KSU Message boards

SilverBossGT

Guest Tigrinum Major

Anyone who argues so vehemnetly over fricking semantics (and I am talking about both sides of this argument) should seriously consider looking into professional counseling or maybe even a life of some sort.

And, for the record, I am not a racist, but I am an anti-dentite.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
correction they won the 2005 BCS Championship on Janruary 4th, 2006. The 2005 title, like every other championship title is played in early Janruary of the following year. A minor, but apparently very tough thing for auburn fans to understand. Texas's victory on Janruary 4th, 2006 was for the 2005 season, they were not crowned the champions of the 2006 season, but were called the defending champs in the 2006 season. you, sir, are an idiot, and that is what pwnage is.

Your direct quote:

was that before or after you thought Oklahoma lost the title to USC in the 2005 BCS Title Game

As the site states, USC won the 2005 BCS Title Game and Texass won the 2006 BCS Title Game. You made no mention of the season each game pertained to.

I accept your humble apology. Idiot.

you don't call a BCS title game by the year it was played in. otherwise it doesn't make sense. if i said, in 2005 when Oklahoma played USC in the BCS title game, you would be correct. but i didn't. it is a reference to the 2005 BCS Title Game, which pertains to the 2005 season. i guess it only makes sense if you have some sort semblence of fbiq.

correction they won the 2005 BCS Championship on Janruary 4th, 2006. The 2005 title, like every other championship title is played in early Janruary of the following year. A minor, but apparently very tough thing for auburn fans to understand. Texas's victory on Janruary 4th, 2006 was for the 2005 season, they were not crowned the champions of the 2006 season, but were called the defending champs in the 2006 season. you, sir, are an idiot, and that is what pwnage is.

Your direct quote:

was that before or after you thought Oklahoma lost the title to USC in the 2005 BCS Title Game

As the site states, USC won the 2005 BCS Title Game and Texass won the 2006 BCS Title Game. You made no mention of the season each game pertained to.

you don't call a BCS title game by the year it was played in. otherwise it doesn't make sense. if i said, in 2005 when Oklahoma played USC in the BCS title game, you would be correct. but i didn't. it is a reference to the 2005 BCS Title Game, which pertains to the 2005 season. i guess it only makes sense if you have some sort semblence of fbiq.

Look, you guys started the pissing match over semantics. I'm just pointing out the idiocy. Take it up with the BCS.

Your direct quote:

Look, you guys started the pissing match over semantics. I'm just pointing out the idiocy. Take it up with the BCS.

its not semantics, its logic. you do not win a championship for a season you haven't played yet.

Your direct quote:

its not semantics, its logic. you do not win a championship for a season you haven't played yet.

*sigh* It is semantics. If you're referring to the game itself, you use the year in which the game was played. If you're referring to the championship one team wins, it goes by the season just played. Thus the 2004 BCS National Championship was won by USC over Oklahoma in the 2005 BCS Title Game. Just a quirk of the new year turning, but it's how it is.

We know how it works, but the intelligent among us also know the semantics quirk. Simpleton.

Your direct quote:

*sigh* It is semantics. If you're referring to the game itself, you use the year in which the game was played. If you're referring to the championship one team wins, it goes by the season just played. Thus the 2004 BCS National Championship was won by USC over Oklahoma in the 2005 BCS Title Game. Just a quirk of the new year turning, but it's how it is.

We know how it works, but the intelligent among us also know the semantics quirk. Simpleton.

i don't think it carries over like you are explaining it. the 2005 would still apply to "Title." but i see your point, i just don't think that i would ever word it like that when describing that game. if i was talking about it, it would make sense to say something like, "when i was at daves house in 2004 watching the 2005 title game, i couldn't believe that stripper ate all the enchiladas. that bitch."

in other news... this just in.

Football's Dirtiest Programs: #8, Auburn

Posted Jul 24th 2007 9:00AM by Pete Holiday

Filed under: Auburn Football, SEC, The Word

Using its own calculus, FanHouse ranks the 10 Dirtiest Programs of the last 20 years.

Mike Freeman, the columnist whose article served as the inspiration for this series, amazed on-lookers when he did what few realized was possible: simultaneously pissing off both Alabama and Auburn fans. For its part, the Loveliest Villiage on the Plains had its hackles raised by a number two ranking in Freeman's poll. It turns out that while they're no angels, the Auburn Tigers are not quite #2 material.

It is unusual that infractions in diverse sports can be blamed on the head football coach, but in this case the NCAA is very clear in its 1993 report that those violations and the ones covered by the 1991 report (which included only the men's basketball and tennis programs and, therefore, are not being scored here) fell on the shoulders of Pat Dye who served as both head coach and Athletics Director from 1981 to 1992.

