Sporting News deals with Bama E-mail

DKW 86

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=227736

Mail call: Boy, these Bama fans love me

June 25, 2007

And you people thought I was kidding about Alabama fans … (unedited for your reading pleasure).

From Greg:

"This tired rhetoric by you "journalists" isn't going to end, is it? As a Bama Graduate doing phenomenally well in my career... I can't help but feel even better about my alma mater during this time. Why in your career would you want to position yourself along with all the other national talking heads?

It's what everyone else is saying!

You're in a career of numbers, you know.

You are just a number.

A random journalist. So don't agree with the maniacal masses! Although maybe you do... which in of itself would be pretty pathetic, but we'll ignore that. Look, I know you and the national press is SCARED TO DEATH of the University of Alabama being on par with everyone else, but it's ok. Because reasoned people like myself understand that in your field.. money still talks. I know you guys in the media hate Saban, and that's fine. But please do something original. And not succomb to the worthless masses who like to spend the offseason criticising anything they are afraid of. And this year?

It's the fear of Alabama Football getting back to national prominence."

Dearest Greg: On behalf of our entire SN community, I'd like to say we're impressed with your phenomenal career. Now go get your shine box.

From Sue Ann: "Why don't you get a life? Do you understand that we are college football? Every one looks up at us and wishes he was us. We are kings, you are the little things on that chess board. Some body should teach you how to rite. Loser!!!!!"

Dear Sue Ann: http://www.chesscenter.com/shop/usrimage/b...ss%20pieces.gif

Look at the picture, doll. Right now in the SEC, that big thing (universally called "King") is Florida. The little thing all the way down at the end? Those are teams that lose meaningless bowl games in Shreveport.

From sdcpjbama

Bammy fans? That is so middle school to be name calling. Grow up Matt, its embarrassing to see an adult name call. Who are you trying to impress? Jerry Springer? My son is a student at Yale and doing a study on The Hatred of a Sport. I gave him your article and he and his classmates are not impressed with your adolescence along with most of your colleagues. The paper is a written to show how writers have evolved to the point of sales rather than the pure love of sports writing. Good luck and best wishes on your review.

Dear sdcpjbama: A question for your son and his friends: If Team A has beaten Team B five consecutive seasons, and Team A wins again this November, will Team B's administration panic and fire its coach?

P.S. -- If your son and his friends can't figure it out, my friends at Harvard are available.

From Kevin:

"I have been reading you for years now and I have come to these conclusions: 1. You hate the SEC. 2. You hate Alabama. 3. You hate the South. 4. You hate your mother. 5. You hate your dog."

Dear Kevin: There's a country song somewhere in there.

From Bobby: Let me tell you this - WE have more championships in our little finger than YOU do in your hole head!! Count em out baby! 12!!! ROLL TIDE!!!

Dear Bobby: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 … wait, I need another hand. In the meantime,

Lets sing along...

Yeah, but it's real easy to spot 'em when driving past the Flea Market. Also, while in Wal Mart, they'll be waddling around looking for the "Fear Saban" 5XL T-Shirts, their attire will be one of these... if not all, Ragged red hat, a Houndstooth hat, Anything Houndstooth, Cut off shorts, Red shirt, White Tank Top, Any color Cut off shirt, or just a Plain White T-Shirt, a Got 12? shirt, and/or a Mullet. That pretty much covers it.

Yeah, but it's real easy to spot 'em when driving past the Flea Market. Also, while in Wal Mart, they'll be waddling around looking for the "Fear Saban" 5XL T-Shirts, their attire will be one of these... if not all, Ragged red hat, a Houndstooth hat, Anything Houndstooth, Cut off shorts, Red shirt, White Tank Top, Any color Cut off shirt, or just a Plain White T-Shirt, a Got 12? shirt, and/or a Mullet. That pretty much covers it.

Don't forget the ever present cigarrette placed that is placed so elegantly between their lips.

Ryan

Oh, you must mean Wal-Marts away from where I live. According to Bama posters on this forum, bama fans don't buy that Houndstooth stuff. :rolleyes:

Besides, most of the bammers here in the gump mainly hit Wal-Mart and the auto section to replace the 13" plasti-chrome spinna's for their flippin' sweet Killed In Action..err uh...KIA.

:roflol:

Archived