Top Games/Ultimate Road Trip

rchandlerh

Alabama at Auburn: We didn't feel very comfortable including three Auburn games on our schedule, but we had to make room for Nick Saban's first appearance in the Iron Bowl. Auburn's fifth consecutive victory over its in-state rival last year probably cost Mike Shula his job. Will the coaching change end Auburn's mastery of the nation's most heated rivalry?

Ok....So 3 LSU games is great, but giving little Auburn that much press just seems wrong?

Alabama at Auburn: We didn't feel very comfortable including three Auburn games on our schedule, but we had to make room for Nick Saban's first appearance in the Iron Bowl. Auburn's fifth consecutive victory over its in-state rival last year probably cost Mike Shula his job. Will the coaching change end Auburn's mastery of the nation's most heated rivalry?

Ok....So 3 LSU games is great, but giving little Auburn that much press just seems wrong?

Or, the 3 USC games

Or, the 3 USC games

Despite all the other crap in that article I love this line:

Will the coaching change end Auburn's mastery of the nation's most heated rivalry?

We're actually "mentioned" 5 times, we got honorable mention for the Arkansas and Georgia games. LSU has 6 games mentioned

I thought it was cool that they thought the AU-LSU game was more intriguing than the USC-ND game. I guess others are starting to see the light. :cheer:

:au::homer:

I thought it was cool that they thought the AU-LSU game was more intriguing than the USC-ND game. I guess others are starting to see the light. :cheer:

I wouldn't go that far:

They didn't feel comfortable including 3 AU games on the schedule but they have no problems admitting they want to honk $aban's bobo. OTOH, that's the only reason the AU-uat game was included. My, how the (once) mighty have fallen. :lol::lol:

Geeez....another one using my patented :au::homer:

:rolleyes:

I guess immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Why does every sports writer have to use the shooting at VT to hype up the VT-LSU game. They keep saying "well it would be a great game anyways, but this makes it even more intriguing." What does the shooting have to do with the game? How does it make the "game" more intriguing? Yea, I know when people think of VT right now, they will probably think of the shooting. I just hate how some people have to bring that kind of stuff to a game. That game will be 5 months after the tragic event. Yea, it was tragic and horrible - we know. It's hard to forget - we know. I just wish they would focus on what the game is really about... FOOTBALL! It's the ACC favorite vs the SEC favorite. All this tragic VT stuff is going to take away from that and make everyone root for VT to win "for the fans and people of VT." This is football. Even though I wasn't around for it, it sounds somewhat familiar to the AU-Syracuse game of 01.

All this tragic VT stuff is going to take away from that and make everyone root for VT to win "for the fans and people of VT."

And this statement is precisely why the media will remain focused on the tragedy. It's a cinderella story if they win and an excuse if they lose.

All this tragic VT stuff is going to take away from that and make everyone root for VT to win "for the fans and people of VT."

And this statement is precisely why the media will remain focused on the tragedy. It's a cinderella story if they win and an excuse if they lose.

I agree and it's stupid. I just want to know this: How does the tragedy affect the football team and how they perform on the field? I bet they will be all "united" and all that stuff and the media will play that like a Bama fan plays the Bear. But in the end, the football team won't be anymore united from the tragedy than they were a year before. Its a bunch of hoop-la that makes me sick. Everytime I see a story with the tragedy and relating it to the football team, it will just make me want them to lose even more so that we don't have to listen to it anymore. This is football. The only way the tradegy affects the team is of those players who left VT because of it.

I agree and it's stupid. I just want to know this: How does the tragedy affect the football team and how they perform on the field? I bet they will be all "united" and all that stuff and the media will play that like a Bama fan plays the Bear. But in the end, the football team won't be anymore united from the tragedy than they were a year before. Its a bunch of hoop-la that makes me sick. Everytime I see a story with the tragedy and relating it to the football team, it will just make me want them to lose even more so that we don't have to listen to it anymore. This is football. The only way the tradegy affects the team is of those players who left VT because of it.

Well, I'm not that much against discussing the tragedy in terms of football, but yes, the media does over-do it. It did affect the VT football team because a few spring practices were cancelled. Also, what kind of drive could you possibly have to pass classes, practice football and have a social life when you reside in a place that had a recent massacre? I'm sure walking by that building every day doesn't lift any Hokie spirits. The football team will be affected but my beef with the media is that it's not like the tragedy reoccurs every time the name "Virginia Tech" is spoken. I think the effect on the football team is miniscule and is quickly fixed by a good coach, and Frank Beamer is a pretty good coach.

Archived