? About Saban's Contract

RunInRed

does anyone else find it a little one-sided that Saban can walk for another job at anytime with no penalty yet if bama fires him they have to pay him the entire value of the contract (30M +)?

Just seems the univ got its clocked cleaned a little bit on this negotiotian - although it wouldn't be the first time (shula's 4M + buyout).

This just seemed stunning to me...that if saban is fired in 2-3 or even after one year - bama would still owe him 30M +.

Wonder if I can get this kind of contract with my employer?!

link

Think about this... Let's say Saban either fails... or does what he does best and runs away to his next school. Bama has now set the bar so high what will they have to pay their next coach? This contract was suppose to be there contract to end all contracts they are trying to find they next "bahr"... so what happens if Saban doesn't work out. They going to pay the next "bahr" 50mill?

Think about this... Let's say Saban either fails... or does what he does best and runs away to his next school. Bama has now set the bar so high what will they have to pay their next coach? This contract was suppose to be there contract to end all contracts they are trying to find they next "bahr"... so what happens if Saban doesn't work out. They going to pay the next "bahr" 50mill?

Also, what will AU have to pay Tubs come next december and the december after that when he beats saban....anotherwords, they have effectively raised the bar for everyone - just a thought for Jacobs and the gang.

does anyone else find it a little one-sided that Saban can walk for another job at anytime with no penalty yet if bama fires him they have to pay him the entire value of the contract (30M +)?

Just seems the univ got its clocked cleaned a little bit on this negotiotian - although it wouldn't be the first time (shula's 4M + buyout).

This just seemed stunning to me...that if saban chose to leave in 2-3 or even after one year - bama would still owe him 30M +.

link

i think you need to read that link you posted.

There is no financial buyout clause should Saban leave for another job. But should Saban leave on his own, he would forfeit the remainder of his salary. Should Alabama choose to dismiss Saban without cause, he would still receive his full contract compensation.

basically, if he leaves for another job he doesn't get all the money on the contract. it looks like the contract was fairly standard except there is no buyout clause .

This just seemed stunning to me...that if saban chose to leave in 2-3 or even after one year - bama would still owe him 30M +.

link

There is no financial buyout clause should Saban leave for another job. But should Saban leave on his own, he would forfeit the remainder of his salary. Should Alabama choose to dismiss Saban without cause, he would still receive his full contract compensation.

basically, if he leaves for another job he doesn't get all the money on the contract. it looks like the contract was fairly standard except there is no buyout clause .

The guaranteed money is not standard RWS. Nobody has ever done that.

link

guaranteed, as in if he gets fired he gets the $$ from the entire contract?

link

That's what I meant...guaranteed from the standpoint if they fire him they still have to pay him 8yrs worth of salary but if he leaves, he doesn't have to pay them jack.

link

That's what I meant...guaranteed from the standpoint if they fire him they still have to pay him 8yrs worth of salary but if he leaves, he doesn't have to pay them jack.

bama has done it before, although i do realize we got burned on it. i don't think he's ever been fired from anywhere, so i just don't really see that happening. but my crystal ball doesn't work any better than anyone else's i guess.

link

bama has done it before, although i do realize we got burned on it. i don't think he's ever been fired from anywhere, so i just don't really see that happening. but my crystal ball doesn't work any better than anyone else's i guess.

He's also never coached at Bama before.

link

We'll make sure to direct you to this quote in about 5 years when Sabear still hasn't beaten Auburn or had a 10 win + season.

My crystal ball works better than yours.

We'll make sure to direct you to this quote in about 5 years when Sabear still hasn't beaten Auburn or had a 10 win + season.

My crystal ball works better than yours.

CMS even managed to have a 10 win season in 4 years. CNS could probably squeeze one out, don't you think? we will beat AU at least twice in the next 5 years. you can hold me to those two statements, i don't mind eating crow if i'm wrong.

No matter how you guys try to spin it, it's an act of desperation.

The 80 year old woman getting her 16th facelift in the last 20 years desperate.

Bingo!!!!!

Just call Bama the Joan Rivers of the SEC.

if AU's program was lost in the mediocrity ours has been the past 4+ years, wouldn't you be pretty desperate to get a coach that can help that situation? i don't care about the SECCG or a MNC, i'd be pretty happy with a winning season. thats not desperation, thats being reasonable.

8 years worth? Shoot in my line of government work $30 mil = 857 years :blink:

8 years worth? Shoot in my line of government work $30 mil = 857 years :blink:

if he is fired for something like NCAA violations, inappropriate behavior (the mike price clause), etc he will not get the remainder of his contract. some other things in there are:

*if he leaves he cannot contact any recruit that he was recruiting for bama for a period of 1 year

*he will do the "Hey Coach" radio show weekly, plus the bama review show weekly

*personal use of a non-commercial jet for 25 hours each year

for January 2007, CNS received a prorated fee of $246,505.

payscale breaks down like this:

2007: $3.275 million

2008: $3.525 million

2009: $3.675 million

2010: $3.875 million

2011: $3.925 million

2012-2014: $3.975 million, per year.

Sorry, I don't have a link for this. I just heard it on WSFA. In $aban's contract, in addition to the huge amount of money, he gets a skybox, 12 tickets per game, 2 cars, and a country club membership. There's some more, but I don't remember it. Anyway, is this standard for coaches?

Why wouldn't we be desperate?

We have every reason to be, unfortunately.

Why wouldn't we be desperate?

We have every reason to be, unfortunately.

That's another reason why you are the exception not the rule when it comes to Bama fans. You would not believe the garbage I hear on a daily basis out of Bammer fans in Hunts-Patch.

Archived