Are teams gonna tee off on Notre Dame this year?

BamaGrad03

It just hit me, these guys lost 5 starters off of a paltry defensive squad.

And they lost EVERYONE of note on offense.

Looking at their schedule, what kind of record do you guys expect them to have?

Hard to say. Weis has improved their recruiting classes a lot so they may have some good talent waiting in the wings. But when you lose your QB and he is a first round draft pick, there's gonna be some dropoff.

They lost Quinn, Jeff Saoisqhyszyzyaoe, their other WR, and Darius Walker.

I think scoring will come tougher, and they won't be able to win games 40-39 anymore.

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech

at Penn State

at Michigan

Michigan State

at Purdue

at UCLA

Boston College

USC

Navy

Air Force

Duke

at Stanford

They might have to worry about being bowl eligable this year. I only see 5 wins on that schedule. I bet they start 0-4, because MSU is going to have something to say about last year's embarassing loss. They'll win the last 4, but I bet they go 1-1 vs. Purdue and BC.

I hope so, it would be nice not hear about ND every single minute when the Gameday gang isn't talking about USC. Who is the moron that set that schedule up? Ouch, 4 of the first 6 games are on the road, Mark May said yesterday that ND will be lucky to come out better than 2-6 in the first 8 games. It could be so bad Navy might beat em...wait never gonna happen.

I think they lose 6 this year and this also will be the year Navy ends the losing streak to ND. I think it's up to like 44 games straight that the Domers have beat the Mid-Shipmen...

I think scoring will come tougher, and they won't be able to win games 40-39 anymore.

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech

at Penn State

at Michigan

Michigan State

at Purdue

at UCLA

Boston College

USC

Navy

Air Force

Duke

at Stanford

At a glance, I see it playing out this way:

Beat GT

Lose to Penn St. and Michigan

Beat Michigan St, Purdue and UCLA

Lose to BC and USC

Beat Navy, AF, Duke and Stanford

So that's 8-4. They could lose to GT or UCLA and end up 7-5. I don't see them falling any further.

Did anyone else notice that Notre Dame is unranked in the preseason (others receiving votes #29)? If the coaches think ND isn't any good, you know that's a pretty seismic (sp?) shift.

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech

at Penn State

at Michigan

Michigan State

at Purdue

at UCLA

Boston College

USC

Navy

Air Force

Duke

at Stanford

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them start 0-8. The last 4 games are gimmes but other than that the only possible wins are Tech, MSU, Purdue, and BC. I promise you they lose at Purdue though. GT will have a great defense next year so with a 1st year starter thats a loss too. After that I figure they split MSU and BC.

I see a 5-7 year for them.

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech L

at Penn State L

at Michigan L

Michigan State W

at Purdue W

at UCLA W

Boston College L

USC L

Navy W

Air Force W

Duke W

at Stanford W

Ending up 7-5

Here's what I've got:

Georgia Tech L

at Penn State L

at Michigan L

Michigan State W

at Purdue W

at UCLA L

Boston College W

USC L

Navy W

Air Force W

Duke W

at Stanford W

7-5

You guys are forgetting that they signed the ostrich. He and Weiss should be able to will them to at least 8 wins. That will drop them down all the way to #12 in the BCS polls so they can take a well deserved spot from some SEC or ACC team in a BCS Bowl. That would mean 8-5 for the wee Irish lads.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, one week in. Now what does everyone think

33-3 :roflol:

Georgia Tech L

at Penn State L

at Michigan L (L if this was App State too :) )

Michigan State L

at Purdue W

at UCLA L

Boston College L

USC L

Navy ? *

Air Force ? *

Duke ? *

at Stanford W

*They will lose at least one of these games. Maybe Air Force. Their record will be 4-8.

Michigan State is going to run roughshod all over the Irish and I honestly believe that they could start out 0-8.

I think Mich State loses due to choking on apple sauce.

Michigan State is going to run roughshod all over the Irish and I honestly believe that they could start out 0-8.

Don't worry they will save the choke job against a conference team. Notre Dame looks so weak right now that MooStank would give em a close game.

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech

at Penn State

at Michigan

Michigan State

at Purdue

at UCLA

Boston College

USC

Navy

Air Force

Duke

at Stanford

5-7 if I am counting right. Hey ND will make a BCS Bowl at 5-7. They will then again lose said bowl like the last 13-14 or so. BUT, they will make the bowl.... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Here's their schedule:

Georgia Tech Loss

at Penn State Loss

at Michigan Loss (yes ND is worse than a 1AA)

Michigan State Loss

at Purdue 50/50

at UCLA Loss

Boston College Loss

USC Loss

Navy Loss

Air Force Loss

Duke Win

at Stanford Win

Looks bleak.

Sadly I think the armed forces will roll ND this year unless there is some serious improvement.

Honestly, I don't think that the Purdue game can be counted as a W for ND either. I think they have their QB back that threw for close to 4k yards last year :o . It's definitely going to be a year of excuses for the Irish.( I'm going to love watching it!)

Don't worry they will save the choke job against a conference team. Notre Dame looks so weak right now that MooStank would give em a close game.

Last time I checked Notre Dame didn't belong to a conference.

Archived