Muzzling our watchdogs

Tigermike

Muzzling our watchdogs

DAILY NEWS EDITORIAL

Sunday, July 22nd 2007, 4:00 AM

If you see something, don't say anything - for fear of getting sued. That's the dangerous place some congressional Democrats are trying to take the U.S. in the war on terror.

Fretting over the exaggerated possibility of racial profiling, they are pushing to undermine an amendment that would give anti-lawsuit protection to individuals who report suspicious activity. Individuals like the video-store clerk who thwarted an attack on Fort Dix.

The need for this John Doe law stems from the incident last year when some Muslim clerics, acting more than a bit suspiciously - and with such obviousness, it's hard not to think they were trying to provoke confrontation - got themselves booted from a U.S. Airways flight. They sued. The defendants include the frightened passengers who alerted the flight crew. The imams allege they were targeted as part of a malicious conspiracy.

Among the reputed conspirators is an elderly couple who, according to court papers, "purposely turned around to watch them" and who then used a cell phone. Horrors. They shouldn't face liability, nor should anyone who in good faith reports suspicious behavior. Rep. Pete King is right to continue to fight for a law to protect all John Does. America needs them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/0..._watchdogs.html

20 -30 years ago this crap would have been laughed out of court. We are so busy treating everyone equal that we are killing our country one lawsuit at a time. "...ole Billy was right. Let's kill all the lawyers. Kill'em tonight." - Eagles.

So, while we're told to look for 'suspicious' people and events while we're passing through our airports, once we're ON the planes, we're suppose to sit down, shut up and just assume everything is perfectly normal.

<_<

So, while we're told to look for 'suspicious' people and events while we're passing through our airports, once we're ON the planes, we're suppose to sit down, shut up and just assume everything is perfectly normal.

<_<

Yes. "Pardon me. Could I trouble you for a spot of tea? And I believe the fellow with the towel on his head is playing with a bomb. But you didn't hear that from me."

Archived