Open Letter to the

AUman43

Mr. President:

Most Americans know that his war was not about September 11th at all; it was not about al Qaeda; it was not about making our nation safer. Osama Bin Laden and his Lieutenants is still at large with the hunt for them appearing to now be a feeble effort. Instead, the damage this war has done to our national security, our national interests and our international standing has been incalculable and has severely tarnished our national reputation and leadership.

Instead of success, (as you and your expert advisors predicted) Iraq has become a rallying cry for religious extremists and has made our country and the American people far less safe. I honestly believe historians and future generations will look back on this war as among the most reckless, ill advised, stubborn and costly mistakes made by any President in our history.

Many of us thought our politicians and our President had learned a bitter lesson from Vietnam when it comes to occupying a foreign country. First of all, it’s not practical and secondly, it’s doomed to failure. How would you feel if another country wanted to occupy the Untied States? Would you not fight to expel the invaders? Yes, just as they are and will continue to do. Your policy of occupation has simply united opposing sectarian forces in order to wreak havoc and drive us from their lands. The horrible thing about this is American boys are dying each and every day to maintain YOUR policies.

This is NOT what America wants! This has become YOURS and Mr. Cheney’s war Mr. President.

On another front, Mr. President, our country is being invaded by millions of illegal immigrants and you seem to want legislation passed which would essentially welcome them with open arms and forgive them for breaking our laws in coming here. Don’t you know or care that this would mean the end of this country as we know it? The majority of people in this nation are definitely opposed to this legislation as it is currently written, despite what you want! Most Americans know full well that this is NOT about immigration, but rather ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It is NOT a racial issue as many would claim. It’s about open borders; national security; and people breaking our laws and availing themselves of our services and facilities without paying for them as we must do. It’s about fairness and law and order Mr. President!

We also wonder why you and your administration was so concerned with your suspicions of Iraq acquiring weapons of mass destruction as to carry us into a war when you KNOW that Iran IS developing such a weapon as well as North Korea and did nothing! Why the disparity?

JMO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a link for this Shug?

I think you are looking at it. It's up at the top where the address bar displays it.

Thank you, but Shug didn't write the letter, someone else did. More than likely it came from a far left website, that is the link I am looking for.

Hate to disappoint, but I DID write the letter, I sent it, and I'm proud of it!!!

It's the same s*** all the time from the far left. The only thing missing in this letter is that the war is over oil(yes, it was implied, but usually they have the word "oil" in big bold letters). If you would please include that in your article....it would be complete!

By the way...are you saying that we should go into Iran now? Or are you just going to complain about it and then when the president makes a decision about Iran one way or another, criticize the hell out of him for the simple fact that your party is not in office?

I knew it. I'm proud of you.

Awwww....that's precious...

I love how conservatives dismiss this as "far left propoganda." By and large everything in this letter is dead on. Iraq is a mess and Bush's immigration policy is a joke. Really the only thing this letter is missing is all the other problems this administration has caused or done nothing about in two terms. Is it 2008 yet?

Thanks runinred63 and bottomfeeder. I sometimes feel like a leper just because I disagree with CERTAIN members of this board on key issues. It seems to me that this board has become a Promotion site for conservative Republicans and I resent that. While I agree with them on some issues I disagree with them on just as many if not more. I do hold to the belief that all views and positions should at least be heard and respected although some would prefer to just "drown them out." Thank God for common sense and an objective view which the two I mentioned above seem to have.

Hate to disappoint, but I DID write the letter, I sent it, and I'm proud of it!!!

I find your letter disgraceful and symbolic of the general pussification of America. It represents the kind of attitude that, in my opinion, will eventually be the downfall of this country.

I can't understand how it is possible for two people to look at the same set of information and arrive at such starkly different viewpoints. Makes me sad. Makes me fear for future generations.

Look, I think the situation in Iraq is a mess. It is a mess for a lot of reasons. To blame Bush and Cheney and call it "thier" was is irresponsible. I say that it is the say ole s*** because you guys sound like a broken record. You do nothing to input in a positive manner and make no suggestions as to how to "fix" the problem.