Ten Dirtiest Programs

Using its own calculus, FanHouse ranks the 10 Dirtiest Programs of the last 20 years.

Mike Freeman, the columnist whose article served as the inspiration for this series, amazed on-lookers when he did what few realized was possible: simultaneously pissing off both Alabama and Auburn fans. For its part, the Loveliest Villiage on the Plains had its hackles raised by a number two ranking in Freeman's poll. It turns out that while they're no angels, the Auburn Tigers are not quite #2 material.

It is unusual that infractions in diverse sports can be blamed on the head football coach, but in this case the NCAA is very clear in its 1993 report that those violations and the ones covered by the 1991 report (which included only the men's basketball and tennis programs and, therefore, are not being scored here) fell on the shoulders of Pat Dye who served as both head coach and Athletics Director from 1981 to 1992.

Ten Dirtiest Programs

Whats your point?

Ten Dirtiest Programs

Whats your point?

no point. just a congratulations. here is another article that has you boys even higher, but i don't think its as accurate.

alabama beats auburn

Ten Dirtiest Programs

Whats your point?

no point. just a congratulations. here is another article that has you boys even higher, but i don't think its as accurate.

alabama beats auburn

So let me get this straight a media talking head (from AOL no less) writes a subjective article on teh internets regarding dirty programs, so it must be accurate. Do you believe everything you get off the internet? I think that KSU is the worst team in college football. There I said it, its on the internet, therefore its true you can't deny it.

Your supposed smack is now becoming sad.

Ten Dirtiest Programs

Whats your point?

alabama beats auburn

So let me get this straight a media talking head (from AOL no less) writes a subjective article on teh internets regarding dirty programs, so it must be accurate. Do you believe everything you get off the internet? I think that KSU is the worst team in college football. There I said it, its on the internet, therefore its true you can't deny it.

Your supposed smack is now becoming sad.

when did this happen?

but the guy did actually use facts and rap sheets for every school. i think he started his research with just flat out numbers on infractions and then dug deeper to see what the infractions were. granted the rankings may be a little skewed (he is an alabama fan), but still top 10.

The only fact of it all is this...a Big 12 school OKLAHOMA just got scholarships taken away for cheating. Is there an SEC school currently on probation?

The only fact of it all is this...a Big 12 school OKLAHOMA just got scholarships taken away for cheating. Is there an SEC school currently on probation?

Mississippi State gets off probation in early 2008. Other than that, no.

Mississippi State gets off probation in early 2008. Other than that, no.

Yeah, thanks to something a coach 3 years removed did. Sorry forgot about MSU.

What I've learned from all of this is that KSU fans as a whole suck incredibly.

Thank you for giving me a reason to be excited about this game. Before it was going to be like having to shoot a harmless 3 week old puppy between the eyes.

Well, it still is, but now at least the puppy's a real @**hole.

I'd really be embarrassed to call KSU my alma mater after you wincrimsonheads have shamed it. It'd be different if it were one or two of you, but I haven't seen one of you with an ounce of civility.

Learn some from Washington State fans.

Thank you for giving me a reason to be excited about this game. Before it was going to be like having to shoot a harmless 3 week old puppy between the eyes.

I'd really be embarrassed to call KSU my alma mater after you wincrimsonheads have shamed it. It'd be different if it were one or two of you, but I haven't seen one of you with an ounce of civility.

would you go as far as saying we are "classless?" ;)

would you go as far as saying we are "classless?" ;)

I fail to see why that's funny or a point of pride, but yes. Yes I would.

I just read all of this mindless drivel and wanted to point out two things.

1) The states highlighted on your little map are states that haven't had enough cousin-marriage requests to have to make a law against it.

2)

so "they" is not a people? one of these things is not like the other. one of these things believes that because of skin color they are not the same.

Seriously, how is " 'they' not a people?" What pronoun do you geniuses from Kansas use to address a group of people? I don't speak Kansanian. The word "they" is only used for inanimate objects in the land of Oz?

• 2 weeks later...

you're right. we don't have very many boys playing defense in the big 12. there is a general rule that you have to go through puberty in order to play in the big 12. apparently the SEC doesn't adhere to this train of thought.

If you're going to come over here and talk smack, at least have something to back it up with. The SEC had 5 of the top 25 defenses last season.

3. LSU

6. Florida

8. Georgia

19. Auburn

23. Alabama

The first Big 12 team is Oklahoma at Number 16. The only other was Texas at 22. Apparently our pre-pubescent boys know how to play some D.

Link

Any more wildly outrageous statements you'd like to make?

AND...our defenses were playing against SEC offenses!!!

:au::homer:

i noticed on their board there isn't any discussion of the stellar performance the offense put up in the last scrimmage

Maybe this should be the start of a new Beatdown Coming thread.

im gonna start one...lol :homer:

Archived