired.

When Saban's lost, he's been blown out. Look at the scores of his teams, when he's lost -- he's lost big. However, his 91-42 record, 2 SEC titles, and national title keep me from tears.

This is classic Finebaum, by the way.

I know that no coach that has won a national title has ever gone to another team and won another national title. Does anyone know if any coach has ever won the SEC at two different schools?

The more Paul writes bad about Saban, the less chance he gets of ever getting him as a guest.

Your grave, Paul.

I still think PF is just trying to lower the Bammers expectations for next year.

I know that no coach that has won a national title has ever gone to another team and won another national title. Does anyone know if any coach has ever won the SEC at two different schools?

Bear

He won a SEC title at UK and then Bama

Guest Tigrinum Major

By some standards, Bryant won a national championship at both.

See fer yerself...

Of course, Tennessee and Oklahoma might disagree.

There are at least two other coaches that have won a national championship at two schools, but they were both back in the 20's and 30's. I heard them mentioned on the radio, but I'm too lazy to research it.

Very good article for a change.

You can almost hear PF's breath being taken away as he sees the details for the first time.

In looking at Saban's underbelly, I found an alarming number of bad losses. In fact, during the 10 seasons at MSU and LSU, Saban suffered 15 losses of 21 points or more and 10 of those were by 28 points or more. This caught me by surprise, perhaps because Saban is known as a defensive genius. His bowl record of 3-6 also leaves something to be desired.

Saban was very lucky to get the LSU job. LSU was lucky also. It was a perfect opportunity for both. LSU afforded Saban the chance to coach at a school that had a tremendous amount of potential.LSU is the only major football school in the talent rich state of Louisiana ..LSU was a potential gold mine for many reasons.Geographicaly next to talent rich Texas,the gulf coast to Miami,and a sprinkling of Alabama.Mississippi and Georgia prospects makes for a great gumbo. At the time of his hire many fans did not even know who he was.As much as I hate to say it Finebaum exposes Saban to a certain degree.Before LSU and after LSU his record speaks for itself. Losing to UAB ! WTF . The 4 million dollar man is on the real hot seat.The question is how much time will the Bama fans give him?

Saban is without doubt a good coach, but he is also no God. As some Bammers beleive. So, let the Bammers continue to worship their "false Gods" and Tuberville will be their yearly reality check... :chair:

Here's the problem that Saban is going to have with Bama fans and their expectations. It's not an "if" situation with them, it's an expected "when." There's no consideration for ay problems or issues that might arise. No rational understanding of where he is and what he faces. From the Tuscaloosa News on down, the articles and poll questions are along the lines of "will Saban win the national title next season, within three seasons or within five seasons." That he might never have the convergence of luck and timing that he ran into at LSU never crosses their minds. It's not if, it's when. And the rational and logical arguments aren't there to support the certainty of when.

Here's the problem that Saban is going to have with Bama fans and their expectations. It's not an "if" situation with them, it's an expected "when." There's no consideration for ay problems or issues that might arise. No rational understanding of where he is and what he faces. From the Tuscaloosa News on down, the articles and poll questions are along the lines of "will Saban win the national title next season, within three seasons or within five seasons." That he might never have the convergence of luck and timing that he ran into at LSU never crosses their minds. It's not if, it's when. And the rational and logical arguments aren't there to support the certainty of when.

Great Post Galens Ghost !

Great Galens Ghost post?

Galens Ghost great post?

Great Galens Ghost post?

Galens Ghost great post?

Galens great Ghost post?

I feel like I'm in a nightmare starring Perry White.

Post great Galens Ghost....... Sorry couldn't resist

Archived