I had a boss one time that wouldn't let you complain about anything unless you brought a solution to the problem to the table that you were complaining about. The "we need to pull out of Iraq now" solution won't work and you know it.....so....we are in the situation, and you may or may not like, but it's done...What can be done about it? Or do you just want to sit behind your computer and send anonymous messages to Bush complaining about everything???

I for one, have no idea wat should be done and I don't act like it. I just think it is funny when people think it is the "popular" thing to do is bash Bush and this administration without giving any positive support f what needs to happen going forward.

I find your letter disgraceful and symbolic of the general pussification of America. It represents the kind of attitude that, in my opinion, will eventually be the downfall of this country.

I can't understand how it is possible for two people to look at the same set of information and arrive at such starkly different viewpoints. Makes me sad. Makes me fear for future generations.

Another example of "disagreement with the president= unpatriotic." Unbelievable.

BTW, I found the letter to be quite refreshing.

On another front, Mr. President, our country is being invaded by millions of illegal immigrants and you seem to want legislation passed which would essentially welcome them with open arms and forgive them for breaking our laws in coming here. Don’t you know or care that this would mean the end of this country as we know it? The majority of people in this nation are definitely opposed to this legislation as it is currently written, despite what you want! Most Americans know full well that this is NOT about immigration, but rather ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It is NOT a racial issue as many would claim. It’s about open borders; national security; and people breaking our laws and availing themselves of our services and facilities without paying for them as we must do. It’s about fairness and law and order Mr. President!

I agree with this part of your letter 100%. The rest sounds like the same ol' b.s. that you can find on any left-wing blog on the internet.

Another example of "disagreement with the president= unpatriotic." Unbelievable.

BTW, I found the letter to be quite refreshing.

There is a tremendous difference between acting like a mewling puss and being unpatriotic. It's my belief that the pussified attitude displayed in the letter is harmful to our long-term interests. That also has nothing to do with being patriotic or not.

I disagree with the president on several issues, one of which is the proposed immigration legislation.

Refreshing. Hah. I found it to be stereotypical drivel. It's the same tired mantra being pimped by empty-headed actors and other media shills.

As I noted, I don't see how two people of basically similar backgrounds can look at the same set of facts and arrive at such completely different conclusions. Then again, I don't see how anybody in their right mind could ever be a bama fan.

Bashing after the fact serves no purpose other than to help further divide this country. You wrote the President once, now do it again, this time with a viable solution to the problem. I agree it's a mess we created and should not have jumped into in the first place. But as W.E. said, we're there and simply pulling out all at once is not the solution.

Mandates to the Iraqi police/people/army that there is a definite timetable for pulling out is the key, in my opinion. Giving a reasonable time frame in which to turn the keys back over to them and allow them...no...FORCE them to get control, has to be done at some point soon.

We could argue over the merits of any plan all day long, but at least have a plan. Don't just write the President to rip him.

Bashing after the fact serves no purpose other than to help further divide this country. You wrote the President once, now do it again, this time with a viable solution to the problem. I agree it's a mess we created and should not have jumped into in the first place. But as W.E. said, we're there and simply pulling out all at once is not the solution.

Mandates to the Iraqi police/people/army that there is a definite timetable for pulling out is the key, in my opinion. Giving a reasonable time frame in which to turn the keys back over to them and allow them...no...FORCE them to get control, has to be done at some point soon.

We could argue over the merits of any plan all day long, but at least have a plan. Don't just write the President to rip him.

Occupying a country works -- if you truly occupy it. When you allow weak-kneed pusses to compromise the mission with their sissified wailing and moaning, the task then becomes significantly more difficult.

The only mistake that was made in Iraq was in coddling the pusses. Bush should have told the Rosie O'Donnels, Alec Baldwins and John Kerrys of the world to go hump themselves with a silver spoon and done what was necessary to completely control the situation. Any "failures" in Iraq -- and I don't believe the mission is a failure or even doomed to be one -- are the result of the wailing and moaning from the left and the traitorous media's refusal to portray any accomplishments in a positive light.

