Barack Obama coming to Birmingham

RunInRed

I do have the book and have read it. I am reading a book by every viable candidate between now and the election -- with the exception of Hillary Clinton. I would not vote for her if she were the only candidate running and I have no interest in anything she has to say. While I don't disagree that Obama offers some ideas (none appear to be new or innovative) what Obama lacks is the wisdom, knowledge and experience to implement them. It's one thing to have an idea it's another to be able to put it in practice.

Gene Simmons says: Ideas in and of themselves mean nothing. If you have an idea (...assume lots of other people in this 6 Billion populated planet of ours, have also thought of it), you have to be able to MAKE IT HAPPEN That's how I percieve Obama. Utopian ideas -- many of which I disagree with in principle -- but no idea how to bring them about.

That was the point of my sixth-grade president jibe. Every sixth-grade presidential candidate promises no more mystery meat in the lunchroom, longer breaks, better snacks in the vending machines, homework limits and a repeal of the dress code. All great ideas but none likely to happen.

TitanTiger Posted Jul 13 2007, 08:19 AM

It's not a fad among Christians here. We were beating the drumbeat on Darfur and sending money, aid, manpower and other help over there for years before Clooney or any of the other famous people starting talking about it. But Sudan is just a poor country that doesn't offer much bang for the buck in return for getting involved so we don't bother.

I can agree with those these points: 1. No one should listen to Clinton. If it was a race between W. and Clinton, well let's just say I hope the real estate market is going well in Canada.

2. I agree that at this point, especially in his speeches they are more Utopian than substance. I wonder how much of that is him not having specifics, or he has found that Americans are more impressed with speeches that just sound good than ones with substance. And lets be honest, the job of a politician is to get elected, and then he/she can try to put in his rhetoric, but then he has to worry about re-election. If you don't get elected then it doesn't matter if you have the best ideas in the world. It may be unfortunate, but still there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived