Video of 2009 AU recruit, LB Nico Johnson

WinCrimson

Check out the highlight reel on 2009 recruit and current Andalusia LB Nico Johnson. Nico's a good friend of mine and former teammate, btw...

While Nico is a lifelong Alabama fan, you're going to get your fair chance. He speaks very highly of Coach Willis. He holds an offer from Alabama, will be receiving an offer from AU very soon, and is

receiving heavy interest from Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, North Carolina, and LSU.

How many 6'2, 220 pound linebackers run a 4.6 and have a 37 inch vertical? Very few.

AuburnSports.com Nico Johnson profile

nicojohnson725200cog5.jpgnicojohnson725200adc5.jpg

Tommy Tuberville and Nick Saban disagree, but, what the hay?

How do they disagree when both Tuberville and Saban have offered Patrick? Mark Richt has offered as well. Nico Johnson is a great player, but Patrick already has 3 elite SEC offers (where-as Johnson has one) and his measurables are just as good if not better.

2009 RECRUIT!!!!! Oh brother :rolleyes:

We are already bickering about a signing class that hasn't even played their first snap of football in their senior year and now we are leap-frogging them to squabble about high school juniors.

Any great looking JV kids that might be an Auburn or Alabama lean?

Get used to it, we've already offered a few '09 prospects and will probably continue to do so even throughout the '08 signing class. You've got to get on these kids early nowadays.

PS: The best in-state player next year is looking like CB Dre Kirkpatrick, teammate of '08 recruit Jerrell Harris. I'm pretty sure he came in for a visit with Harris to the scrimmage we just had. This kid is already getting big-time looks from pretty much every major school in the south, and outside schools are starting to take notice as well. USC has already sent someone to see him and they've told him they'll definitely be recruiting him. Pretty much everyone that has gone to recruit Harris has raved about Kirkpatrick: he could be as big if not better than Julio Jones in terms of early hype (I know one USC recruitnik who absolutely thinks that Kirkpatrick is a better prospect than Jones).

PPS: The '09 class is looking like a very strong state in year again.

Get used to it, we've already offered a few '09 prospects and will probably continue to do so even throughout the '08 signing class. You've got to get on these kids early nowadays.

PS: The best in-state player next year is looking like CB Dre Kirkpatrick, teammate of '08 recruit Jerrell Harris. I'm pretty sure he came in for a visit with Harris to the scrimmage we just had. This kid is already getting big-time looks from pretty much every major school in the south, and outside schools are starting to take notice as well. USC has already sent someone to see him and they've told him they'll definitely be recruiting him. Pretty much everyone that has gone to recruit Harris has raved about Kirkpatrick: he could be as big if not better than Julio Jones in terms of early hype (I know one USC recruitnik who absolutely thinks that Kirkpatrick is a better prospect than Jones).

PPS: The '09 class is looking like a very strong state in year again.

You're right metafour on all accounts. To boot, Kirkpatrick and Harris' ex-teamate and close friend Jeremy Flowers is an invited walk-on this year for AU. I'm liking our chances on both of these guys.

Yup, I'd be pretty disappointed if we lost out on Jerrell Harris as it is, but with Kirkpatrick in the mix his recruitment is even more important. We havn't signed a bigtime CB in quite a while, and Kirkpatrick is a stud.

Tommy Tuberville and Nick Saban disagree, but, what the hay?

How do they disagree when both Tuberville and Saban have offered Patrick? Mark Richt has offered as well. Nico Johnson is a great player, but Patrick already has 3 elite SEC offers (where-as Johnson has one) and his measurables are just as good if not better.

Patrick is missing an important credential. Win doesn't know him personally and has never actually gone into battle with him.

That, and the fact that an Auburn coach has told him he's "#1 on our board."

I do realize that many coaches could say this to many prospects, though.

You can overhear a lot at the grocery store, can't you?

About as well as you can make false claims in a failed attempt at humor.

He'll have an offer from Auburn in his mailbox on September 1st.

FWIW, James Willis told him that.

That is the worst analogy I have ever seen. Another MNC for your trophy case.

On a side note, no one ever said Nico wasn't getting an AU offer or that we didn't think he was good. We can think he's great and still have rated Tana Patrick a little bit better. Doesn't mean we won't offer them both. Not sure why you didn't understand that. Guess you were too focused on zinging me with a killer analogy...

On a side note, no one ever said Nico wasn't getting an AU offer or that we didn't think he was good. We can think he's great and still have rated Tana Patrick a little bit better. Doesn't mean we won't offer them both. Not sure why you didn't understand that. Guess you were too focused on zinging me with a killer analogy...

Where did I EVER give an analogy in this thread? All comebacks are not analogies.

Do you know what an analogy is?

Where did I EVER give an analogy in this thread? All comebacks are not analogies.

Do you know what an analogy is?

No, I only used the word and referred to your analogy, but I do not know what one is.

Saying "about as well as you can make false claims in a failed attempt at humor," in response to my earlier statment is an analogy, as you are comparing my propensity for making false claims to your ability to overhear grocery store gossip. That is the essence of an analogy. I can post an exact definition if you would like, although as a bammer you have the uncanny ability to look the truth right in the face and still ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...

He'll have an offer from Auburn in his mailbox on September 1st.

FWIW, James Willis told him that.

got his written offers from UA, AU, UF, and Ole Miss today...

He certainly did.

Offers from FSU and North Carolina are expected in the near future.

FWIW, Nico is a member of the Rivals 100 for the 2009 class. This all but guarantees him of being a 4 or 5 star prospect. Rivals also ranked him as the #2 player in the state, behind only St. Pauls QB AJ McCarron.

Rivals also ranked him as the #2 player in the state, behind only St. Pauls QB AJ McCarron.

That ranking wasn't by Rivals, that was BamaOnLine's "Top 2009 to Watch", which essentially means its a "hype up the kids you lead for" list.

Rivals also ranked him as the #2 player in the state, behind only St. Pauls QB AJ McCarron.

That ranking wasn't by Rivals, that was BamaOnLine's "Top 2009 to Watch", which essentially means its a "hype up the kids you lead for" list.

Yep and Kirkpatrick will be the #1 player in state next year not AJ McCarron. Heck even Tana Patrick will be ranked over Johnson....

Archived