I don't necessarliy agree with that either GG. The situation over there is a mess no matter if Bush's support was in the 90% range. The facts are there are young people dying in Iraq every day, and I have yet to see any really significant plan in place to turn control back over to the Irawi people with out the whole country being FUBAR. I am not sure how you do it...and I don't think Bush knows either; but, to blame the situation TOTALLY on the left is not responsible either...JMHO...

I don't necessarliy agree with that either GG. The situation over there is a mess no matter if Bush's support was in the 90% range. The facts are there are young people dying in Iraq every day, and I have yet to see any really significant plan in place to turn control back over to the Irawi people with out the whole country being FUBAR. I am not sure how you do it...and I don't think Bush knows either; but, to blame the situation TOTALLY on the left is not responsible either...JMHO...

How did it become a mess? It wasn't a mess going in. In fact, it was a rousing success. Why was that not sustained? I blame it mostly on the left. In my opinion the mission wavered when the wailing and moaning from those with zero guts started up.

It sickens me. I know without doubt that had WWII broken today, this country would not have the resolve to commit as we did then. Instead politicians would pontificate, traitors like Fonda, Streisand and O'Donnell would be celebrated by the weak and frightened and who knows where we would all be then.

As for the original letter, I'd prefer that whoever wrote it not speak for "most" Americans.

How did it become a mess? It wasn't a mess going in. In fact, it was a rousing success. Why was that not sustained? I blame it mostly on the left.

Of course you do!! Most modern-day Republicans don't take responsibility for any of their screw ups. They don't believe in accountability for themselves, just others. They blame their opponents for all their mistakes! And whine about it. Keep acting like an irresponsible child if you want, but don't fool yourself into believing that you are truly "conservative."

Of course you do!! Most modern-day Republicans don't take responsibility for any of their screw ups. They don't believe in accountability for themselves, just others. They blame their opponents for all their mistakes! And whine about it. Keep acting like an irresponsible child if you want, but don't fool yourself into believing that you are truly "conservative."

Of course you liberals take responsibility for all of your foul ups-----"ITS BUSH'S FAULT"

Or my favorite---"The buck never got here!"

The problem started when Rummy did the job on the cheap. they fired the guy that suggested it would take upwards of 200,000 troops to do the job correctly. Where do we go from here? Well, first of all the Iraq government has serious problems and is all but useless. Heck, I think, six tribal sheikhs were killed today. Given the track record of this administration, I don't believe a word they say. So, for me to solve their problems? You must be kidding. The ripped out my heart in 2000. I have no compassion for them whatsoever.

The problem started when Rummy did the job on the cheap. they fired the guy that suggested it would take upwards of 200,000 troops to do the job correctly. Where do we go from here? Well, first of all the Iraq government has serius problems and is all but useless. Heck, I think, six tribal sheikhs were killed today. Given the track record of this administration, I don't believe a word they say. So, for me to solve their problems? You must be kidding. The ripped out my heart in 2000. I have no compassion for them whatsoever.

I have an idea. Let's pull out. War over; we quit. That will show them.

The problem started when Rummy did the job on the cheap. they fired the guy that suggested it would take upwards of 200,000 troops to do the job correctly. Where do we go from here? Well, first of all the Iraq government has serius problems and is all but useless. Heck, I think, six tribal sheikhs were killed today. Given the track record of this administration, I don't believe a word they say. So, for me to solve their problems? You must be kidding. The ripped out my heart in 2000. I have no compassion for them whatsoever.

No...the problem is we are not fighting a conventional army. How do you know where or who to fight when anyone can be your enemy one day, and come get aid from you the next? And yes, the government is the problem...What do we do about that? They elected them...and is the government better or worse now that there is not a brutal dictator who will kill you if you speak out against him? To be honest...I am really not sure anymore...

I have an idea. Let's pull out. War over; we quit. That will show them.

I thought we already won the war?

Archived