USF Football Picked to Finish Fourth in Big East Media Poll

JohnDeere

This team beat West Virginia last year 24-19 and they lost to Rutgers by 2 points (20-22).

link

USF Football Picked to Finish Fourth in Big East Media Poll

Courtesy: USF

Release: 07/17/2007

NEWPORT, RI (July 17, 2007) – At the Big East Media Day here today, the league announced the 2007 Preseason Media Poll and USF is fourth among the eight schools. West Virginia finished first in the poll (20 of 24 first place votes), followed by Louisville, Rutgers and USF.

USF played in its second straight bowl game in 2006, winning the Papajohns.com Bowl over East Carolina to finish 9-4. The Bulls return eight starters on each side of the ball, including 2006 Big East Rookie of the Year Matt Grothe at quarterback. Defensively, the Bulls return outstanding middle linebacker Ben Moffitt and one of the finest cornerback tandems in the country in Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins.

The second half of the Big East Preseason Media Poll included fifth place Cincinnati, followed by Pittsburgh, Connecticut and Syracuse. In addition to West Virginia’s 20 first place votes, Louisville received three and Rutgers pulled in one.

This will be a very dangerous game for Auburn. It may well be an upset watch alert on espn.

Auburn SHOULD win by 17 points but ....

Just looked at USF schedule, they have Elon the first game.

They basically have a scrimage 1 Sep, to get everybody some playing time. They won't have to show any new sets or plays against Elon, so as not to give Auburn anything new to look at.

They will start looking at Auburn early in August. I doubt they even run a Elon scout team for the September 1st game and go straight to looking at Auburn sets that week.

Rutgers came out of nowhere in the Big East last season. USF could be the dark horse team out of the Big East this year.

I am still more concerned about K. State than USF. Simply because KSU is the opener for us and we don't always come out of the gates running. Sometimes not even walking (USC 03).

I am still more concerned about K. State than USF. Simply because KSU is the opener for us and we don't always come out of the gates running. Sometimes not even walking (USC 03).

Good point, I'm hoping that trend has ended after the Wazzu game last year.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived